My Great Challenge - Part Deux

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (JustAverageJane @ 5/12/2017, 06:06 PM) 
    I swear every time Flylady Diane does a video Sophia tries to steal the theme. She recently did one on making sure you take care of yourself first. Sophia is just a second rate Flylady copy cat.

Sophia and Diane are like night and day.

I'm wondering when Sophia will change her YT channel name to "My Great Challenge - Totally Conquered in Six Weeks!"

Since Sophia enjoys using others' trademarked logos without permission, I want to suggest the McDonald's logo and slogan due to how much she crows about loving the FlyLady system:

2014-11-03-McD_LovinItTVShot_375-thumb

2.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm lovin' your suggestion! And you are correct. Night and day...

Flylady Diane is someone you watch and say "wow, she's got it together. I'd like to emulate her!"

Fakelady Sophia is someone you watch and say "wow, I'm so glad I'm not a schlumpy slob like her!"

3. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +1   Like  

User deleted

I love FlyLady Diane's clothes. Some are a bit off the wall but she's always just so well turned out.

No pink floral blouse and orange & pink striped cardigan for her.

Why does Sophia think she can mix awful patterns like that just because they both have the same core colour?

4.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I think if someone like Diane wore the same outfits Sophia wore it wouldn't look as bad. Sophia's clothes are ill fitting making them look sloppy. Plus the cut of Sophia's clothes is outdated. She's stuck in 2001 with her style. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she hasn't done any major shopping since the mid 2000s. Her outfit from this past video make her look like she's an adult baby wearing a diaper and too small onesie. She needs longer, sleeker lines when it comes to clothes. Then she wouldn't have the problem if her shirts showing her midsection when bending over while cleaning. She's not super model skinny, but she isn't a tub of lard either. Well fitting clothes could do wonders for her body shape. She needs to get with the "dress for the body you hsve now" that's become so popular recently. I mean, it's the best time to be not skinny with all the body positive attitudes and plus size models that are taking over social media. It's never been as acceptable as it it now to be fat. Embrace it, Sophia! Your husband loves you (and your body!!!), your kids love you, you've got a job and house over your head. Stop stressing about the useless numbers on the scale and unimportant clothes sizes.

5. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +3   Like  

User deleted

^^^adult baby diaper :tears-of-joy-smiley-emoticon:

Question: why does she say, when moving a task, "I'll report this to the next day" ?

I've never heard "report" used in that way. Does she mean repost?

Zone 2, Day 6:
    - Why would you ever stuff a used birthday bag & wrapping in your plate cupboard? Ever? Where's the thinking there? Is that where you'd look for it if you needed it?

- She moans about Willy not putting on weight, then moans when he's eating a bag of chips

- She has neighbours in for coffee? Really? The same neighbours that reported her when she rescued that bird??

Edited by OtherwiseKnownAsWIR - 13/5/2017, 16:03

6.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    OOTD - denim shirt - a whole lot better than the work outfits but gotta ditch the floral turtleneck!

I was actually impressed that she got the big ladder out to clean the windows outside. However, why not just clean the other 2 windows while you have the big ladder out??...

What does she have on the bottom cabinets next to the stove? She had pots there but now they're hanging from the ceiling. She didn't show the inside and didn't show cleaning them.

Do you guys think she actually clean the dog crates? She didn't show so I don't think she did... :shifty: <_<

7. Olderwiser
        +6   Like  

User deleted

Sophia, New Jersey is one of the most polluted states in The U.S. Just living in New Jersey causes a person physical harm. If that person has COPD, and has children with allergies, you would think that she would refrain from polluting her home further by using scented candles, incense, scented or chemical-laden cleaning and polishing products, hairspray, perfume, spray products of any kind, essential oil diffusers, etc. You would think that she would not allow pets on the furniture. You would think that she would minimize possessions. You would think that she would hire a professional to gauge the air quality of her home and install an excellent air filtration system. You would think that she would remove curtains and carpeting, replacing them with damp-wipeable blinds and flooring.

You would also think that she would have done all these things long ago, as a first priority, just as soon as she recognized that she and her children had health problems.

You would think that she would brush and wipe down her pets every single day, and dust and wipe down hard surfaces every single day. She would refrain from buying inexpensive furniture which off-gasses harmful substances. She would rinse off every surface that she just washed so that it would actually be clean.

She would make it her business to learn how to clean properly and effectively -- without cross-contamination. She would not use lemon oil on urethane-finished cabinets, certainly not without buffing it off. It cannot penetrate the finish and off-gasses as it slowly dries out. Lemon oil polish attracts airborne particles, and coats cabinets with a sludge of dust/dirt/pollen and lemon oil. She would have her basement checked out for mould and have it professionally remediated if necessary. She would have her home tested for radon. She would keep plants and flowers outdoors -- they can fill the air with mould spores, pollen, etc.

Sophia, If you did all these things in an effort to improve everyone's health, you might finally realize that your home is for everyone, not just you. Nothing is more important than the health and welfare of your family -- not your collections of crystal, china, linens, flatware, cookware, books, knick knacks, old clothing, purposeless furniture, office supplies, scrapbooking supplies, memorabilia, makeup, open display shelving, etc. The rest of your family could care less about these things. They want to be healthy. They want you to be healthy.

