SwallowingAJaggedLittlePillLikeJen Pt. 116

« Older   Newer »

1.     +11   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    The Department of Redundancy Department. Repeatedly repeating.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (noelleaussi @ 1/12/2020, 12:26 AM) 
    Even though I think Don caused this and feel for Jen, I don't see why she should financially profit off their marriage. She never contributed or worked. Her Youtube earnings barely count compared to what Don paid for. I think spousal support for a limited time makes sense if a person with a career stayed home to care for kids. But that doesn't apply to Jen. She never worked even before them, by choice, so he didn't cause her inability to support herself now. It's not really that I feel bad to see Don lose his money. It's just the principle of it. I know the law disagrees. And of course I'm not talking about child support. I just think both adults should be responsible for supporting themselves and the kids, 50/50, in the longterm.

I don't think Don 'caused this'
    I think they both caused this.
    And I think because of that, the last 15+ years should just be split right down the middle and both should move on.
    Since both contributed to both marriage and dissolution of marriage.

Taking care of the children is a whole different matter.

And yes, Jen contributed to the marriage. Like it or not, she did.

Edited by YouGuysSlayMe - 1/12/2020, 12:48 AM

2.     +5   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I'm surprised at the announcement, but not very shocked. Don is an annoying thinks-he-knows-it-all, as evidenced by Jen's eye rolling at Disney, and his drunken vlogs. I feel mostly bad for the kids, but they're very young and have both sets of grandparents as support. Plus if there was fighting in the household, that could make any kid anxious.

3.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    There’s always the soup kitchen!

4.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    28% of his net income to pay for two children - that is a whole lot of money

5.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 12/1/2020, 00:39) 
    We might just get Utah Jen forever! No Don to cramp her style.

I hope we do.

6.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I'm curious, how much would Jen earn from YouTube? She has over 100K subscribers. Is it enough to live on, without going crazy spending?

7.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Rory0425 @ 1/12/2020, 12:43 AM) 
    I'm curious, how much would Jen earn from YouTube? She has over 100K subscribers. Is it enough to live on, without going crazy spending?

All she'd have to do is start accepting sponsorships and she'd be raking it in.

Her dear friends Kristina Braly and Anna Saccone could walk her through that, no problem.

8.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Bangle, he didn't insist she stay home. She talked about how she could've had a job and how she thinks being a secretary may have suited her because she likes filing, stuff like that. She just chose not to. He certainly let her, but he's not responsible for her lack of a career. I do think she can make more money with PNL and that she should. It would be good for her confidence and teach her to stand on her own two feet. And I don't think he should toss her out or leave her broke. Especially if he blindsided her or wrecked things. But in the end, she's going to profit in a huge way, maybe even be set for life if she's smart, from something she didn't contribute to, and that's just never made sense to me.

9.     +11   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Jen is smarter about some things than she lets on & has always been calculating.

There’s no way she filed for divorce w/o first having consulted an attorney & having all her ducks in a row.

Also, I think, in the Christmas Instagram pic of serial killer Don, besides looking like he hates Jen, he also looks ill-at-ease & like he’s trying to shrink into himself.

Weeks ago, I posted some quotes from Suzanne’s post at her Raven site. I think she found out about Don’s Tinder profile or maybe Jen came to the Rosses w/ proof of Don cheating. Suzanne was w/ Don when they were there for Halloween.

Either way, like someone else said, Don has the look of someone who is “at fault” & whose family is on his wife’s side, & Jen is very smug about that.

I just don’t think Jen was influenced enough by Glennnon Doyle to initiate a divorce on that alone. They’ve been unhappy for.a while, but I think divorce wasn’t a real option for Jen until Don did... something. She waited until she had the upper hand.

And it is interesting that Don is hardly ever alone w/ the kids. He may be more “natural” w/ kids because he can twirl CC or get down on the floor & wrestle w/ them, but I don’t think that makes him a better dad than Jen is a mother.

In his own way, he’s just as selfish as Jen. In the beginning, I think Jen, even while she was trying to make herself look like “super mom,” tried to showcase Don as a fun, loving dad - because it benefited her to make others think she was married to a man who was a great dad... all part of a status image.

