Linda Vater

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (MamaB @ 23/4/2024, 00:16) 
    I like John and his style, but I did not like previous tour. I did not like that interior decor at all. It looked like a hot, boring mess. The outside was very uninspiring. It seemed like a desperation rather than an inspiration. The lady may have an interesting craft or hobby, and it should have been left at that. That house was not something we all needed to see. Reminded me of that awful craftsman home she toured a while back. Just blah.

John seems like a nice guy as does Sydney like most Oklahoma people probably are. It’s Linda that’s the wack job there. It’s unfortunate Linda likely did Sydney wrong with likely refusing to budge on price of her old house with many things that needed correcting that Linda probably thought didn’t exist. Honestly Sydney is better off without this unfair, temperamental person.

Think John is a shopaholic at Goodwill where most of his items come from. He has way too much stuff, especially all those pots outside so close together.

The lady is probably a bored housewife taking up that hobby and didn’t have to pay for the house since it was her parents. It was boring looking and they didn’t even show the curb appeal of. Wonder if they really did find each other on social media. Perhaps people might be more desperate for connections there. The craftsman before was blah. Linda seems desperate for content without a good eye for showing good properties.

2.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (LABLVR3 @ 22/4/2024, 22:10) 
    I would have enjoyed the tour of John’s garden (I love his maximalist style) without Linda and Stewart’s commentary. Interesting that it was disclosed that they haven’t known each other long when she previously inferred they were dear old friends. Linda has none of John’s sense of style and balance and composition. I’m the one who said she was small. She is probably only 5’4” or so.
    The tour of the person who was obviously a fan of Linda. 🥱
    Her house was really quite pretty and I loved her sense of style but it felt as if Linda as belittling it with each comment she made. It’s always uncomfortable when she “jokingly begs” for something like the woman’s handmade spheres or matches. That’s just weird. Or when she points out something and then acts like she has or had better….like the stove or plants or whatever. That’s just strange.

Well Linda can’t keep her big mouth shut so that ruins it when the owners can’t speak as much. Of course she would lie saying they’re old dear friends just like she claims to be the popular Miss Linda with all the neighborhood “kiddos” as she calls them. Notice how we only got one glimpse of Leah walking in the distance. Pretty rude and selfish of Linda to hog the spotlight for herself. When Leah is pictured she can barely speak with Linda’s mouth. Linda totally throws things wherever as her style and then makes excuses later if it’s questioned. She’s way too lazy to style like John does.

Yes, you mentioned that as her height and it was evident seeing her next to these two homeowners. She comes across as taller due to her overbearing personality. Likely this lady crossed paths with Linda in some gardening circles yet Linda is certainly the type to phrase it as a fan just like she says “my followers…”.

Linda was hinting strongly at handouts from this lady as well as from John. Whatever she can sponge off others. No class.

This lady obviously has a much larger house so Linda has to come in with her superior attitude and use any opportunity possible to brag about once owning the same stove or ready to buy this or that. When she’ll only do so if it’s thrifted and super cheap.

Maybe John was secretly glad he was sick and couldn’t hug her.

3.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I am so glad the most we got to see of Leah was her floating around in the background at john’s house. That was almost too much for me. The visual of that one is like nails on a chalkboard. I don’t need to hear her voice to get the willies. Bless her heart. She needs to stay far and away from the front of the camera.
    I don’t think linda was being greedy at John’s. She was offering to swap and share clippings. Which is common amongst gardeners. I would much rather someone ask to get some of mine than for me to just prune and trash. I can’t be hard on her for that.
    I do think she needs to be more scrupulous of any more homes and gardens to tour. Bland, badly decorated spaces aren’t worth the time. I don’t mind minimalist styling at all. There is a way to do it that is beautiful and interesting. That last home was not well curated in my opinion. I will snark on that.