8.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    In today's video, she wiped down a single window pane FIVE TIMES. Why on earth is she using a squeegee? Why isn't one spray of Windex enough, or maybe two times if it's really grimey???

Also ... does Sophia think that a cupboard is only lower cabinet and a cabinet is only a wall-hung/upper cabinet? I've never called any of the cabinets in my kitchen cupboards, but I would definitely never differentiate cupboard from cabinet as totally separate things!

9. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +2   Like  

User deleted

I got the impression she meant the insides of the cabinets were the "cupboards" when she was rambling on about FlyLady missing them off the list.

Also, don't work quickly, like FlyLady says...

...and if it's clean, don't bother cleaning it, contrary to what FlyLady says...

:giving-thumbs-up-smiley-emotico

Edited by OtherwiseKnownAsWIR - 13/5/2017, 22:26

10.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Something is off with her hair color... Did she color herself?

She has her stash of soaps in boys bathroom? I don't think boys or Scott care for those scented hand soap. She says "we love these soaps". :eyeroll_zps8714d1ff:
    All I see is the plastic bottles ruining the environment. Why not get a big refillable soap and reuse the plastic bottles? save money & help the environment. I don't get people like Sophia.

Why is she throwing away shampoo & conditioner? Have Scott use them if she doesn't like them. Wait, is he bald?

Why does she have drapes in that tiny little boys bathroom? Why drapes?

Once again, starting dinner after 8 and will probably eat around 9. :eyeroll_zps8714d1ff: :eyeroll_zps8714d1ff:

11. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Ooer her hair does look odd.

She's definitely coloured it, because her grey patch at the front has gone but it's the wrong shade for her.

Anyway... what was that crap she said about being allergic to hair dye?

Wait...why is saying zone 3 is the whole second floor? It's the main Bathroom and 1 bedroom on the Flylady website. Does she do nothing right?

ETA: how many cabinets in that bathroom?!? Remove the white one, it's unnecessary! And how many soaps?!? Soap goes off too Sophia!

And cleaning the toilet with bubble bath... yeah that clears germs eh?

Edited by OtherwiseKnownAsWIR - 15/5/2017, 18:32

12.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Scott is bald! 😂 The boys could have used the shampoo and conditioner. Boys that age don't care about what they use (if they even use it at all!). I will never understand Sophia's wastefulness when it comes to the things she throws out. She's thrown out perfectly good body wash before because it was a few years old or because SHE didn't like smell. Same with cleaning products that she could've brought to work or asked a coworker if they'd like them. Heck, even ask some of her clients.

If only she'd spend a little of that makeup money on some new pieces of clothing so she wouldn't look like the Beverly hillbillies did all her shopping.

13.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Rlyordinaryhousewife @ 5/15/2017, 06:20 PM) 
    Scott is bald! 😂 The boys could have used the shampoo and conditioner. Boys that age don't care about what they use (if they even use it at all!). I will never understand Sophia's wastefulness when it comes to the things she throws out. She's thrown out perfectly good body wash before because it was a few years old or because SHE didn't like smell. Same with cleaning products that she could've brought to work or asked a coworker if they'd like them. Heck, even ask some of her clients.

If only she'd spend a little of that makeup money on some new pieces of clothing so she wouldn't look like the Beverly hillbillies did all her shopping.

:c_laugh: :c_laugh:
    I was typing and then thought, wait, is he???

yes, boys don't care! geesh, the way she casually tosses and wastes these stuff drives me crazy. What a waste. Stop wasting money and go to a professional salon and update your clothes. Nobody cares if you use scented hand soap. What a juvenile!! :eyeroll_zps8714d1ff: :eyeroll_zps8714d1ff:

14.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (OtherwiseKnownAsWIR @ 5/15/2017, 06:15 PM) 
    Ooer her hair does look odd.

Wait...why is saying zone 3 is the whole second floor? It's the main Bathroom and 1 bedroom on the Flylady website. Does she do nothing right?

ETA: how many cabinets in that bathroom?!? Remove the white one, it's unnecessary! And how many soaps?!? Soap goes off too Sophia!

And cleaning the toilet with bubble bath... yeah that clears germs eh?

Her hair is always as messy as she is. I get that you can't brush curly hair, but damn girl needs to use her hands to smooth it down sometimes.

I was confused why this zone includes 5 rooms instead of the recommended 2. Then I realized that if she doesn't have a room on the list she's not going to do it. I give it until middle of next month before she fizzles out. She was way too relaxed last week with only washing 1 cabinet a day. She still had half left by the last day so she had to hussle. Now she's cramming 3 extra rooms in her zone. The whole point of having a set amount is so you can really focus on the small details. She's going to manically clean every room, glazing over a lot of places that could have used the extra attention, just to get everything done.

The brown droplets she's talking about that come out on the walls in the boys' bathroom is nicotine bleeding thru the paint. If she had cleaned and prepped the walls properly before painting she could've saved herself the big headache of having to clean the walls so much. The ceiling was also peeling. Gross, Sophia. Get some primer and redo the damn bathroom already.

15. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +2   Like  

User deleted

I guess she went to the salon after WW for a Color this week... oh did we get a WW update? No... course not.

IMG_2207

889 replies since 17/3/2017, 22:29   47448 views