SadlyNoLongerAvailableLikeTheRosses Pt. 118

« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (TheRedMinivan @ 14/1/2020, 05:33) 
    Something I never understood about their house - it has always looked (ok perhaps not recently with her new "minimalism") like a late middle aged woman decorated it. Apologies to anyone who takes offense - none meant, I just simply don't understand. WHERE did she get that shit from? Braided floor rugs?? Actual upholstered window treatments?? What the hell? Her house looks like what my current house used to look like when we bought it from a couple in their 70s who decorated it in 1997. She was in her mid/late twenties when she bought/decorated that house. I always just assumed that her mother/mother-in-law actually decorated, or had a heavy hand in providing "suggestions" and she just went with it.

She copied the Pottery Barn catalog and she has always had old lady tastes.

2.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I was so happy when I got an Ulta and Sephora where I live. Sadly, by then, she had scaled down on her hauls (shown).

I had a walking pharmacy. I also packed my carry-on like her on my first Disney trip. Now, I’ve learned less is totally more when you’re lugging crap through Orlando TSA. Just saying.

3.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Something I never understood about their house - it has always looked (ok perhaps not recently with her new "minimalism") like a late middle aged woman decorated it. Apologies to anyone who takes offense - none meant, I just simply don't understand. WHERE did she get that shit from? Braided floor rugs?? Actual upholstered window treatments?? What the hell? Her house looks like what my current house used to look like when we bought it from a couple in their 70s who decorated it in 1997. She was in her mid/late twenties when she bought/decorated that house. I always just assumed that her mother/mother-in-law actually decorated, or had a heavy hand in providing "suggestions" and she just went with it.

I always assumed that the window treatments were custom and so they came with the house from the previous owners. That front room always had such a funeral home vibe back in the day. I swear I could smell the formaldehyde through the screen.

4.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Anything Henri Bendel she has shown, to me looks like it belongs on a sweet old lady.

5.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 14/1/2020, 05:19) 
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 14/1/2020, 05:15) 
    I’ve never perceived them to be loaded. They have money, sure, but judging by their basic bitch outdated house and lifestyle...not my idea of loaded. I consider Amelia Liana (and family) to be loaded. Where I live, a 2 bedroom condo is easily over a million. Compared to that, their house with all that sq footage is cheap.

I get that. But it’s fully paid for and has been for awhile. Plus his whole save 30% of your income. So while they aren’t Kennedy rich, they aren’t hurting either. I’m sure his investment portfolio is substantial, especially in current market conditions.

Yes and it’s all about the COL area. Also, that house on a 1/4 acre is their “starter home” We see a lot of influencers that have been around as long as her significantly upgrade to something they really might not be able to afford.

6.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 14/1/2020, 03:39) 
    QUOTE (SingHo!toDons2ndWife @ 14/1/2020, 03:34) 
    I know absolutely nothing about Illinois alimony laws but... do you guys really think she’ll be able to live off Don for the rest of her life? I’m no Don fangirl but mother of your children or not, it would SUCK to have to pay for your ex for the rest of her days, no matter how much money you make.

Unless Don cheated... but I don’t think he did.

She’s got another 16-20 years of child support coming and rich parents who are currently in their mid 70s. I’d wager she’ll be just fine.

I know in California if you’ve been married more than 10 years, you can typically expect the same number of years of alimony as the marriage lasted or perhaps half the number of years if it can be shown you can get your income up on your own. So..... if he’s an ass, he could keep taking her back to court each time she hits a milestone number of subscribers & he feels her income has increased. She should be fine but her life will ultimately change unless she snags another wealthy guy.

7.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 1/13/2020, 11:15 PM) 
    I’ve never perceived them to be loaded. They have money, sure, but judging by their basic bitch outdated house and lifestyle...not my idea of loaded. I consider Amelia Liana (and family) to be loaded. Where I live, a 2 bedroom condo is easily over a million. Compared to that, their house with all that sq footage is cheap.

