Dr. Dray Pt. 1

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Hobo Living @ 7/12/2021, 07:32 AM) 
    Hi Dray :goodbye_smiley_emoticon:

Come on, really? I made an account on here years ago. I've posted on tons of other threads. I think this is the first time I've posted on the Dr. Dray thread at all after years of being on this forum. Yet because I dare to have a differing opinion from you, you automatically assume I must be Dr. Dray? Absolutely ridiculous.

QUOTE (RogerSterling @ 7/12/2021, 08:16 AM) 
    Hobo Living was thinking the exact same thing. The consensus here is pretty clear. You're not going to suade anyone to your side of the argument, accept that we don't agree with you and move on.

So only people who agree with you are allowed to post? Well, you guys are just for censorship all around, aren't you? Last I checked there's no rule on this forum that every thread has to be an echo chamber. In fact rule 2 says that "Debate and discussion is welcome, flaming and trolling is not." (Accusing me of being Dr. Dray counts as the latter.)

2.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    lmao post whatever you want, just don't expect us to agree with you. people not agreeing with you is not censorship. you're free to say what you want as much as we're free to disagree with you.

Accusing you of being the person being gossiped about is absolutely NOT rule breaking. If it were, the website wouldn't exist. Because sad people like you come to defend these people like you either know them personally or are them. And we give you the grace of assuming you're not so sad that you went out of your way to defend a random youtuber that doesn't give a fuck about you. But apparently you are so... Sucks to be you.

3.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (RogerSterling @ 7/12/2021, 08:54 AM) 
    lmao post whatever you want, just don't expect us to agree with you. people not agreeing with you is not censorship. you're free to say what you want as much as we're free to disagree with you.

Well that's not what you were saying before. You were telling me to stop posting and "move on" because nobody agrees with me. Go back and read it. You're the one who said it, not me.

Accusing you of being the person being gossiped about is absolutely NOT rule breaking.

It absolutely is a form of trolling, especially when even a cursory glance at the person's post history would show that it's very unlikely they are the person being gossiped about.

Because sad people like you come to defend these people like you either know them personally or are them. And we give you the grace of assuming you're not so sad that you went out of your way to defend a random youtuber that doesn't give a fuck about you. But apparently you are so... Sucks to be you.

Apparently you didn't read any of my posts where I made it quite clear that this issue isn't just about Dr. Dray. It's about the patronizing way that mentally ill people are treated in general and the attitude towards her mental illness is just one example of it. This is an issue that I have felt very strongly about for a long time. So if I see an example of it, yes, I'm going to call it out.

I wouldn't even consider myself to be a fan of Dr. Dray. I watch her videos from time to time and check every few months or so to see if she's still alive. And I am one of those people who sees her as motivation to NOT fall into eating disordered patterns. Mostly I find her popularity interesting because she's so well-regarded among the skincare community despite the fact that her skin is literally gray from her eating disorder. But for you to state that I must be some sort of pathetic stalker superfan just because I don't think her entire channel should be deleted is simply untrue. Perhaps you could say that I'm a pathetic superfan of the concept of personal liberty -- that would be a much more accurate statement.

What's more pathetic, going out of your way to defend a stranger or going out of your way to trash a stranger?

4.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (RogerSterling @ 7/12/2021, 08:54 AM) 

Well that's not what you were saying before. You were telling me to stop posting and "move on" because nobody agrees with me. Go back and read it. You're the one who said it, not me.

Accusing you of being the person being gossiped about is absolutely NOT rule breaking.

Because sad people like you come to defend these people like you either know them personally or are them. And we give you the grace of assuming you're not so sad that you went out of your way to defend a random youtuber that doesn't give a fuck about you. But apparently you are so... Sucks to be you.
    [/QUOTE]
    Apparently you didn't read any of my posts where I made it quite clear that this issue isn't just about Dr. Dray. It's about the patronizing way that mentally ill people are treated in general and the attitude towards her mental illness is just one example of it. This is an issue that I have felt very strongly about for a long time. So if I see an example of it, yes, I'm going to call it out.

I wouldn't even consider myself to be a fan of Dr. Dray. I watch her videos from time to time and check every few months or so to see if she's still alive. And I am one of those people who sees her as motivation to NOT fall into eating disordered patterns. Mostly I find her popularity interesting because she's so well-regarded among the skincare community despite the fact that her skin is literally gray from her eating disorder. But for you to state that I must be some sort of pathetic stalker superfan just because I don't think her entire channel should be deleted is simply untrue. Perhaps you could say that I'm a pathetic superfan of the concept of personal liberty -- that would be a much more accurate statement.

What's more pathetic, going out of your way to defend a stranger or going out of your way to trash a stranger?
    [/QUOTE]
    Ya. Because you're a nuisance. That was the kind way of telling you to shut up. We're not trashing her, we're giving opinions on her channel/content. I'm not saying she looks like eugenia cooney meets a monchichi. Which she does. But these are absolutely valid observations about her channel. We're allowed to hate her as much as you are allowed to suck her asshole.

5.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    This thread doesn’t respect anyone’s opinions. I agree with shitshow Dray is fucking disgusting. I wrote that a few months back and was quickly reprimanded for expressing my opinion on her unattractiveness. I don’t think lurker1991 is Dray at all. But hey we all have opinions right? It’s too bad no one can respect anyone’s on this thread.

6.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I must say, however, that I wish her zero harm and I hope she gets better. But I cannot deny the fact that she grosses me out. Something about her. And I have a right to say it if I choose. I’m not singling her out due to her ED either. She could be a healthy weight or over weight and would still ignite a nausea feeling in me. She is gross to me. NOT sorry.

On another note she does appear to have gained a little bit of weight. Her arms don’t looks so frail. Good for her if she’s getting better.

28B6B8D0-5F9A-43B4-BF87-0D6C6385B954

7.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Her latest IG 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

The dancing 😆😆😆😆😆

8.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (RogerSterling @ 7/12/2021, 09:41 AM) 
    Ya. Because you're a nuisance. That was the kind way of telling you to shut up. We're not trashing her, we're giving opinions on her channel/content. I'm not saying she looks like eugenia cooney meets a monchichi. Which she does. But these are absolutely valid observations about her channel.

When did I ever say you're not allowed to express your opinion? You're the one who's telling me I'm not allowed to express my opinion. You're literally telling me to "shut up" and then in the next sentence accusing me of forcing you to shut up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARVO

We're allowed to hate her as much as you are allowed to suck her asshole.

What a charming person you are. Also, learn how to format a post properly.

9.     +5   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    This is a “trash Dr, Dray” thread whether some of you like it or not. Please take your arguments to the Let’s Talk it Out thread.

https://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net/?t=60359227

10.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (LateKate @ 7/13/2021, 04:47 AM) 
    This is a “trash Dr, Dray” thread whether some of you like it or not. Please take your arguments to the Let’s Talk it Out thread.

https://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net/?t=60359227

In that case the phrase "Debate and discussion is welcome" in the forum rules needs to be more clearly defined, if debate and discussion are actually not welcome.

11.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    New thread: https://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net/?t=62198099

940 replies since 12/2/2019, 23:54   517440 views