« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    What did she say about the skater kids? I missed that.

2. HEB Cheese
        +3   Like  

User deleted

I didn't catch her being derogatory about skater kids, just her usual know-it-all self being ignorant about PacSun. I hate to say it, but this was a good list. I have given my teenage son most of this stuff at one point. Of course, it was Shane's, not Marnyard's, so that's why. I hope he gets a cut of the cash from all of those affiliate links!

3. Flossy Rossy
        +2   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Cookie Marnster @ 20/12/2016, 15:20) 
    What did she say about the skater kids? I missed that.

PacSun is more for skater kids. Shane isn't a skater kid. He likes their hoodies. He's more preppy.
    Something like that.

I hope he gets a cut too.
    It wasn't bad. It was Shane's list. I clicked the link for record frames. I need to go clear my cookies.
    :fist-shake:

4.     +4   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    That was all I heard about PacSun so I thought I was missing something. It was a good list. I thought Marnie acted like an ass when she talked about Shane having a list, as if a) every kid doesn't have a Christmas/Hanukkah list and b) SHE DIDN'T SPECIFICALLY ASK FOR ONE FOR THIS VIDEO.

5. Marnie's Business Poof
        +6   Like  

User deleted

Shane and College Boy Jake's style is whatever Stumpy says it is.

It's not a democracy.

To me, both boys are void of any personality or individuality. Sad.

6.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Are people that dense about what to get boys? There is nothing original or ground breaking about the Goldberg list. My boys don't get excited about clothes. Stores on their list are Academy, Bass Pro Shop, REI, Cabelas, Sun and Ski Sports and a few local and nearby stores like Good Sports Outdoors, the Tackle Box, and Gruene Outfitters. My favorite gifts this year has been some items from a local company called Jon Hart. They have many leather items on sale right now. My husband still has and uses a Jon Hart Dop kit he got for graduation from high school. I'm shopping early for some graduation gifts. Yeti tumblers still a big seller this year, so are other double wall stainless steel beverage containers like the Camelbak Chute. Nothing better than having a drink stay cold in a hot car or vice versa. I've got tons more gift ideas for boys that don't include skinny pants or hoodies.

Edited by dirtyfoot - 12/20/2016, 09:32 AM

7.     +10   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    I remain baffled by their bathroom. One half is this cool toned grey and taupe set up. The other half consists of dated vanities and orange wood. Did they like run out of funds halfway through a remodel??

8. OhHai
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (dirtyfoot @ 20/12/2016, 16:23) 
    Are people that dense about what to get boys? There is nothing original or ground breaking about the Goldberg list. My boys don't get excited about clothes. Stores on their list are Academy, Bass Pro Shop, REI, Cabelas, Sun and Ski Sports and a few local and nearby stores like Good Sports Outdoors, the Tackle Box, and Gruene Outfitters. My favorite gifts this year has been some items from a local company called Jon Hart. They have many leather items on sale right now. My husband still has and uses a Jon Hart Dop kit he got for graduation from high school. I'm shopping early for some graduation gifts. Yeti tumblers still a big seller this year, so are other double wall stainless steel beverage containers like the Camelbak Chute. Nothing better than having a drink stay cold in a hot car or vice versa. I've got tons more gift ideas for boys that don't include skinny pants or hoodies.

Those boys have no hobbies, no interests and do no activities that don't count towards college admission. They will be as bland and boring as Stumpy candy cane pecker when they grow up. Shane's list is quite sad really.

9.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    They renovated the bathroom in 2012, and she said it was only halfway completed. In 2015 she wasn't still ready to finish the cabinet renovations, (a bucket juggling act?) so she decided to update it by recovering the stool with the dirty towel seat instead. Remember this:

Video

I'm sure if anyone else had made that remark about skaters it wouldn't have raised an eyebrow, but it's Marnie, and we know her, so we are always on high alert for her snobbisms, lol.

10. Flossy Rossy
        +4   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (OhHai @ 20/12/2016, 16:37) 
    Those boys have no hobbies, no interests and do no activities that don't count towards college admission. They will be as bland and boring as Stumpy candy cane pecker when they grow up. Shane's list is quite sad really.

Shane wants to be a rapper/music producer.
    :hearty-laugh:
    Still makes me laugh.
    I think he is a bit different from his brother.

I don't know anything about what boys want for Christmas or Hanukkah.
    It seemed normal though.
    Money, clothes, video games.
    Bow ties :toothless-chuckle-smiley-emotic
    :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

11. OhHai
        +4   Like  

User deleted

He doesn't do anything related to music. No music school, learning an instrument, singing lessons.... nothing. His captors won't let him. The closest he's got to doing anything creative was that arts class he had to do for school credits.

12.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (dirtyfoot @ 12/20/2016, 04:23 PM) 

Nothing groundbreaking just an opportunity to plant links at stores she normally can't!

13. Flossy Rossy
        +5   Like  

User deleted

He has expensive headphones!
    :eyeroll_zps8714d1ff:
    He went as a rapper for Halloween and didn't know the costume was Run DMC.
    He probably looks up to Kanye.
    :rolleyes:

14.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Flossy Rossy @ 20/12/2016, 17:10) 
    Shane wants to be a rapper/music producer.
    :hearty-laugh:
    Still makes me laugh.
    I think he is a bit different from his brother.

I don't know anything about what boys want for Christmas or Hanukkah.
    It seemed normal though.
    Money, clothes, video games.
    Bow ties :toothless-chuckle-smiley-emoticon:

I have a step nephew who is Jake's age. That is usually what he asks for money, clothes, games, and electronics. He likes preppy clothes, doesn't like Academy stuff or sportswear at all. This year he wants some smelly Armani or Versace shampoo. I told my mom to buy him Suave as a joke. He's getting a Starbucks gc from me.

Edited by Cookie Marnster - 12/20/2016, 05:41 PM

15. OhHai
        +4   Like  

User deleted

Lol in his mind he's probably half way to being a rapper already! Monster (I will call her that until she starts treating her dogs nicer) would have a fit if he became a rapper. A preppy rapper in chinos and a bow tie might just be acceptable.

905 replies since 20/12/2016, 01:14   31371 views