« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (sweettreat @ 24/7/2017, 15:42) 
    Wait til you have your fourth you bloat up before you even know you're pregnant. My husband kept asking are you pregnant? My response no I think I'm just getting fat. A few weeks before I even had my missed period my jeans wouldn't zip and my tops were really tight. I had to go out shopping for more clothes and 2 weeks later a positive test. I'm 21 weeks this week and as big as I was at 7-8 months with my last 3.

I can't even imagine! I'm already 38 so I don't think I'll ever have to but wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!! I'm so ready to get this first trimester over with, pregnant with a toddler is kicking my butt. Bless you for doing it with three kids already!

Kudos to you! I'm 31 and couldn't imagine being pregnant much older. Being pregnant in my 30s is way different than in my 20s. This wasn't planned and I have a 19 month old that makes this soooo hard. He was supposed to be our last. My husband is 36 and I know he was done after our last one lol

2.     +8   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 7/24/2017, 09:30 AM) 
    Okay, last post on this, I swear but it's always been so incomprehensible to me!

Tosh is more obscure than say, the nightly news, but at the time Jen and especially Don were *exactly* his target audience: smug, nerdy internet-loving 20somethings. The humiliation and degradation of the content could not have been much worse - Tosh literally suggests her husband shove a scepter up her a*s.

And this isn't just an embarrassment that happened once and just needed to be pushed through. She says her first and last name in the video. Reruns could pop up at any time humiliating them in front of a whole new group of people and it's forever available and searchable on the internet. It will literally NEVER go away.

This was a woman who needed "personal days" in order to "take a break and be gentle with herself" when her life of nothing BUT personal days got too overwhelming. But when something happens that would send even the most healthy of people into a tailspin, within approximately a week, she's back, calm, and confident with a simple, pithy soundbite on the matter. Jen is truly a world unto herself.

Here's the thing though. I think, ultimately, it DID send her into a tailspin. I think it's a part of the reason she stopped sharing and vlogging. Her initial "comeback" for Vlogtober immediately after the incident was probably nothing more than pride and hereditary stubbornness. She wanted to pretend like she stopped on her own terms rather than because she was humiliated on TV.

3.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Administrator

Status
    One of my mother's friends had her first kid when she was in her 20's.
    she had another in her 30's and thought it was hard because of the age.
    she later claimed it was hard because she already had one to worry about.
    She had another and only discovered it really late because she thought she had entered menopause.
    She was 45!
    she said that she wasn't sure if it was because she was pregnant for so long without knowing- lack of period and weight gain, she attributed it all to menopause - and the other half she spend it in utter shock and disbelief, but she claims this one was her easier pregnancy.

the baby was also very calm and content. she also said this was her easiest one. she believes it's because she had done it all. stressed about everything and with this baby, she finally realized that she should just let it be and enjoy the ride.

she claims she was extremely worried and naive and insecure in her 20's. it was easier body wise, but hard mentally.
    she was into deep in the life stuff in her 30's.

she claims 40's were a blessing to her. ( my mother also said she loved her 40's - I guess it depends on where you are in life, as always)

I can't imagine having a kid at 45, but she did it well and the kid is amazing- he's a teen now.
    And it kept her young, that is for sure.

this was all off topic, so....
    If she's pregnant, I feel she will be more relaxed. she knows she can do it, so I would expect fewer nerves this time around.

QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 7/24/2017, 04:03 PM) 
    Here's the thing though. I think, ultimately, it DID send her into a tailspin. I think it's a part of the reason she stopped sharing and vlogging. Her initial "comeback" for Vlogtober immediately after the incident was probably nothing more than pride and hereditary stubbornness. She wanted to pretend like she stopped on her own terms rather than because she was humiliated on TV.

Agree.
    we can see a clear difference.
    before, she just shared. everything.

Now she also shares more than she should - but thank god she does - but she hides a LOT.

before she believed the haters in the comments/forums were out of jealousy.
    But this was a tv show.

I am sure it rocked her to her core.

4.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    But she kept the vlog up!

5. Wasn't me

User deleted

Judith is Jen's aunt and Jill is her mom? Has she ever shown either in her videos?

6.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Judith is Jen's therapist and Jill is her mom. she's shown her mom in vlogs before

7.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Administrator

Status
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 7/24/2017, 04:08 PM) 
    But she kept the vlog up!

she did.
    she is stubborn and pride. Those seem to be stronger than shame.

8.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I'm sure Tosh put Jen in a tizzy! They consulted their lawyers and nothing could be done. Jen had her time to get over it, but more importantly she had plenty of time to practice the "perfect life" response we saw in the vlog.

9. Flossy Rossy
        +1   Like  

User deleted

New video!

Nordstrom haul.

10.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Flossy Rossy @ 7/24/2017, 06:01 PM) 
    New video!

Nordstrom haul.

ugh....bets on at least one Barefoot Dreams item?

oh nevermind, I thinks she's holding one in the thumbnail.... #predictablelikejen

Edited by DirtyMartini - 7/24/2017, 06:05 PM

11.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    First item! Barefoot Dreams throw. #notashopper

12.     +9   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    she said they are having basically the whole house repainted except the bedrooms!!! :celebrating-smiley-emoticon:

13. Flossy Rossy
        +3   Like  

User deleted

She shows us her thongs.
    :toothless-chuckle-smiley-emotic

14.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Good shot of the new floors:

IMG_3410