SadlyNoLongerAvailableLikeTheRosses Pt. 118

« Older   Newer »

1.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SeeminglySweetLikeJen @ 14/1/2020, 19:01) 
    QUOTE (NotAMelissa @ 14/1/2020, 19:00) 
    Am I making this up in my head or did Don at some point upgrade her engagement ring diamond? If he did, does anyone remember the timeframe?

Nope, same “a little over one carat” Tiffany solitaire with plain white gold band. I’m not sure when she got the second diamond band though...

10 year anniversary

2.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SeeminglySweetLikeJen @ 14/1/2020, 06:26) 
    QUOTE (LeftontheElfashelf @ 14/1/2020, 06:18) 
    Unnecessary shit that I picked up from Jen (That I'm keeping)
    Decorating seasonally...napkins included. (People think I'm crazy because it's so not a British thing to do)

Put stickers in my planner (I never even had a planner befor Jen 😭 what have I become?)

Have a ridiculous mug collection (tbf that could have happened without Jens influence)

Spend stupid amounts of money on shipping just to have B&bws candles (I am yet to buy a candle sleeve....but my heart still aches for one)

I was already on the vegan/zero waste earth mother wannabe vibe before finding Jen....her spending fucked up my Zero waste journey lol 🤣

I'm so easily influenced 🤣
    I was part of an online cult for a while.

But have you bought Davids Tea yet? I was trying to checkout today on the Davids Tea website but then I had to go do adult things and then my cart emptied itself. I make tea every night but I microwave my water like a redneck. Do I need an electronic kettle???

I bought the advent calendar last year and 95% of the tea was nasty. I can't say shes responsible for all the unnecessary crap I've purchased over the years because all of her hauls and little obsessions were all things other youtubers were already doing/buying, like elle Fowler, Lorraine stanick, etc. Anyone remember Lorraine? Still love Debbie.💗

3.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 14/1/2020, 16:58) 
    QUOTE (GossipGuiltyPleasure @ 1/14/2020, 09:51 AM) 
    I think also we overestimate Don’s income. I think it’s been proven that his parents have “old money” but until they are gone I don’t see how this benefited Don. His family money likely allowed him to graduate from school debt free- maybe his parents also paid for his first condo- and their connections gave him a “running start” as a young adult. Their house is not brag worthy at all in 2020... I live in Toronto and a (smaller) suburban homes easily are well over $2 million. Housing costs aside... I don’t believe every person who is wealthy needs to reside in some mansion and can happily live in smaller houses regardless of their means. Taking this into account this can be seen from the fine details of appliances (didn’t she have a broken fridge or stove for a long time?) ... furniture quality (and again you can put an IKEA couch in there for all I care but most people of means will keep their house up to date/modern) and not to mention the general upkeep of their home (including the exterior). Hiring someone to cut the grass and labelling them as a “gardener” is laughable (there’s teenagers in my area who do that). Where’s the meticulously landscaped backyard with an outdoor conversation set (couches) and modern fire pit?

I think Jen buys good quality stuff, she just has terrible taste, so it's all brown. Like those brand new leather club chairs. Hideous.
    They do have all those things in the backyard, but what's a conversation set without any friends to visit? Until the recent kitchen/floor change, their house was a time capsule for 2008.

I agree about the terrible taste. Given she likes to spend money on stupid shit like bins I don’t know why she wouldn’t hire someone or care to drop $$ on her home?

Re: conversation sets
    Don’t know why I referred to it as that... but like outdoor living couches/furniture (usually what stores refer to it as)
    **wouldnt let me insert a link /photo

4.     +25   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Everybody who thinks the Rosses don’t have real money, they finance a foundation that provides full-time jobs for several adults, including Jeff’s boyfriend, just so Suzanne can feel important and they can have the tax write off. 🤷‍♀️ No one in that family has taste, that’s all.

5.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I bought opi nail Polishes they were nice and I also started a kind of walking pharmacy for travel , And also sigma brushes also for travel some of her suggestions were good,
    I guess I got sucked in 😂😂😂

6.     +8   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 14/1/2020, 18:58) 
    QUOTE (SmoothiesLikeLily @ 1/14/2020, 05:47 PM) 
    Emily’s autograph kit for Tim Allen was one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen.

I’m actually not sure anything Jen has done even compares to the autograph kit in weirdness.

