SadlyNoLongerAvailableLikeTheRosses Pt. 118

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (SpousalSupport @ 1/14/2020, 03:31 AM) 
    Actually, she’ll prob have all the things Jen had. Doting & worshipping seems to be his way of showing infatuation/love. And he won’t have the kids full time (I’m assuming) so he’ll have more time for that sort of thing.

I just had a story from Elle magazine come through my Twitter feed this past weekend that talked about "love bombing" and how it can often be a sign of coercive control in a relationship. Basically, love bombers use constant displays of affection in order to later exert dominance over the object of their attention. Maybe it's because they were top of mind with the divorce announcement this weekend, but it did make me think of the dynamic between Don and Jen.

2. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +20   Like  

User deleted

If one more creepy person asks to see the school's FB... :smashing_computer:

3.     +21   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I don't understand the debate surrounding their money :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

of course there are people who are way wealthier. I think we all know they're not billionaires and you can find much nicer houses in (insert whatever city here). have I ever looked at their house and thought "wow what an AMAZING house"? no - not at all. it's a nice house though that is just poorly decorated imo and has the ability to look more impressive than it does. it's not knock-your-socks-off incredible though of course

it's when you look at the big picture though that it's obvious they're not hurting and never will be. the cost of the house (paid off according to some of you), the multiple vacations a year (Disney vacation club members), the handyman, the cleaning lady, Jen's personal trainer, tuition for the kids school, and the biggest one...Jen's seemingly never ending shopping. yes she has shit taste and would often waste a lot of money on stupid crap from Target or Bath and Body Works or whatever but she was also dropping money on high end bags, wallets, etc for a while. she could decide one day that she was going to order new clothes from Nordstrom and stock up on her products from Sephora and spend more than some people make from an entire paycheck like it was nothing. she may be choosing to buy frumpy clothes or ugly décor or lame vacation destinations but the money is still there

4.     +6   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I really think Don likes his women young. I mean he really seemed to enjoy princess Jen and her baby voice. I’m sure with two young children she doesn’t have the energy to act like that anymore and that has a part to play

5. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +11   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (SippinTea @ 1/14/2020, 05:28 PM) 
    I really think Don likes his women young. I mean he really seemed to enjoy princess Jen and her baby voice. I’m sure with two young children she doesn’t have the energy to act like that anymore and that has a part to play

He definitely likes them to act dumb, so I could see him with someone younger whom he will perceive to be not as smart as him. Jen always made herself sound like an idiot when he was around. I hated it.

6.     +16   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Re: the money

Way back in the day on MHWL, she posted a PD shopping haul that was nuts. I think someone on GG added it up and it was way more than average people spend on their actual living expenses in a month.

They have plenty of money; she just chooses to spend it on tacky middle-America shit.

7.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I do agree with the above however a lot of people with old money can tend to not splash the cash which is probably how they’ve held onto it .
    It’s new money eg lottery winners that go all out with flash new cars and houses and many end up broke and more miserable than when they started and not knowing who likes them for their new found money and who likes them for themselves.
    From what I’ve gathered as a long time watcher is that both Jen and Don come from families that are relatively wealthy, it’s not a new concept for them, they probably don’t feel a great need to impress having said that they did like the finer things as in Jen’s bags and jewellery etc .
    I don’t think the lack spending is indicative of their over all wealth some rich people are downright misers and people are shocked when they realise how well off they are,
    I had two old aunts that are a prime example of this, they were both unmarried and they lived so frugally I remember telling my dad that he should help them out and he laughed which I thought was very callous as a child.

8.     +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (GossipGuiltyPleasure @ 14/1/2020, 16:51) 
    Did a little Jen re-watch and had some theories of my own I haven’t seen addressed here:
    I think they would of been happier in the long run with 1 child. I’ve witnessed this with my own eyes among friends/family in our circle who also had kids in their mid 30s. Although, for me personally even having ONE child would be a huge miracle for my husband and I.... I have come to terms with the fact (years ago) given our lifestyle and his career (as the major breadwinner) and my own personal sanity that a family of 3 is manageable for us. I think a lot of people especially the two of them who seem to have to need/want to fit in to certain stereotypes should of stopped at CC.

This. My marriage would not survive with a second child; my husband and I recognize this. He works too much to help and I also work. We had a LOT of rough patches until our son turned 2.

9.     +9   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 14/1/2020, 17:26) 
    If one more creepy person asks to see the school's FB... :smashing_computer:

This is why I wish if the school is going to post pictures of the kids they did so in a private group. I would be so uncomfortable with that.

10.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    There would only be one child now if CC would have been a boy...
    There had to be a Donald Keith Ross IV :rolleyes:

11.     +14   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    For $12k a year I am shocked that school can't hire someone to set up private webpages or photosharing accounts for the teachers to share pics throughout the day with parents. I've never seen another school post so many pictures publicly. It's weird.

12.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (xphiler4ever @ 1/14/2020, 11:43 AM) 
    For $12k a year I am shocked that school can't hire someone to set up private webpages or photosharing accounts for the teachers to share pics throughout the day with parents. I've never seen another school post so many pictures publicly. It's weird.

Or just take the Facebook page private.

13.     +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BadKneeLikeJen @ 1/14/2020, 05:05 PM) 
    Hopefully Don has enough money after the divorce for wife 2.0 to put up with spending weekends hearing about Emily’s autograph collection and Suzanne’s discussions about Rene Girard.

Emily’s autograph kit for Tim Allen was one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen.

I’m actually not sure anything Jen has done even compares to the autograph kit in weirdness.

I remember, at the time, thinking, “HOW on earth is Jen even listening to any of this w/ a straight face?”

Can you imagine Don’s new girlfriend meeting Emily & finding out about Tim Allen?

Wasn’t the trip to see Tim Allen also the trip where Jen stayed later & drove herself all around LA like it was no big deal? I remember being really impressed w/ that.

I’m really going to miss the Rosses & all their quirks.

14.     +13   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (SpousalSupport @ 14/1/2020, 16:30) 
    QUOTE (JENSEYEBROW @ 14/1/2020, 15:55) 
    Old Jen seemed so much happier. Kinda sad. I almost.feel bad for her.

I wasn’t able to rewatch Vlogidays this past time but I did watch Vlogust. The difference between that Jen & today’s Jen is just brutal. She was so happy with her life back then. Her personality has completely changed. Like you said, it’s almost enough to pity her. (Almost...kids don’t ask to come into this world, she should have dug her heels in & let what would happen happen).

That’s why it’s so important to stay true to who you are. Especially when it comes to something as big as having children. Her marriage ended anyway. Better for it to have ended with no kids. Now they’re stuck with each other for life with two innocent kids in the mix. Having them didn’t save her marriage.

15.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I disagree with that. They both came from two child boy/girl families and I think that’s what they were going for. She discussed it even before CC was born.

I also disagree with those who think that having Donny was an attempt to “save” their marriage. I don’t think that was so either. Their “plan” was to have a second child between two and three years after the first and they just stayed on course. She did say she was surprised that she got pregnant the first month and in retrospect would’ve like them spaced out a little bit more, but I think she thought it would take her a few months to get pregnant.

QUOTE (husbandontherun @ 14/1/2020, 17:39) 
    There would only be one child now if CC would have been a boy...
    There had to be a Donald Keith Ross IV :rolleyes:

893 replies since 14/1/2020, 03:08   106303 views