4.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (MamaB @ 23/4/2024, 22:40) 
    I am so glad the most we got to see of Leah was her floating around in the background at john’s house. That was almost too much for me. The visual of that one is like nails on a chalkboard. I don’t need to hear her voice to get the willies. Bless her heart. She needs to stay far and away from the front of the camera.
    I don’t think linda was being greedy at John’s. She was offering to swap and share clippings. Which is common amongst gardeners. I would much rather someone ask to get some of mine than for me to just prune and trash. I can’t be hard on her for that.
    I do think she needs to be more scrupulous of any more homes and gardens to tour. Bland, badly decorated spaces aren’t worth the time. I don’t mind minimalist styling at all. There is a way to do it that is beautiful and interesting. That last home was not well curated in my opinion. I will snark on that.

Leah is different but do feel for her being around self-centered, loud-mouth Linda so much. She’s does her marketing so likely she found that lady’s house to feature which didn’t impress even with gardening.

Swapping clips is nice amongst gardeners. But Linda initially brings it up in a “me first” way. At John’s house she caught herself and only afterwards said she’ll give him some of hers. Likely John would never be at her house bringing it up first, nor think Linda would initially offer.

At the lady’s house she saw those toothpick things and worded it like she had to have them first. Yet when Leah did some scarf tying thing Linda gives her a dirty look when she takes more of a few tiny small candies in the glass jar that had many. Also suspect Linda (or if southern living plants are sponsoring her like her yard lawn sign says) is too cheap to pay Leah a fair wage. Perhaps the job is more a hobby for her.

That home wasn’t impressive but just desperation for something to film go keep her YouTube numbers up. There’s likely plenty of historical district homes (as Linda claims) but maybe they don’t want their properties filmed and visited by her.

5.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Oklahoma City and the surrounding suburbs are literally FILLED with beautiful homes. Everything from historic cottages to expansive ranches and just multi million dollar homes in subdivisions. Lots of $$ in OKC! If Leah was any kind of marketing guru she would be searching those properties out. OKC has long had gorgeous city magazines which feature those kind of things but which would be new material to Linda’s viewers. If they had any good sense they would got get a stack of them and start making a page of potential properties to contact and film inside and out especially with the weather becoming perfect for that.

6.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I don’t feel sorry for Leah one little bit. Nor Stewwwwwert. They love what they do for Linda and what they perceive they get back. Leah is intensely more annoying than Linda. I do kind of wonder if they’re now taking on more of a roll of elder sitting with her. Getting paid to take care of the crazy old lady that’s losing her mind sort of seems likely to me. It’s a bit tongue in cheek that thought process, I admit, but Linda is so whacky it’s hard not to wonder.

7.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Guessing Linda might not want to feature local houses and properties that take the spotlight away from hers. That’s maybe why she featured that lady’s house/property as it wasn’t so over the top gorgeous nor shown from front. And she often threw out digs to “one up” her by saying “oh that container looks like one from my QVC line, which sold out immediately and you can’t get anymore.” Linda if things don’t sell well, they don’t bring them back. One of the reasons her latest journal book has dropped in price since its release a few months ago. Low demand.

There might be comparisons with her smaller cluttered and sloppily maintained house with people with things larger and better upkeep. She seems to have the smallest house and yard the on the block. She promotes it as a cottage to sound charming and all the people passing as “admiring her work” from far and wide. As well as her self appointed title of “Miss Linda”: most popular with all the kids.

It’s tough to figure out how Stewart or Leah get paid when her YT channel hovered around 30k subscribers for a long time. She’s super cheap so she doesn’t spend money for most of what we see. Southern living supplies nearly all plantings which is why they have that sign in front of her yard, and now has their own pictures of their items shown in between her talking so much. YouTube’s new rule also states the video must display a notice of a paid promotion which is now on hers meaning she received funds and/or products for showing or talking about a sponsors products.

