2.     +6   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 1/13/2020, 09:19 PM)
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 14/1/2020, 03:17) 
    Someone already did that.

Perfect example. I read every.single.post and managed to miss that.

People always overlook me :cry:

QUOTE (OrganizedNotLikeJen @ 1/13/2020, 09:51 PM) 
    Sing ho link is not working on new to Jen's page

I fixed it

3.     +13   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm several pages behind, because, well...life. I wanted to add that I do not believe that Don cheated. But, what do I know? I was one of the last 2 holdouts with their butts stuck on the hayride, so there's that.

4.     +21   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I fell behind on the last thread and didn't get this posted over there, so now it's off topic, but whatever, but here goes:

I've followed Ali Edwards for even longer than I've followed Jen. For those who don't know her story, she married a longtime sweetheart, had two kids - one with special needs, the other came many years later - and when #2 was very young, her husband, a state senator, left her for another woman. She was of course devastated, but kept it very real and posted really honest reflections on being left, but also about her strong desire to manage her relationship with her ex and the kids' new stepmom. Several years ago, Ali met someone who also had kids from a previous marriage, and a few years after that, they had a stunning mid-week at-home wedding where the kids were the only guests present. Today, they have what seems to be a very admirable extended family relationship that quite frankly would make an amazing TV show - they all seem to genuinely like and respect each other, put the kids first, and make it work. I'm sure there was a lot of heartache to get where they are today, but the whole story really has a certain charm to it.

And I have no doubt that Jen is already wearing rose coloured glasses, imagining that her future life will be even more perfect than her past.

5.     +21   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Case in point to my last post......I was on the hayride til the very end. Even after Jen’s announcement I was still on the hayride rounding up the cats. I’m invisible here. 😭

6.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Sing Ho :running_around_smiley_emoticon:

7.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Regina Phalange @ 14/1/2020, 04:00) 
    QUOTE (SingHo!toDons2ndWife @ 14/1/2020, 03:34) 
    I know absolutely nothing about Illinois alimony laws but... do you guys really think she’ll be able to live off Don for the rest of her life? I’m no Don fangirl but mother of your children or not, it would SUCK to have to pay for your ex for the rest of her days, no matter how much money you make.

Unless Don cheated... but I don’t think he did.

Not sure about the laws there or if Don has a pension but my MIL got money from my FIL’s pension for a long time after their divorce/after their kids were 18. She may still be getting money from it for all I know.

Yep, same with my Dad’s gf, one of the reasons they never got married. Her ex was FBI, so not wealthy, but after the divorce, she got financial support, health insurance, etc, to raise the two kids. After they turned 18 and then he passed away, she got the remainder of his pension.

When my parents divorced, they owned 6 acres of land. The option was sell and split it or my Dad could buy my Mom out. I think he paid fair market value back then, so he gave my Mom like $40k. Now, 20 years later the property is worth over a million and my Dad owns it outright. My Mom still holds a grudge but she’s the one who left.

8.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (OrganizedNotLikeJen @ 1/14/2020, 03:26 AM) 
    QUOTE (KerryGold @ 14/1/2020, 03:23) 
    Damn girl! I needed that laugh today!

Really shitty day in my world and I just laughed so hard that I spit cheap red wine all over my Windows 7 (obsolete tomorrow) computer screen. Thanks so much! :7043:

I can't believe I started buying Kerry gold butter because of her fridge organization video :wacko:

Scary isn't it? The influence that she has!! LOL I bought all those damn Orla Kiely makeup bags!!

9.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 14/1/2020, 04:04) 
    I bet he's done stuff on the side with Poopsie that he's hidden from her

the only thing worse than picturing don having sex is picturing poopsie having sex. gross.

youtube earnings are kept private. it's against their contract to share what you make from youtube and can lead to you being banned from the service. sites like socialblade are only an estimate, and the only thing many youtubers will say is that it's largely inaccurate and that even the higher estimate is lower than their actual earnings.

the reason the mhwl and organizedlikejen videos stay up is because people still watch them - i'd wager that if she were to stop uploading on pnl completely, the payout from her old videos would still be pretty significant. i forget what the number is, a youtuber let it slip once, but if you have x number of views on a video that month, you continue to get paid for it, regardless of how old it is. unless don / the lawyer(s) ask her to take them down, they'll stay up.

to bring back a previous question, I thought that Laken's issue was simply that her videos didn't get enough views to pay out when she first signed up.

10.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 1/14/2020, 03:31 AM) 
    QUOTE (OrganizedNotLikeJen @ 14/1/2020, 03:26) 
    I can't believe I started buying Kerry gold butter because of her fridge organization video :wacko:

Kerry Gold butter is delicious. Don’t feel bad. I splurge on it too (mostly for baking).

It's the best!

11.     +10   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 1/14/2020, 04:14 AM) 
    I'm several pages behind, because, well...life. I wanted to add that I do not believe that Don cheated. But, what do I know? I was one of the last 2 holdouts with their butts stuck on the hayride, so there's that.

QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 1/14/2020, 04:17 AM) 
    Case in point to my last post......I was on the hayride til the very end. Even after Jen’s announcement I was still on the hayride rounding up the cats. I’m invisible here. 😭

:animated-smileys-hug-011: group hug

unfortunately the hayride burst into flames. luckily for us hayrides travel at a low rate of speed so we were able to hop out with the kitties. now we're playing in the park with kittens so all is well. those train people probably aren't having any fun anyway :P :D

12.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 1/14/2020, 03:38 AM) 
    QUOTE (bleucheese @ 1/13/2020, 06:32 PM) 
    kerrygold butter is sadly not available in my area in canada.

Fellow Canadian here, who tried KerryGold a few times.
    It's got nothing on our Lactancia or President's Choice, I assure you.

If you want something even better and also Canadian, try Stirling84. More fat content than KG and way more taste.

Actually my favorite is Somerdale, it's British.

Edited to add that I had to be truthful. I loved Kerry Gold, until I was at Central Market one day and they had Somerdale. YUM. But it's harder to find than Kerry Gold.

Edited by KerryGold - 1/14/2020, 04:37 AM

13.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (OrganizedNotLikeJen @ 1/14/2020, 03:26 AM) 
    QUOTE (KerryGold @ 14/1/2020, 03:23) 
    Damn girl! I needed that laugh today!

Really shitty day in my world and I just laughed so hard that I spit cheap red wine all over my Windows 7 (obsolete tomorrow) computer screen. Thanks so much! :7043:

It might be fun to start a list of all the Jen-inspired things we went out and bought. So embarrassing: I purchased two of those ugly brown and beige Reisenthel bins Jen uses to "corral" her packing supplies. Also, several Eagle Creek packing cubes. I have seen every packing video a minimum of four times. Probably 7 times for the tour of her travel supply closet (prior to the claundry conversion). Oy.

14.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 14/1/2020, 04:22) 
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 1/14/2020, 04:14 AM) 

QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 1/14/2020, 04:17 AM) 

:animated-smileys-hug-011: group hug

unfortunately the hayride burst into flames. luckily for us hayrides travel at a low rate of speed so we were able to hop out with the kitties. now we're playing in the park with kittens so all is well. those train people probably aren't having any fun anyway :P :D

I really wish they get back together....do they have reconciliation period in IL?...not sure if that's a thing even

15.     +9   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (OrganizedNotLikeJen @ 1/13/2020, 10:17 PM) 
    Sing Ho :running_around_smiley_emoticon:

SingNewHoLikeDon

893 replies since 14/1/2020, 03:08   106303 views