I remember, at the time, thinking, “HOW on earth is Jen even listening to any of this w/ a straight face?”

Can you imagine Don’s new girlfriend meeting Emily & finding out about Tim Allen?

Wasn’t the trip to see Tim Allen also the trip where Jen stayed later & drove herself all around LA like it was no big deal? I remember being really impressed w/ that.

I’m really going to miss the Rosses & all their quirks.

Emily is the very definition of a dork.

She also seems just as awkward as Jen only in a different way. The Melissa gatherings were like competitions on who could out-dork the other. :lol:

I remember when Emily made the menu for one of the NYE appetizer/ hour parties (I think Emily was pregnant so maybe 2012 or 2013) and the whole family was oohing and ahhing over how she cut out Xmas hollies and glued them on a paper and wrote the year in glitter

Jen fit right in
    They were all 5 or 3

7.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ShiseidoCottonPad @ 14/1/2020, 06:44) 
    Slightly off-topic- But wait a minute!! It just occurred to me: In her milk meltdown video, it seems plant-based diets are utterly new to her. She went to UMass in North Hampton. C'mon now. Did she walk around town inside a Minnie Mouse Costume? North Hampton, Ma, is as groovy, vegan as it gets. She makes zero sense.

I live in CT and accidentally stumbled into that town once...what a trip! I was vegan for many years and that town still creeped me out. It's got a cultish vibe.

8.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Had to come in here and say I love this thread title. So much.

9.     +9   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Splurgysplurge @ 14/1/2020, 19:21) 
    QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 14/1/2020, 18:58) 
    Emily is the very definition of a dork.

She also seems just as awkward as Jen only in a different way. The Melissa gatherings were like competitions on who could out-dork the other. :lol:

I remember when Emily made the menu for one of the NYE appetizer/ hour parties (I think Emily was pregnant so maybe 2012 or 2013) and the whole family was oohing and ahhing over how she cut out Xmas hollies and glued them on a paper and wrote the year in glitter

Jen fit right in
    They were all 5 or 3

They used to do a lot of preschool crafts and long before Grace could participate.

10.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    I always thought her engagement ring was small considering their bankroll.

11.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I still feel Suzanne is disappointed by the divorce, mainly at Don.

I think she really did/does love Jen and loved having her around. I fondly think back to Melissas LA trip and remember how excited Jen was for Don to get there.

I think the divorce will be good for Jen, she's not really a Ross and she needs to have her own identity.

12.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (pillbilly @ 1/14/2020, 04:49 AM) 
    If Jen were smart, she would turn this into an opportunity and really get serious about using her blog and YT platform to make a business.

There is a top organization blogger that goes to my church who makes a great living off of her blog, her husband left his job to work for her. They make a very nice living. Jen could easily do the same if she were motivated to do so. Time will tell if this makes or breaks her. It's literally up to her.

Right? I posted about this at the end of the last thread too. Another YouTuber, a mom with 2 kids, posted transparently about her YouTube earnings in 2019. She ended the year with 86k subs, and made 40k between AdSense (30k) and brand sponsorships (10k) in 2019. She explained that if she didn't have a full time job, she could make a lot more money by posting more often -and- taking on more brand sponsorships.

Jen has a huge back catalog of 686 videos that she can continue to make Ad Sense on too. Jen also has 177k subscribers. The other YouTuber made 30k in Adsense with her 83k subscribers and 454 videos in 2019.

Jen could easily clear 50k+ in Ad Sense in 2020, if she started posting consistently. And the real money is in the brand sponsorships. Of course this is a drop in the bucket compared to what Don makes ...

13.     +17   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The Rosses are wealthy. Not just well off, they are wealthy. I'd place their net worth well over 50M. And that's from what little is publicly available.
    There are public audit reports on their companies, and the net worth is substantial. Don easily clears over 1M salary a year.
    They do not overspend and do not flaunt their money. And have zero style or taste. But they are very wealthy.
    There are no financial issues, none that I could find anywhere mentioned in any portfolios or reports.

14.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Imhere4jen @ 14/1/2020, 19:24) 
    Had to come in here and say I love this thread title. So much.

15. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +10   Like  

User deleted

I watched an old vlog from 2013 this morning. She was talking about health issues yet she was absolutely elated because Don was out of town. Downright euphoric. She always always loved when he wasn't around.

893 replies since 14/1/2020, 03:08   106303 views