Think Stewart is getting paid by them as Linda’s way too cheap to extend herself. She probably told them she needs a videographer since they’re only paying her in plants. Questionable if they would pay Leah’s salary too. But she often travels abroad and maybe has a trust fund and takes this job as something flexible she can do online, posting to Linda’s social media platforms.

It’s doubtful Linda does much work for her brand behind the scenes. She’d rather make excuses than work at maintaining a property well. It’s all about her being “adorned” as to “what I’m reading, what I’m wearing” etc. etc. But she’s put her own needs ahead of everyone else, which might be why she doesn’t want her channel showing more beautiful things than she has. It’s clear from the last lady’s house she looks to see what little freebies she could take home, and compete like she has or did own expensive things like the stove etc.

8.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She's tiresome. I can't believe I used to watch her. After a bit, I thought nope. Way too long winded and blah blah blah.
    :chatter-box-smiley-emoticon:

9.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Another video touring her cluttered yard:
    Too many mentions of “lemon lane”. Luckily she forgot to keep calling it “Linda’s lemon lane” like she’s an important person they named a street after.
    Lots of crazy quotes in this video
    “just everything is looking wonderful here”
    “ colors echo”
    What a jungle of bushes trees and plants next to her neighbors property.
    Says the pollinator bees are making everything stunning. “Everything is happy happy happy with bees everywhere”. Yet Stewart’s camera scares the one bee in sight.
    For once she has on a matching outfit but ruins it with sneakers, wrinkled pants (on the inner part she didn’t iron) and obvious cameltoe showing on flesh colored fabric. Models her outfit waving her hand saying “that’s my outfit du jour”. Trying to be fancy.
    “I’ve been doing tons of deadheading”. Where Linda? Says her butterfly bushes are not coming along as expected saying this is a perfect opportunity to record such “important events” in her garden journal book. Last time she showed the book, not many entries were in there and with all her numerous plantings she’s definitely not recording barely anything. Yet tells us we should. Says they cancelled the book signing for this because of the rain. Guess the book can’t sell itself too easily without nice weather. Stepping stones are oddly placed and not well coordinated. She had to add some in backyard for Stewart.
    “Stewart if you torque properly you will see this”.
    “Harmonizes beautifully”.
    “Here are the projects I’m working on” as she shows a messy area in the yard. Is she really working on them given her excuses before.
    The flower box is still a mess with small shrubs that don’t go together, need pruning and don’t match one another.
    “My flowerbox is profuse with blooms”. Doesn’t look so yet. Before when people complained this was a jingle she said she wanted fullness so she could prune it down later. Just excuses as it still a mess and she strung people along with her lies. She has two laterns and a votive candle oddly spaced on ledge above flower box. One latern door is still open which just looks lazy and sloppy. She obviously doesn’t care about this, when she’s in bathtub right in front of this window and secretly peeking through blinds to see “all the people” she claims are looking at her yard.

Front railings still look like jail bars and the lack of symmetry of plantings on either side is pure sloppiness. Still looks awful and imbalanced, yet she still thinks it’s beautiful.
    Says her backyard looks stunning with everything in perfect place except for my hose” sprawled across it. Linda what about the extra umbrella stand right next to the table? Don’t tell us that’s part of the look.
    “The beautiful expanse of the backyard”
    “I’m staging my theater of plants over here”
    “Us gardeners suffer for our craft hauling heavy heavy hoses.” Yet before she lets Stewart into the backyard with the camera she is hosing everything down. So how often do you deal suffer Linda watering for real?
    “Here’s my beautiful hose. Here’s my beautiful topiaries”. My, My, My.
    “Here’s my plant stands now on discount at QVC”. Shows her wicker pot and metal cage saying they’re no longer available on QVC. All this stuff looks very basic like she really didn’t design it herself or very well and just attached her name to these cheap looking products.
    She points to the white blooming tree the school kids she claims wanted to shake and make it snow and says it’s done with. Guess that never happened.
    Says “I need to do this and that, and I will”. Question is will you actually Linda.
    “I remember equivocating”.
    “I’ll keep it deadheaded”. Will you though?
    “Here’s my basket of movable fragrants”. Linda this is a large pot which you’re surly not moving around the yard for scent purposes.
    “All my pinching paid off”. Another pat on the back she’s giving herself.
    “I’ve planted this bush by the side gate to give the gate a vertical element”. Plant looks silly there all by itself just to keep the gate company? Silly when the gate is already vertical also.
    Some kid or someone is returning to “continue caulking in my signature pink color” on her front steps. She took credit for creating the grey color in backyard. Now she gets credit for a pink color?
    “I’ve added my stepping stones back here for Stewart”. So if he didn’t almost trip a couple of times on this cluttered area you wouldn’t have done this?
    “We suffer for our craft”. Linda looking for another pat on back.
    “This area is looking very Dana Vreeland”. Name dropping again.
    Says “au contrare” showing you can hold the backyard railings with all those big pots on steps. Guess she forgot about small kids, and the elderly. And it’s silly to expect people to extend their arm out when navigating these curves steps. Most of her property is a tripping hazard including still this area.