Like a few others have said, I haven’t really seen anything that makes me think, “Wow... Don’s such a great dad!”

A good dad would have played along on Christmas morning & smiled for his kids instead of looking like he did.

10.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (noelleaussi @ 12/1/2020, 00:48) 
    Bangle, he didn't insist she stay home. She talked about how she could've had a job and how she thinks being a secretary may have suited her because she likes filing, stuff like that. She just chose not to. He certainly let her, but he's not responsible for her lack of a career. I do think she can make more money with PNL and that she should. It would be good for her confidence and teach her to stand on her own two feet. And I don't think he should toss her out or leave her broke. Especially if he blindsided her or wrecked things. But in the end, she's going to profit in a huge way, maybe even be set for life if she's smart, from something she didn't contribute to, and that's just never made sense to me.

She took very good care of him. 🤢 And listened to him prattle on about hating the poors.

11.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    How do you figure she didn't contribute?
    Are you talking strictly money?

12.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (YouGuysSlayMe @ 12/1/2020, 00:40) 
    QUOTE (noelleaussi @ 1/12/2020, 12:26 AM) 
    Even though I think Don caused this and feel for Jen, I don't see why she should financially profit off their marriage. She never contributed or worked. Her Youtube earnings barely count compared to what Don paid for. I think spousal support for a limited time makes sense if a person with a career stayed home to care for kids. But that doesn't apply to Jen. She never worked even before them, by choice, so he didn't cause her inability to support herself now. It's not really that I feel bad to see Don lose his money. It's just the principle of it. I know the law disagrees. And of course I'm not talking about child support. I just think both adults should be responsible for supporting themselves and the kids, 50/50, in the longterm.

I don't think Don 'caused this'
    I think they both caused this.
    And I think because of that, the last 15+ years should just be split right down the middle and both should move on.
    Since both contributed to both marriage and dissolution of marriage.

Taking care of the children is a whole different matter.

And yes, Jen contributed to the marriage. Like it or not, she did.

I said I think Don caused this because I have a theory about what happened. That's not to say only he contributed to the breakdown between them longterm, but I think he caused the split.

No, Jen did not contribute to their marriage financially, aside from maybe a few vacations. Don bought and paid for the house. Don financially supported her long before she had kids. Without Jen, Don could've still owned that house. With Don, Jen could not. I'm not disagreeing on her future earning power with PNL. She can and should turn it into a career. All the more reason he should not have to support her longterm. The kids, of course. They both should contribute to their care and financial needs.

13.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Yes but if he insisted on her being a sahw then he is accountable for stunting any possible earnings

14.     +38   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    An attorney would argue that because Jen stayed home &, before kids, managed the house & all the finances &, after the kids, has been the main caregiver of the kids, she has contributed to Don’s career in that her being at home has enabled to him to concentrate more fully on his career &, because he’s been able do to that, he increased his earnings.

I’m a stay-at-home mom, &, while I don’t contribute anything financially to our household, because I’m home, my husband has been able to concentrate on his career, work all kinds of hours, not take sick leave for kids’ doctor appts, etc. He’s earned more because I’ve been at home than he would have been able to had we both worked.

15.     +20   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SmoothiesLikeLily @ 12/1/2020, 00:57) 
    An attorney would argue that because Jen stayed home &, before kids, managed the house & all the finances &, after the kids, has been the main caregiver of the kids, she has contributed to Don’s career in that her being at home has enabled to him to concentrate more fully on his career &, because he’s been able do to that, he increased his earnings.

I’m a stay-at-home mom, &, while I don’t contribute anything financially to our household, because I’m home, my husband has been able to concentrate on his career, work all kinds of hours, not take sick leave for kids’ doctor appts, etc. He’s earned more because I’ve been at home than he would have been able to had we both worked.

Yes, this. It’s a partnership. Just because she’s not sitting behind nine monitors like Don doesn’t mean she didn’t contribute to the household. She did less than most, but still. She actually did more than some women I know in a similar position.

And again, Jen being in a worse financial position would affect the kids, and Don isn’t the type who would want that.

Edited by deltaburkefan - 1/12/2020, 01:03 AM

888 replies since 11/1/2020, 15:34   133091 views