Take TWO - Jen Rewatch

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    So I'm neck deep in Vlogust 2012 and she's doing a whole foods haul....she then feels the need to explain why her store-specific reusable bags are wrinkled....she didn't have time to press them after she washed them :blink: who else but Jen would press reusable shopping totes....is this a thing? Omg....I need more wine...
    Wait....she didn't have the time? :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

Video

2.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    My take. This is early Jen ... she didn't know who/what she wanted to be ... but here she finds herself on YT.

I think she is at her "super neat, and tidy, organized super young wife" stage ...

3.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Was watching some old Utah Vlogtobers 2012/13, while nourishing my baby last night, and hadn't seen this one in a long time. Love the feigned sense of being flattered by the blogger who had an office "inspired by" Jen. Because that's just too weird right...seeing someone's life on the internet and deciding you need to have all the same things. Who DOES that??!?

Video

Can't decide if she was annoyed, creeped out or truly pissed...not really buying she thought "it was cool that she was inspired by it"

Edited by worldsokayestmom - 8/5/2016, 10:17 PM

4.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I think she was pissed that the person didn't mention she was inspired by her.

5.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (DipDipDipMyBlueShip @ 6/8/2016, 04:11) 
    Mhm, and then ABFOL retroactively changed her blog post to mention Jen lol

"One of the You Tube subscriptions I watch, Organized Jen, shared her craft room organization a while back (Jen also has a fabulous organizing blog that you may want to check out). When I saw her video, I knew that the furniture and shelving set up would be perfect for my small office. So I ordered the Bedford Pottery Barn Desks, shelving & the Reisenthel boxes to go on the shelves (no longer available). There are not too many options for baskets/bins that will fit on these particular shelves. They are very narrow. I have yet to find anything else to fit on them. Im still searching though, since I like to change things up a bit, from time to time. I found the white slipcovered chairs from Ikea. I love my new set up. Thank you Jen, for the inspiration for my new office. <3"
    www.abowlfulloflemons.net/2013/10/p...ice-reveal.html

99% sure that part wasn't there originally.

Now see, this is why a rewatch is great. And why Jen, no matter how many boring periods we go through, will always come through for us. Because I never knew that...it's like a onion of crazy, with unlimited layers, that lasts for years.

Also, for those who mentioned being new to Jen...there are so many videos to watch to help you get a well rounded picture.

If I were teaching a college course on Jen, this one would most definitely be in the syllabus:
    Video

"Because, honestly, I don't find an occasion to use this stuff a lot of the time...but I do use some of it very frequently. I just, I don't really feel comfortable going out of my house without this."

And the updated version:
    Video
    "...all of the on-the-go essentials and just-in-case items I need to feel comfortable when I am out and about."

In case you're wondering what's in Donald's walking pharmacy...it's a pound of raw meat and a case of Tito's.

6.     +7   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I still can't believe how much crap she manages to stuff in those things....she must just sit there in the craptice with a cup of rapidly cooling tea imagining the worst possible scenarios. "What if I'm out to dinner with my mister and I puncture my finger on the pick holding my blue cheese stuffed olives and then blood drips on my OOTD and then my lipstick won't match the bloodstains....." OMG

7.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I watched the Miraval vlog which took place about 2-3 weeks after the poop hitting the fan video, according to my calculations. I can't make any really good guesses about what the poop was, does anyone have a good guess? I assumed Ross family drama. Then she mentioned possibly in another video?? about getting nervous about going to a bridal shower but since her MIL and SIL were there that helped. Maybe it was Boyles family drama.

My snarky observations about Miraval are this (and I swear I don't remember watching this vlog before, I must have missed it)- I googled Miraval and the rates are outrageously expensive. And it's a "wellness" spa which she would just eat right up. Jen got a horse to offer her it's back hoof and she cried because of the meaning it represented in her own life. Give me a break. She was there for 3 whole nights. She went all the way to Arizona to spend 3 freaking nights at a super expensive place to run away from her problems, after running away not 2 weeks before, also to Arizona. This is very telling, loony behavior to me for some reason. It's like she didn't have the nerve to either face her problems head on, or make a real statement and be gone for like a week or more. Not that that's the right thing to do but get some guts.

Video

8.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Vlogtober 2012 - Pure Crazy Jen

Video

9.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group
    Shopping mall parking lot having a meltdown

Status
    QUOTE (DirtyMartini @ 8/4/2016, 03:43 PM) 
    Just in case you have no clue how to unpack a suitcase.....what Don will do to get some of DAT ASS.

Video

I love how Special Snowflake Jen™ has her clothes in unique hangers and packing cubes while Don's outfits get the generic dry-cleaners wire hangers and open space for TSA to rummage thru no problem.

Speaking of hotel organizing videos, I wanna add this one on the list for the sheer insanity of the snack drawer layout.

Video

10.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    She infuriates me with the way she talks and handles Don's clothes. And I remember a vlog from a long time ago where she said she buys his lounge around clothes (like his tshirts and shorts that he wears around the house) at Kohls. I've never seen her mention buying her own clothes there. It's good enough for Don's clothes but not for hers.

11. Flossy Rossy
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Some fun Melissa moments at the end.
    Video

12.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    So much baby talk. And that target haul :shocked-smiley-emoticon:
    She said she was going to run errands. Errands=shopping for random stuff you don't need.
    All the Melissas talk baby-talk. So strange with that popcorn. Most people would figure out the new packaging, pop it in the microwave and eat it. But noooooo, they had to make a whole song and dance about it :slapping:

13. Flossy Rossy
        +4   Like  

User deleted

Jen can't open the popcorn and Suzanne says it's foolproof. :hearty-laugh:

"You are so easily amused. Who needs a movie? You can watch the microwave."

Bravo Suzanne! Bravo!
    :clapping-hands-above-head-smile :clapping-hands-above-head-smile

Emily and the pipe cleaners. :20130930101758-5e972761:
    Video

14.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 7/8/2016, 17:57) 
    She infuriates me with the way she talks and handles Don's clothes. And I remember a vlog from a long time ago where she said she buys his lounge around clothes (like his tshirts and shorts that he wears around the house) at Kohls. I've never seen her mention buying her own clothes there. It's good enough for Don's clothes but not for hers.

She also just loves to her digs in at him...under the guise of "being funny" she says things that, if he said them to/about her, he'd have to buy out Tiffany's.

"He always orders the girliest drinks...he broke my loftice ladder...his clothes are SO HUGE..." and on and on and on...

She feels good about sharing her cervical mucous and bowel issues...but if he casually mentions her not liking sea bass, or having some drugs in her after her CC section, he is SHUT.DOWN. :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

15.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen sounds like the sane, intelligent one when Emily is speaking. I don't know why Jen sounds so aloof and condescending to Emily though - Emily makes up "Autograph Kits" and Jen goes in for "Creative Necessity Pouches" and "Walking Pharmacies". Seems like birds of a feather to me.

896 replies since 4/8/2016, 03:02   93793 views