What an exhausting almost hour long video to watch and listen to her self-praise.

10.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    It’s gotten quiet in here. Lol. Watched some of her recent back yard video. In flat light, it’s actually looking pretty decent. I don’t love the “theaters” at all. I think proper ground plantings would look better.
    Front yard looks insane! I don’t get it at all. That window box is so odd. The bushes aren’t the same and they’re spaced badly. Ugh. Wish she would address that space. Why not plant some boxwood topiaries in there?

11.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I actually think it’s quieted down because her YouTube has gotten so boring.

12.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Gotten quiet because some of us need a break from her videos which are long and posted often.

Seeing the length of her recent videos scares me - you need the right stamina to endure everything this self-centered woman pushes on people in an hour long video.

For someone with such a small yard and house she sure comes up with endless self praising words/excuses/things to talk about.

Many gardeners enjoy working alone in the garden but, seems clear, she’s not working in hers that much given the clutter and neglect. It’s more about using gardening go run her mouth and stroke her ego, thinking she’s famous.

13.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Maybe she is in the early stages of dementia! :dunno:

14.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Oh, y’all….I watched a some of the summer must have videos. Fast forwarded a chunk because…damn.

Why the hell can’t these people buy an extra mic or two? It’s absolutely atrocious to have someone else in front of the camera having to be picked up by Linda’s mic. It sounds so awful.

Leah. Bless her awkward little heart. This girl again. It was kind of funny watching her cling to her fish bottle. She did not want Linda to manhandle it at all. I understand being more carefree with your facial expressions when you’re not on camera, but she needs to be be conscientious when she’s being filmed. She makes awful faces and is so odd in her posture and movements. Just stop it.
    Last snark. Lort, have all the mercy. Linda’s outfit with the green top that looks like it was made to fit a damn alien was hysterical. The way oversized shell collar (aka necklace) looks a mouth full of monster teeth. Earrings that look like the second mouth of teeth ready to devour the earthlings. Then add the ridiculous circle basket purse….that outfit was insane. Y’all please look at and see if it looks like a creature from
    Men In Black!

15.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (MamaB @ 5/8/2024, 12:31 PM) 
    Leah. Bless her awkward little heart. This girl again. It was kind of funny watching her cling to her fish bottle. She did not want Linda to manhandle it at all. I understand being more carefree with your facial expressions when you’re not on camera, but she needs to be be conscientious when she’s being filmed. She makes awful faces and is so odd in her posture and movements. Just stop it.

Leah, is unusual to say the least. She makes so many funny (in a strange way) faces. In the latest video, I noticed at the end that Leah was doing a lot of strange things with her mouth, like pursing her lips. Does she have an overbite that she is trying to cover up? I don't know why she does that and the crazy head tilts.

317 replies since 7/2/2023, 00:47   45796 views