Mama Baird’s Homestead

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I have a Lodge enamel coated cast iron dutch oven that works just fine. I’m not a professional cook and I don’t need Staub or Le Creuset cook wear. I keep my kitchen clean, even when my husband doesn’t. He’s a great cook, though. This is the one I have.

2.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I have my mother's ancient Revereware. My girls both want the set. They'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands and then have a death match between themselves.

3.     +6   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Jay-Bee @ 2/2/2023, 06:40 PM) 
    I can certainly forgive non-name brand cookware, and dollar store utensils and so forth.

Can't overlook filth. Can't spend 5 minutes running a cleaning cloth over and around things? Gross.

I think there are a boatload of uneducated people out there who watch you tube and think it's an easy way to make a few bucks. They don't realize the majority of the yt folks they watch are if not professional then at least aware of the optics of filming something for public view. They WIPE the counters, SWEEP the floor, WASH the windows/appliances/themselves and do research to plan their video shoot B E F O R E they film. I watch very few yt'ers unless they are doing these things; I snark on the Bakery for the rest of them!! But, you know what I mean, right? If this is their job then ffs get it together. Even middle school kids doing tiktok crap know to PLAN, SET THE STAGE, and EDIT. Why can't these stupid yt gals do it?

4.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (first time caller 501 @ 2/2/2023, 11:19 PM) 
    They WIPE the counters, SWEEP the floor, WASH the windows/appliances/themselves and do research to plan their video shoot B E F O R E they film.

Heck, I remember my youngest wanting me to do some short videos for her when she was in college. One was how to sew on a button, one was sewing a hem....and a couple others. She said she was going to share them with classmates.

I cleared out one whole area in my craft area, set the camera up on a tripod and filmed them. Didn't take long. She got them and asked "where'd all your crap go?". LOL Maybe it's because I sell things online and the #1 thing that drives buyers nuts is unrelated clutter to the item for sale.

Looking for a home to buy last year, we saw the same carelessness in some house photos on Zillow. Wash your dishes! Put away laundry! That bra on the back of the couch isn't for sale, but do you really think it's the "thing" that will make it sell? LOL

Takes all kinds, I guess.

5.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (hotnbothered @ 2/2/2023, 21:36) 
    I have a Lodge enamel coated cast iron dutch oven that works just fine. I’m not a professional cook and I don’t need Staub or Le Creuset cook wear. I keep my kitchen clean, even when my husband doesn’t. He’s a great cook, though. This is the one I have.

That's a gorgeous blue color!

I don't have expensive cookware either. I was just curious if she used expensive stuff and beat it all to hell like the Bexter or if it was a Goodwill find. Carolina (or is it Caroline, I haven't watched her enough to know) puts on airs that her family is very poor it seems like. I can't tell if they are or not. I know you don't have to have money to clean your freaking house though!!!

6.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Her channel just happened to show up in my feed. The first video I watched she mentioned Becky (whom brought me to the bakery) she was given kudos to some ridiculous new trick she learned from her. The next crap I watched I totally laughed my ass off when Becky posted a freezer clean out and Mama Baird posted a haul from a friend's freezer because everything apparently stunk...what a coincidence!!! :embarrassed-smile-smiley-emotic

She always looks unkempt like surely grow with your channel but nope waiting to see what happens :1485540604:

Thank you for starting a thread :)

7.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Is she buying subscribers?! I really do not understand how she is growing at all. Just like Becky. No information all of it is copied. No creativity

8.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (cookie308 @ 2/3/2023, 05:36 PM) 
    Is she buying subscribers?! I really do not understand how she is growing at all. Just like Becky. No information all of it is copied. No creativity

Not sure how you can tell.

I did look at the profiles of about 12 subscribers/commenters on Becky's channel and found it odd that they were only subscribed to her channel and all were based out of SE Asia. No videos of their own, no other activity that I could see.

9.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    She has 700 views and her jelly video and only 37 comments and half of those are her responding. Yikes! Is she deleting comments? Sus.

10.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I can understand deleting videos that are inappropriate, or scams, stuff like that. Creators are exposed to a lot of criticism. I just don't know where they draw the line. It seems deceptive to delete every single disparaging remark, I don't know if they do that or not. I guess it depends on how thick/thin skinned they are.

If your stats are accurate, seems like her channel may be dying. I know I wasn't impressed.

11.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I tried watching one of her videos and clicked out.

12.     Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Oh dang, I meant to say delete COMMENTS, not videos. Sheesh!

13.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    The angle she films at gets on my nerves. I hated when Becky had her camera up above her like that at her old house. It just looks really weird

14.     +5   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    What the actual mess is this woman!? She should’ve started a hoarders cleanup channel in her kitchen because her kitchen is a wreck! Why would anyone share a cooking video in a filthy kitchen? She’s like a wannabe, knock-off Becky!

And food bank hauls….aren’t those for people who cannot afford groceries, not you tubers with 12k subscribers? Granted, I don’t know how much she makes with a channel that size, but she appears to be above the tax bracket for the food bank (?)

I cannot even get through a whole video. This is part of the current talent pool for 2023?!🤯

15.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    From my source, she makes on average $1,000 per month.

But yeah, the filth in her kitchen just gagged me.

1388 replies since 31/1/2023, 20:50   61481 views