Obviously, there are a lot of people who have as much or more. Obviously, there are people who paid more for less. Obviously, lots of other people have finer things and better taste.

My point was....compared to the vast majority of the country, they are loaded. Compared to the vast majority of women who are divorced, she has NOTHING to worry about financially.

That's all.

QUOTE (NotAMelissa @ 1/13/2020, 11:39 PM) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 14/1/2020, 03:39) 
    She’s got another 16-20 years of child support coming and rich parents who are currently in their mid 70s. I’d wager she’ll be just fine.

I know in California if you’ve been married more than 10 years, you can typically expect the same number of years of alimony as the marriage lasted or perhaps half the number of years if it can be shown you can get your income up on your own. So..... if he’s an ass, he could keep taking her back to court each time she hits a milestone number of subscribers & he feels her income has increased. She should be fine but her life will ultimately change unless she snags another wealthy guy.

I doubt they will have that kind of divorce. I think they will make a settlement that won't be negotiable. It will have the "if's" already included in it (like if she remarries, etc)

8.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 1/14/2020, 05:36 AM) 

She copied the Pottery Barn catalog and she has always had old lady tastes.

Yes - PB for sure. I know she'd always been that way I just really don't get it. When I first started watching her back in 2010 I was SHOCKED to learn how young she was based on her house decor. I don't know why it bothered me so much, such a benign thing.

9.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (pillbilly @ 14/1/2020, 05:41) 
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 1/13/2020, 11:15 PM) 

Obviously, there are a lot of people who have as much or more. Obviously, there are people who paid more for less. Obviously, lots of other people have finer things and better taste.

My point was....compared to the vast majority of the country, they are loaded. Compared to the vast majority of women who are divorced, she has NOTHING to worry about financially.

That's all.

QUOTE (NotAMelissa @ 1/13/2020, 11:39 PM) 

I doubt they will have that kind of divorce. I think they will make a settlement that won't be negotiable. It will have the "if's" already included in it (like if she remarries, etc)

I still hope they get back together :wub:

10.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (OstracizedLikeJen @ 1/14/2020, 05:37 AM) 

I always assumed that the window treatments were custom and so they came with the house from the previous owners. That front room always had such a funeral home vibe back in the day. I swear I could smell the formaldehyde through the screen.

In my experience, sometimes the window treatments come with the house, sometimes they don't. Our previous owners took about half with them, and I know that my mother will take all of hers with her when my parents leave their house. It is entirely possible that they came with the house and if Jen didn't hate them, she may have left them. But given how much other shit she bought for that house (so much furniture), I'd be surprised if she didn't commission custom treatments for herself.

11.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BinThereOrganizedThat @ 14/1/2020, 05:26) 
    My new theory is Don’s new gf would work at the kid’s school. Jen would have to see her everyday.

Good theory but Jen wouldn’t have to see her because she already avoids any sort of involvement there!

12.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Splurgysplurge @ 14/1/2020, 04:57) 
    Oh my god I’m starting to worry too !!

I totally bought packing cubes because of her!

The packing cubes were how I found her, too!!!

13.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 14/1/2020, 05:38) 
    Anything Henri Bendel she has shown, to me looks like it belongs on a sweet old lady.

Seriously. Brown stripes? Hideous.

Compression packing cubes are the only ones I will acknowledge. Otherwise I don’t see the point of them at all.

14.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (OrganizedNotLikeJen @ 1/13/2020, 11:43 PM) 
    I still hope they get back together :wub:

LOL, I hate to burst your bubble but I think this ship has been sinking for a very long time and is beyond saving. I don't think this was an impulsive decision for either of them and there will be a divorce.

15.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    okay just a quick summary--
    I think she got a new therapist because she couldn't tell Judith about the fact that they were in a dominant and submissive relationship. Her old vlogs with her being like a 5 year old around Don were actually a form of foreplay or recording of their sex life. I think she was over it and wanted it to stop, but Don wanted to keep going--even without her. She needed the new therapist to talk about that aspect of her life, and is moving on.

893 replies since 14/1/2020, 03:08   106301 views