Being A Clueless Working Dog Mom With No Style Pt4

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I respect Di as a somewhat private person so I don’t want to psychoanalyse too much. But I will say I can understand her loss and heartbreak. Her girls are at a fun age but they are definitely growing up.

The bigger issue, as she identified, is that she didn’t see her grief coming and neither of them really discussed it head-on. I suspect they’ll learn from that in their relationship. But I hope Di also reflects and processes her individual grief with others, including a professional if she can. She’s at such a crossroads in her life (given her new years video too) that there’s probably a lot of processing to do.

2.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    My husband and I wanted to have 5 kids. We only were blessed with two. For the last several years (as we are getting older), we have had many discussions about him getting a vasectomy. Mainly due to the fact that we don’t want a whoops baby as our kids are entering their teen years. There is clearly some underlying issues in their marriage if they can’t seem to have honest discussions with each other. I personally don’t think you do anything major until both partners are completely comfortable with it.

3.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Oof. Both parents really need to be on board if there are going to be more kids. This kind of thing isn't something that is going to help other people. Reasons for not having more kids (or any) are so varied. You can work this out in couples therapy, not posting your side of the story to the internet.

4.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    It's odd that they didn't talk about it more before hand. Why she did not tell him how she felt. She kept saying she didn't want to start an argument. Just seems odd.

5.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Leilani1414 @ 1/17/2022, 04:41 PM) 
    It's odd that they didn't talk about it more before hand. Why she did not tell him how she felt. She kept saying she didn't want to start an argument. Just seems odd.

Ha, yeah the video Di made is basically like 'hot tip, talk about it before husband gets vascetomy'. Like no shit Di, thanks for that enlightenment. Really a very strange video to make, I think she just wanted to vent to a couple thousand people who would watch. She got a LOT of comments on that video, way more interaction than usual.

6.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I thought she was going to say he did it without her knowing, but no, she had a head's up. These two definitely need to work on communication.

7.     +1   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Well he obviously does not want more children and it should not be forced upon him. What’s odd is the girls will be 11 and 12 this year that’s a huge age difference. Let’s see if she got pregnant this year they would be 12 and 13 She mentioned in the comments that she feels her identity is wrapped up in motherhood. She still a mom whether she has more children or not.

8.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    She's even posting that she's hoping it didn't work, that it can be reversed, or that they could do IVF. Di, you're a little late to the party here. Before the procedure was the time to voice your opinion. Does she really think Dan's going to change his mind now? She says they are talking through it, but yikes. Dan apparently didn't know she felt this strongly about it. I think she needs to get over the idea of motherhood being wrapped up in the baby years. If Dan does reverse it and they have a third (or more) how is he going to feel about it down the road?

9.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I don’t think she even really wanted another child. You would think that would have already been a discussion years ago. But from experience there’s a weird moment where never being able to have a child again makes you want one for a minute even when you really don’t.

10.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I think she is trying to hint that because they moved so much, they didn’t add a third when the girls were younger. But now they are finally established. Not sure. Also I deep dove into her Instagram last night trying to figure out how old she is (38) and found a picture she posted from 2014/2015ish. It is her around 3 at Disney with her sister who looks to be at least 10 years older than her. So this age gap is “normal” to her.

11.     +3   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group
    Transitioning to shrimp because I still can't bare to look at it (aka land creatures).

Status
    Anonymous
    What a cluster F. I feel for her, I really do. It sucks when that door shuts, for anyone, regardless of if they feel done with kids or not.

But based on her comments and responses to people below the video, it really sounds like she wants to force him into having another kid and I am like NoooOOOOoooOOOoo. It totes sounds like she's trying to bully him into a 3rd now. I hope he tells her to back off and doesn't cave into the pressure. I have a sad feeling that they are going to end up with a 3rd kid and he's going to resent the hell out of her for forcing it on him. Isn't he a little older than her? She's got to be pushing 40 now right? I would hate to have to start over at the baby stage with two pre-teens already.

12.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I have a feeling you're right, VCM. She is going to get her way come hell or high water, regardless of Dan's feelings on the matter. And FFS, the guy has been honest. She said she hoped the vasectomy wasn't going to happen because he rescheduled it a couple of times. Maybe he had to reschedule an elective surgery in a pandemic, or maybe he was nervous about the procedure itself. She didn't say anything except Dan didn't pick up on her hints. Well, you stop hinting when the guy says he's getting snipped. I mean, that's serious. You're not fucking around when you're getting a scalpel near the family jewels.

13.     +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group
    Transitioning to shrimp because I still can't bare to look at it (aka land creatures).

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Lucky_Me @ 1/18/2022, 09:00 PM) 
    I have a feeling you're right, VCM. She is going to get her way come hell or high water, regardless of Dan's feelings on the matter. And FFS, the guy has been honest. She said she hoped the vasectomy wasn't going to happen because he rescheduled it a couple of times. Maybe he had to reschedule an elective surgery in a pandemic, or maybe he was nervous about the procedure itself. She didn't say anything except Dan didn't pick up on her hints. Well, you stop hinting when the guy says he's getting snipped. I mean, that's serious. You're not fucking around when you're getting a scalpel near the family jewels.

And in the comments she kept saying to people she hopes that his vasectomy didn't work. It's just such a shitty spot to be putting her husband in. I don't think she's in the wrong for her feelings of being upset and sad that a chapter has closed, but it sounds really shitty that she's hoping to convince him to get it reversed or hoping to get him on board with IVF. It kind of reminds me of their housing situation. He picked the house sight unseen to her and she hated it. And shortly after they moved. She gets what she wants and damn what anyone else thinks.

14.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I’m just curious what have they been doing for birth control before coming to this. Because of she was so hell bent on having a third, it could of happened before this.

15.     +4   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Ok so if you want another child and your husband is talking vasectomy that’s a very big difference . That’s when I would want to have a long sit down talk about it not casually hint at my feelings and hope for the best.

1010 replies since 19/9/2018, 13:09   141734 views