« Older   Newer »

1. Marnie's Knees
        +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Amused 101 @ 9/25/2016, 05:50 AM) 
    I know this has been mentioned but I don't understand why she isn't feeding CC herself? I agree with DDelish about the spoon/fork issue. If she's going to be feeding CC a wide variety of foods at mealtime CC should at least know what utensils are!

Also, Jen is well known for painstakingly slow transitions & adjustments. What happened to CC's food journey? One day it was pureed sweet potato then, bam, she's having pasta, beef & green beans. What happened to the 32 steps in between? Did something happen in Utah to make her abandon her transitional feeding journey. :eyeroll_zps8714d1ff:

I would imagine she can't be breastfeeding very much with the hearty portions she's doling out. CC will be on prime rib by her 1st birthday if things continue at this pace.

It's safe to say her original mantra of "food before one is just for fun" has been tossed by the wayside with a bang!

Perhaps Jen's instinctual MAMA voice is guiding her? More than likely it's a random blogger somewhere, influencing Jen from afar. :unsure:

She sure is a cutie!

All this goes back to my original question: is Jen not taking CC to her regular well checks with the dr? I understand that she has no friends - which were my life line with my first child, as my oldest was born on my best friend's daughter's first birthday. So she was literally 1 year ahead and was a wealth of knowledge for me. But our pediatrician (who my kids still see at 18 & 21 - mainly because we lover her and are having a hard time moving on!) has always been so helpful in what is going on at the proper stage. The first year we did well checks every 3 months and received very thorough info on that stage. It baffles me that Jen is forging her own way. She seems like someone who would research everything in a book like What To Expect The First Year, and then follow it exactly as it says. She's a nut case. Other than giving them Cheerios - more for dexterity than for nutrition - I fed them both until about a year. I had a little grinder and would pulverize whatever we were eating, that was okay for them. Then I would feed them. Oh boy, she frustrates me so & I don't even know her!

888 replies since 16/9/2016, 11:45   46016 views