Status
    Anonymous
    Ah good to know. Thanks!!

2.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Any ideas on where to find cute, not too matronly elastic waist pants size 20 for my 60y/o mom? I was surprised Chicos and Lane Bryant didnt have anything.

Sent via ForumFree Mobile

3.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Have you tried Macys SWFLJ? :dunno:

Has anyone bought furniture from World Market? How's the quality etc?

4.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I haven't, thank you!

5.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (singlewhitefemalelikejen @ 13/11/2020, 20:01) 
    I haven't, thank you!

Try Lands End.

QUOTE (Gossip Rags @ 13/11/2020, 18:00) 
    Have you tried Macys SWFLJ? :dunno:

Has anyone bought furniture from World Market? How's the quality etc?

I bought a kitchen table set from there, kinda looks like the current Burnt Alder line but had X back wood chairs, and had it for 10 plus years. I ended up selling it when I bought new furniture for the new house and actually regret it. I miss that dang table and chairs. Best I have ever had. The quality was super.

6.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Wow, really?! I was expecting World Market's quality to be crap or not durable so this is a pleasant surprise. Sorry you miss your set though!

7.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I went to World Market & loved one of the pieces I had my eye on (the other one looked terrible in person, like I wouldn't have paid pennies for it at a yard sale), just seemed like the perfect size & that's hard to say when you're a shorty :running_around_smiley_emoticon:

8.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    SWFLJ about the stretchy pants for your mom. Look at womanwithin.com or roamans.com

9.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm looking to buy a Shun Premier bread knife and I found it on Amazon. I've heard some stories about knock-offs on Amazon and wondered how you can tell? It says it's being sold by Amazon.ca (not third party) so I think it's ok?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003B66YK...IK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

10.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I wouldn't buy anything of value or anything that's cosmetic or edible from Amazon. They have a problem with commingled inventory, which means authentic products get mixed with counterfeits, and that makes it possible for legitimate sellers to send counterfeits to you. People have received fake items even when the seller is Amazon.

11.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Thanks! I guess I best look for another source for it.

12.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anyone have any recommendations for brands or places to shop for a skinny tall guy? One of the kids I'm doing Christmas for is 6'6", he's 17 so I need more casual clothes. I know Old Navy does but I'm not a big fan of them. I'd appreciate any help.

13.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (dirtydarrylssidepiece @ 5/12/2020, 08:27) 
    Anyone have any recommendations for brands or places to shop for a skinny tall guy? One of the kids I'm doing Christmas for is 6'6", he's 17 so I need more casual clothes. I know Old Navy does but I'm not a big fan of them. I'd appreciate any help.

As a tall person advocating for tall people across the lands, I recommend asking him where he likes to shop for clothes. Then just get him a gift card so he can get what he actually likes, that fits. It rarely goes well when people buy me clothes. It's a nice gesture, but usually ends up as a return.

14.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    I kind of want to redo my kitchen storage and spice containers. This is something I tend to spin my wheels over. Can never decide what kind of containers I want, the size, how many in each size and on and on and on. I overthink it too. I hope to move in a year or two so I keep thinking...what if my choice doesn't end up suiting the new place? Ugh.

Anyway, some really cute selections on Amazon. And I can't decide which way to go.

I love these but at $23-$45 a piece, I don't think it's reasonable to have ALL THE THINGS stored in them. Plus, even though it says they're airtight, you gotta wonder. OMG I love them though :lol: So cute. Anyway maybe one in each size just for display?

Screen_Shot_2020-12-16_at_12

Screen_Shot_2020-12-16_at_1_0

These are cute as well and the mouth is wider. They're 2000 ml ($20/piece) so would be good for things like flour etc. Down side is they aren't stackable and these seem to be the only size available.

Screen_Shot_2020-12-16_at_1_1

Which leads me to what appears to be the most economical ($55/6 pieces), wide mouths, two reasonable sizes and stackable.

Screen_Shot_2020-12-16_at_2

For spices, I'm thinking of these. I like the 200 ml capacity. My current ones are from IKEA and they are 150 ml capacity so pretty comparable.

Screen_Shot020-12-16_at_3

Having typed this out, I'm thinking 6 piece storage containers are probably the way to go...they even match the spice jars. But I love the ones with the wooden ball so much too.

Would you mix and match?

What would you use the ones with wooden balls for?

What containers and spice jars do you use/like?

15.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Trash Plate @ 12/10/2020, 10:48 PM) 
    QUOTE (dirtydarrylssidepiece @ 5/12/2020, 08:27) 

As a tall person advocating for tall people across the lands, I recommend asking him where he likes to shop for clothes. Then just get him a gift card so he can get what he actually likes, that fits. It rarely goes well when people buy me clothes. It's a nice gesture, but usually ends up as a return.

I would do gift cards but with this situation I really can't. This family lives in a really rural area. Like an hour from the nearest town which is just a hundredish people, a couple gas stations and a cafe. It's an additional 2 hr drive to the nearest walmart/target (that's where I live near and we end up driving a couple hours to an actual city to do our big shopping). They don't have electricity so no computer or internet for him to even really do some online shopping. I honestly don't think this kid has had any new clothes post-puberty to even have a favorite place or know where to shop. Every time I've seen him he's in old sweats that are too short and flip flops. I think most of what he has is just from donations or hand me downs. It just makes me sad. I did find him a nice coat on Lands End and ordered jeans from old navy but I plan on getting him some more things in the future so still open to some suggestions.

236 replies since 14/7/2018, 23:13   9851 views