All aboard, toot toot

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 24/7/2017, 03:21) 
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 24/7/2017, 02:30) 
    So we must assume the whole family saw the Tosh thing. What do we think was the reaction/fallout from that episode? I would be so completely humiliated for my parents to see me playing daddy-baby.

Jen addresses it once and only once at the tail end of vlog. Shockingly, Jen hits it out the park. Her response is short, calm, and mature. It's clear from her response the Ross lawyers were consulted and nothing could be done under fair use. She ends up pulling back from vlogging over the next year and I think it probably was a little bit of a wake up call when it comes to posting your life on the internet, but absolutely nothing indicates the fam wasn't completely behind her. Remember, she pulled down none of her content...including the full version of the video Tosh pulled from.

About 23:20
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0G-qaFtNC0

She really did great with the response to the tosh video.

2.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 24/7/2017, 05:36) 
    Yes thank you Seabass!

Do you believe when she says I really like me and I've moved on from it like immediately? She had to feel at least some embarrassment over this. I am so fascinated by this. Being humiliated on a national tv show is so many galaxies beyond haters gonna hate. Wow.

National TV but... it's basic cable and on a show with a nerdy geeky audience made up mostly of troll creatures.

3.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Does anyone else feel like her lips get bigger/fuller when she's pregnant. The only thing I could focus on in that vid was her lips.

4.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    We will be speculating her pregnancy until she is actually pregnant and announces it! :lol: I do actually think she is pregnant now... I resisted the pregnancy train for a long time, but I believe there is a good chance she is now.

If she isn't... she's been putting on weight due to CC's snacking habits, which Jen probably joins in with, and lack of exercise (occasional wander down to Target or to the park is hardly proper exercise). In other words, if she's not pregnant, she's doing a very good impression of it.

5.     +10   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    For what it's worth, I am 9 weeks today with my second and I am amazed at how bloated and puffy and already basically looking quite pregnant I am. The second time around is no joke, your body just blows up. So I do think she's pregnant, if her blood test on the 20th was the NIPT then she's probably waiting on those results to announce. I haven't told many people yet but it's getting pretty hard to hide it and none of my clothes fit. So I do feel for her there.

For some reason I am always pregnant at the same time as Jen. My son and Charlotte are about a month and a half apart.

6.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    On a salt bed in Italy ducking flying muffins.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (sweettreat @ 24/7/2017, 13:56) 
    For what it's worth, I am 9 weeks today with my second and I am amazed at how bloated and puffy and already basically looking quite pregnant I am. The second time around is no joke, your body just blows up. So I do think she's pregnant, if her blood test on the 20th was the NIPT then she's probably waiting on those results to announce. I haven't told many people yet but it's getting pretty hard to hide it and none of my clothes fit. So I do feel for her there.

For some reason I am always pregnant at the same time as Jen. My son and Charlotte are about a month and a half apart.

Duh, sweettreat, just put on your trusty lacy dress with preppie tie belt, hold your first child in front of you....et viola! Instant pregnancy disguise ;). May I also suggest flyaway cardigans and athletic shorts?

(Seriously though, congrats!)

7.     +6   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    If I recall correctly, there was two weeks of awkward silence from Jen after the tosh episode aired. People were asking her over and over about it but Jen remained silent. Then she showed up with vlogtober and addressed it because people would not stop asking. So she had time to compose herself and figure out what she wanted to say.

8.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous

Congrats!!!

Have you ordered your tracking device of choice / planer yet?

:running-around-smiley-emoticon:

9.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 24/7/2017, 14:30) 
    If I recall correctly, there was two weeks of awkward silence from Jen after the tosh episode aired. People were asking her over and over about it but Jen remained silent. Then she showed up with vlogtober and addressed it because people would not stop asking. So she had time to compose herself and figure out what she wanted to say.

That's correct. The episode aired September 18, 2013 and she addressed in the October 1 vlog. I even think this was well executed. She waited to see what, if anything, could be done by their lawyers and stayed quiet in the heat of the moment. She came back with her regularly scheduled Vlogtober and quietly addressed it the first day.

(Lest you think I'm a completely insane stalker to have all this info readily to hand, I had put it together for our poop hitting the fan timeline a couple months back ;))

Edited by seabassJr - 7/24/2017, 08:45 AM

10.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Thanks friends :6792:

How ever will I manage my prenatal planner of choice when I'm still tracking my every POSTPARTUM move?!

11.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Congratulations sweettreat!

12.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous

Wait til you have your fourth you bloat up before you even know you're pregnant. My husband kept asking are you pregnant? My response no I think I'm just getting fat. A few weeks before I even had my missed period my jeans wouldn't zip and my tops were really tight. I had to go out shopping for more clothes and 2 weeks later a positive test. I'm 21 weeks this week and as big as I was at 7-8 months with my last 3.

13.     +8   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Okay, last post on this, I swear but it's always been so incomprehensible to me!

Tosh is more obscure than say, the nightly news, but at the time Jen and especially Don were *exactly* his target audience: smug, nerdy internet-loving 20somethings. The humiliation and degradation of the content could not have been much worse - Tosh literally suggests her husband shove a scepter up her a*s.

And this isn't just an embarrassment that happened once and just needed to be pushed through. She says her first and last name in the video. Reruns could pop up at any time humiliating them in front of a whole new group of people and it's forever available and searchable on the internet. It will literally NEVER go away.

This was a woman who needed "personal days" in order to "take a break and be gentle with herself" when her life of nothing BUT personal days got too overwhelming. But when something happens that would send even the most healthy of people into a tailspin, within approximately a week, she's back, calm, and confident with a simple, pithy soundbite on the matter. Jen is truly a world unto herself.

14.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (sweettreat @ 24/7/2017, 14:42) 
    Thanks friends :6792:

How ever will I manage my prenatal planner of choice when I'm still tracking my every POSTPARTUM move?!

Most important rule:

DON'T MIX UP THE STICKERS!!!

It's very important to buy topic specific stickers that under no circumstances are to be used for any other planner!

:1472615450:

15.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Wait til you have your fourth you bloat up before you even know you're pregnant. My husband kept asking are you pregnant? My response no I think I'm just getting fat. A few weeks before I even had my missed period my jeans wouldn't zip and my tops were really tight. I had to go out shopping for more clothes and 2 weeks later a positive test. I'm 21 weeks this week and as big as I was at 7-8 months with my last 3.

I can't even imagine! I'm already 38 so I don't think I'll ever have to but wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!! I'm so ready to get this first trimester over with, pregnant with a toddler is kicking my butt. Bless you for doing it with three kids already!

944 replies since 21/7/2017, 23:42   84376 views