SadlyNoLongerAvailableLikeTheRosses Pt. 118

« Older   Newer »

1. Popppp

User deleted

QUOTE (DivorceShallCommence @ 1/14/2020, 12:23 PM) 
    QUOTE (ShiseidoCottonPad @ 14/1/2020, 06:44) 
    Slightly off-topic- But wait a minute!! It just occurred to me: In her milk meltdown video, it seems plant-based diets are utterly new to her. She went to UMass in North Hampton. C'mon now. Did she walk around town inside a Minnie Mouse Costume? North Hampton, Ma, is as groovy, vegan as it gets. She makes zero sense.

I live in CT and accidentally stumbled into that town once...what a trip! I was vegan for many years and that town still creeped me out. It's got a cultish vibe.

Isnt UMass in Amherst MA? I have driven around the campus there
    What is North Hampton?

2.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ineedapersonalday @ 14/1/2020, 19:29) 
    I think the divorce will be good for Jen, she's not really a Ross and she needs to have her own identity.

Which one? :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

3.     +9   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    It’ll be interesting to see Jen’s persona evolve post-Rosses. There has long been speculation that she got into things she did (eg running, Disney etc) due to Ross influence.

4.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I will admit I buy seasonal napkins and kitchen towels because of Jen. I miss the days when she would show her Target haul and there would be 4 kinds of mouthwash, 1 for Don and 3 different kids for her.

5. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Popppp @ 1/14/2020, 07:33 PM) 
    I live in CT and accidentally stumbled into that town once...what a trip! I was vegan for many years and that town still creeped me out. It's got a cultish vibe.

What is North Hampton?

I am from up north originally and never heard of it either (aside from Long Island, NY). It is one word apparently, and according to Wikipedia "Northampton is known as an academic, artistic, musical, and countercultural hub."

6.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Popppp @ 14/1/2020, 19:33) 

What is North Hampton?

Yes, it’s in Amherst. Smith is in Northampton. They are both part of the Five College Consortium.

7. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +4   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (IfYouWill @ 1/14/2020, 07:35 PM) 
    I will admit I buy seasonal napkins and kitchen towels because of Jen. I miss the days when she would show her Target haul and there would be 4 kinds of mouthwash, 1 for Don and 3 different kids for her.

I am watching one of those hauls now. It includes a lifetime supply of back up shampoo for the Utah house.

8.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 1/14/2020, 12:15 PM) 
    Everybody who thinks the Rosses don’t have real money, they finance a foundation that provides full-time jobs for several adults, including Jeff’s boyfriend, just so Suzanne can feel important and they can have the tax write off. 🤷‍♀️ No one in that family has taste, that’s all.

Jeff's boyfriend works for the foundation?? I found him through Jeff's Instagram and I am very surprised that he's the kind of the guy they'd want to hire. I don't know if it's technically a religious foundation but they certainly are religious. Based on his Instagram posts, I wouldn't think they'd want him involved. And vice versa.

9.     +9   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    There is a nice playlist on YT MyHousewifeLife-From the start , that plays all videos till 2013, if newbies want to catch up. I play it when I am cleaning of working around the house, it's a wonderful white noise.
    And now with the divorce, is like watching it anew.

10. Popppp
        +3   Like  

User deleted

Northampton is a townn -west of UMass-very cool town (Smith College there)!
    Lots of Historic Houses LOL

11.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 1/14/2020, 11:36 AM) 
    QUOTE (Popppp @ 1/14/2020, 07:33 PM) 
    What is North Hampton?

I am from up north originally and never heard of it either (aside from Long Island, NY). It is one word apparently, and according to Wikipedia "Northampton is known as an academic, artistic, musical, and countercultural hub."

I love Northampton, but to each his own. I have a lot of relatives who live there, and my uncle taught at Smith. Amherst is not too far (like 20 minutes away) but definitely Northampton has always been the hippy town. My uncle had a leather shop there in the 60s and then he became a bookbinder. Those western Mass colleges are all on the liberal side though, so she would have come in contact with vegans, but knowing her she never left her dorm room unless it was for class. My nephew went there about the same time Jen did, and there were 4 people in the Young Republicans. Hee hee.

12.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (marieandme @ 14/1/2020, 19:39) 
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 1/14/2020, 12:15 PM) 
    Everybody who thinks the Rosses don’t have real money, they finance a foundation that provides full-time jobs for several adults, including Jeff’s boyfriend, just so Suzanne can feel important and they can have the tax write off. 🤷‍♀️ No one in that family has taste, that’s all.

Jeff's boyfriend works for the foundation?? I found him through Jeff's Instagram and I am very surprised that he's the kind of the guy they'd want to hire. I don't know if it's technically a religious foundation but they certainly are religious. Based on his Instagram posts, I wouldn't think they'd want him involved. And vice versa.

The Raven Foundation is a progressive Christian organization for people who don’t feel like they have a place in traditional organized religion. I think I only looked at it once, but I don’t remember anything there that I found scandalous or whatever.

13.     +17   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I am not religious, but not all religious people are intolerant,homophobic trash.
    The Rosses are quite progressive.

14.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 14/1/2020, 19:54) 
    I am not religious, but not all religious people are intolerant,homophobic trash.
    The Rosses are quite progressive.

Yup, I went to Quaker school all my life, and our education was as progressive as you could possibly get.

The Rosses’ church is an LGBTQ-affirming church and they have a big banner on the front page.

Edited by deltaburkefan - 1/14/2020, 07:59 PM

15.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 14/1/2020, 19:32) 
    The Rosses are wealthy. Not just well off, they are wealthy. I'd place their net worth well over 50M. And that's from what little is publicly available.
    There are public audit reports on their companies, and the net worth is substantial. Don easily clears over 1M salary a year.
    They do not overspend and do not flaunt their money. And have zero style or taste. But they are very wealthy.
    There are no financial issues, none that I could find anywhere mentioned in any portfolios or reports.

I completely agree

893 replies since 14/1/2020, 03:08   106303 views