SadlyNoLongerAvailableLikeTheRosses Pt. 118

« Older   Newer »

1.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Browsing but not buying in the tacky earring section of Chico’s at strip mall on the sketchy side of town

Status
    8/13...I hope the cookies aren’t vegan

2.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Popppp @ 1/15/2020, 08:41 PM) 
    Some of those questions are hard
    I suck at dates
    Not doing it 😂😂

I am horrid at dates....7/13 for me...dang.

3.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Mrs. Nesbitt @ 1/15/2020, 09:09 PM) 
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 1/15/2020, 08:53 PM) 
    Don was the one who pulled for DVC.

Which makes me even more curious about the choice from an economic standpoint. Right now, points are $188 a piece and you need approximately 250-300 to have a decent length vacation. That's about a $50k investment and you're limited as to the length of time you have available. It's kind of an intangible asset. Maybe they got 500 points so it doesn't matter?

Whereas if you cough up the $2-3 million for a house in Golden Oak (which is on WDW property and offers residents all the same privileges as hotel guests and then some), you can fly down every weekend if you want, stay for a month, school vacation weeks, holidays, whatever. Rent it out to your friends. