SadlyNoLongerAvailableLikeTheRosses Pt. 118

« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Suzanne, Don and CC totally share the same gene pool. No Poopsie or Jen genes in sight.

QUOTE (YouGuysSlayMe @ 14/1/2020, 20:26) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 1/14/2020, 08:22 PM) 
    There’s a Don v Suzanne video out there where they talk about things. I think it’s on a Raven Foundation channel. You’ll get a good feel on where both stand.

It's on Don's Channel. Keep an eye on that Bazinga cup when you watch it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyooRaNXz5Q

2.     +6   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Daycare is stupidly expensive. I don't live in a crazy part of the US and still, basic daycare is about $21k/year for 5 full days/week. Ours is open 7am-6pm M-F, but you can have your kid there as long or as short as necessary depending on your schedule. I work full time (as does my husband), so it works out for us. Every place around us (that is not someone operating out of their living room) is about that price, regardless of their educational affiliation (montessori, goddard, kinder care, etc.).

3.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 1/14/2020, 02:33 PM) 
    Suzanne, Don and CC totally share the same gene pool. No Poopsie or Jen genes in sight.

No, but Don talks like Poopsie. It's really weird.

4.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    At the runDisney finish line, waiting for Jen to tippy-tap by (Brooke finished ages ago)

Status
    Anonymous
    When I found Jen, I was paying off student loans and couldn’t afford most of the stuff she posted. The things I could afford, she was a latecomer to (eg tarte). I did go though a brief Lush phase, but I blame that more on ALBinWhisperland.

The one favorite I coveted was that beautiful $400 leather backpack she raved about, then we never saw again. Sigh.

I would love to see her to take on a minimalist persona next. But I would prefer anything over the current Mostly Plant-Based Earth Mama Martyr thing.

5.     +14   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Donny and CC do not go to daycare. They go for a few hours to a Montessori soup kitchen, for 42K a year.
    Daycare is a whole day program, up to 12 hrs. I am not sure if their school has such programs. If they do, it's more expensive.

6.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    As someone who also lives in a ridiculous COL area, I doubt everyone keeping up with the Joneses and spending two million on a condo:
    A) bought said property before 25
    B) only spends 1/3 of their income.

Don’s financial advice is very sound and I plan to implement it when I can. :P

7.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (YouGuysSlayMe @ 14/1/2020, 20:26) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 1/14/2020, 08:22 PM) 
    There’s a Don v Suzanne video out there where they talk about things. I think it’s on a Raven Foundation channel. You’ll get a good feel on where both stand.

It's on Don's Channel. Keep an eye on that Bazinga cup when you watch it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyooRaNXz5Q

I think Don enjoyed being on camera (on his own channel) and talking about controversial topics. Remember he was filming while Jen was also filming in Italy? He also seemed active in the comments/interacting with viewers. Maybe he’ll get bored with his single life and make a comeback!

8. Bunnsy
        +32   Like  

User deleted

You ladies have totally ruined me.

My 3 year old brought this home from preschool and I could only think of Jen.

:muffin_emoticon_pack_by_rezzle:
    Attached Image
    68888CF2-67C5-4D81-ACDE-507BCBDFBDD5

9.     +7   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 14/1/2020, 20:48) 
    As someone who also lives in a ridiculous COL area, I doubt everyone keeping up with the Joneses and spending two million on a condo:
    A) bought said property before 25
    B) only spends 1/3 of their income.

Don’s financial advice is very sound and I plan to implement it when I can. :P

I agree and also paid said 2 million dollar condo off at the age of 30. It’s stupid the amount of people in high COL areas who qualify for 30 year jumbo loans and also finance the down payment. Don/Jen are smart to live on far less than they make, but this point isn’t clear for the new or casual viewer of her content.

10. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +14   Like  

User deleted

I found Jen when I was also a stay at home wife with no kids. She triggered me to spend, hoard, and make ridiculous to-do lists where I'd write down time to eat. I never went so far as to schedule time to poop though. :lol:

I grew bored and started a blog and volunteered for a local non-profit organization.

Spending money, organizing, getting my nails done, and shopping was only fun for so long before it got unfulfilling and lonely.

I feel like she was slowly making herself insane.

11.     +7   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 1/14/2020, 06:46 PM) 
    QUOTE (MartiniMonday @ 14/1/2020, 18:31) 
    Since the divorce announcement, YouTube keeps suggesting her old videos to me. I’m a regular viewer. I found it interesting that in her 8th anniversary video, she tells Don that someone (Judith) asked her for a single word to describe each year of marriage. Don thought that was weird/excessive, until she explain it was Judith that asked. She refused to give one. She gave a word to describe their entire marriage: evolving. Does this mean she talked a lot about her marriage in her therapy, as far back as 2013? That’s what it sounds like to me.

I’m assuming Judith was trying to figure out what was causing all this never ending anxiety.

I honestly think the reason Jen dropped Judith like a bad habit is because Jen had decided to divorce Don and Judith wasn't validating that decision. I'm sure Judith wanted them to work on their relationship through counseling and not divorce.

It always seemed to me that Judith 100% validated all of Jen's quirks and ideas: her "social anxiety", making videos on You Tube, etc. Anything Jen wanted to do received Judith's approval, which kept that train firmly rolling on the track. As soon as Judith disagreed with a major life decision, she was replaced.

12.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Not That Emily @ 14/1/2020, 21:12) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 1/14/2020, 06:46 PM) 
    I’m assuming Judith was trying to figure out what was causing all this never ending anxiety.

I honestly think the reason Jen dropped Judith like a bad habit is because Jen had decided to divorce Don and Judith wasn't validating that decision. I'm sure Judith wanted them to work on their relationship through counseling and not divorce.

It always seemed to me that Judith 100% validated all of Jen's quirks and ideas: her "social anxiety", making videos on You Tube, etc. Anything Jen wanted to do received Judith's approval, which kept that train firmly rolling on the track. As soon as Judith disagreed with a major life decision, she was replaced.

Completely disagree (respectfully)

I think they went to marriage counseling. Obviously it didn’t work. But I think the “new” therapist was the counselor. She hasn’t mentioned it in awhile and now “call” is back on the weekly calendar. I think she’s back with Judith now.

13. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +7   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Not That Emily @ 1/14/2020, 09:12 PM) 

I think it is likely that Judith pointed out Jen's role in causing the marriage to fall apart and Jen didn't like what she heard.

I'm sure she wants everyone to think it was all Don's fault.

14.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Jen definitely wasn't going to be anything but the victim in all this. It's all Don's fault in her mind, no doubt about that.

15.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Counting all of my $$$$ while in the house that Don bought

Status
    Anonymous
    So at the risk of sounding ridiculous...
    Was it ever discussed that MHWL, PNL etc ever started as a Ross tax right off? That way Jen’s shopping addiction could be written off? Is it possible??

893 replies since 14/1/2020, 03:08   106299 views