Do Don and Jen go to church?

2.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SippinTea @ 14/1/2020, 20:06) 

Some people think Don goes, but he has been clear that he is agnostic/atheist. CC and Donny were in the Christmas pageant, but they are not all over the website like Grace and Theo.

3.     +4   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Agreed. You don't spend that much on nursery school if you aren't wealthy.

QUOTE (Meow2 @ 1/14/2020, 05:26 PM) 
    I don't understand the debate surrounding their money :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

of course there are people who are way wealthier. I think we all know they're not billionaires and you can find much nicer houses in (insert whatever city here). have I ever looked at their house and thought "wow what an AMAZING house"? no - not at all. it's a nice house though that is just poorly decorated imo and has the ability to look more impressive than it does. it's not knock-your-socks-off incredible though of course

it's when you look at the big picture though that it's obvious they're not hurting and never will be. the cost of the house (paid off according to some of you), the multiple vacations a year (Disney vacation club members), the handyman, the cleaning lady, Jen's personal trainer, tuition for the kids school, and the biggest one...Jen's seemingly never ending shopping. yes she has shit taste and would often waste a lot of money on stupid crap from Target or Bath and Body Works or whatever but she was also dropping money on high end bags, wallets, etc for a while. she could decide one day that she was going to order new clothes from Nordstrom and stock up on her products from Sephora and spend more than some people make from an entire paycheck like it was nothing. she may be choosing to buy frumpy clothes or ugly décor or lame vacation destinations but the money is still there

4.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Popppp @ 14/1/2020, 19:33) 
    QUOTE (DivorceShallCommence @ 1/14/2020, 12:23 PM) 
    I live in CT and accidentally stumbled into that town once...what a trip! I was vegan for many years and that town still creeped me out. It's got a cultish vibe.

Isnt UMass in Amherst MA? I have driven around the campus there
    What is North Hampton?

Yes. It’s in Amherst. Smith College is in Northampton, about 15 minutes or so away. Northampton is more hippy dippy progressive. Umass is a city unto itself by comparison.

5.     +19   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous

They don't need to go to Church. Jen was pregnant with the Messiah.

6.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Where are people getting the idea that the Rosses are so religious … is it Utah? The weird foundation?

7.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Holidaydressofchoice @ 14/1/2020, 20:14) 

:hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh: :hearty-laugh:

8.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Jill2dot0 @ 14/1/2020, 20:14) 
    Where are people getting the idea that the Rosses are so religious … is it Utah? The weird foundation?

The Raven Foundation has rebranded itself to focus more on Christianity than mimetic theory. But just because Suzanne is religious doesn’t mean that she is a conservative evangelical. 🤷‍♀️

9.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Holidaydressofchoice @ 14/1/2020, 20:14) 

Winnie? 🐶

10.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Being financially responsible by ordering all the things online

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Rphme @ 14/1/2020, 19:29) 
    I always thought her engagement ring was small considering their bankroll.

But Jen's tiny fingers couldn't possibly fit a larger diamond. :strong_no_smiley_emoticon:

It's a platinum Tiffany solitaire bought retail. Don would have paid through the nose for it. And they were only 19-20 when they got engaged, 21 at most. It was an impressive ring for their age.

Although I've always been in the camp that they're not AS rich as some people think. But they're also not out trying to flaunt it either, most of their money would be tied up in investments given Don's previous statements about spend vs save.

QUOTE (faithful96 @ 14/1/2020, 20:11) 

Disagree on that. Basic daycare here (southern UK) runs about $15k per child at a minimum, higher cost for under 2s. Most working mothers I know are doing it for the social aspect, they have none of their net salary left afterwards. Just part of being in a high COL area.

Although for a half day program, 21k is steep. Assuming that's what they pay, I haven't bothered to look what the quoted cost is for. Typically fees listed on sites are for the full days IME.

QUOTE (PersonalityDisorderLikeJen @ 14/1/2020, 18:39) 
    Came to say hello :-) I've been a lurker since GG, but English is not my first language so I've always put off registering and joining in.

I've just rewatched the office tour and wow this amount od stuff would give anyone anxiety :-D I really really hope that one day she will watch 'The Minimalism' on Netflix, start her journey to owning less and purge it all :-D

This IS Jen nearly five years after discovering Marie Kondo.

I do want Tiny House Jen to exist though.

Edited by Living Life With Butter - 14/1/2020, 20:26

11.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    There’s a Don v Suzanne video out there where they talk about things. I think it’s on a Raven Foundation channel. You’ll get a good feel on where both stand.

12.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    That’s daycare. Jen and Emily are both SAHMs spending 21k a year x 2 for morning preschool. Well, Grace is actually in elementary school now, but still.

Daycare IS extremely expensive and that’s why many of my friends aren’t having kids. It just doesn’t work financially.

13.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    The Department of Redundancy Department. Repeatedly repeating.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 1/14/2020, 08:22 PM) 
    There’s a Don v Suzanne video out there where they talk about things. I think it’s on a Raven Foundation channel. You’ll get a good feel on where both stand.

It's on Don's Channel. Keep an eye on that Bazinga cup when you watch it:

14.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Jill2dot0 @ 1/14/2020, 08:14 PM) 

Watch the videos on Don's channel with his mother. She is clearly into religion.

EDIT: LOL, someone beat me to the punch

Edited by xphiler4ever - 1/14/2020, 08:27 PM

15.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Living Life With Butter @ 14/1/2020, 20:22) 
    QUOTE (Rphme @ 14/1/2020, 19:29) 
    I always thought her engagement ring was small considering their bankroll.

But Jen's tiny fingers couldn't possibly fit a larger diamond. :strong_no_smiley_emoticon:

It's a platinum Tiffany solitaire bought retail. Don would have paid through the nose for it. And they were only 19-20 when they got engaged, 21 at most. It was an impressive ring for their age.

Although I've always been in the camp that they're not AS rich as some people think. But they're also not out flaunting it either, most of their money would be tied up in investments.

QUOTE (faithful96 @ 14/1/2020, 20:11) 

Disagree on that. Basic daycare here (southern UK) runs about $15k per child at a minimum, higher cost for under 2s. Most working mothers I know are doing it for the social aspect, they have none of their net salary left afterwards. Just part of being in a high COL area.

Although for a half day program, 21k is steep. Assuming that's what they pay, I haven't bothered to look what the quoted cost is for. Typically fees listed on sites are for the full days IME.

QUOTE (PersonalityDisorderLikeJen @ 14/1/2020, 18:39) 
    Came to say hello :-) I've been a lurker since GG, but English is not my first language so I've always put off registering and joining in.

I've just rewatched the office tour and wow this amount od stuff would give anyone anxiety :-D I really really hope that one day she will watch 'The Minimalism' on Netflix, start her journey to owning less and purge it all :-D

This IS Jen nearly five years after discovering Marie Kondo.

I do want Tiny House Jen to exist though.

Tiny house Jen would have a 2000 sq ft storage building with freestanding Elfa and hundreds of bins. I want her to exist too though because it would be fun to watch!

893 replies since 14/1/2020, 03:08   106299 views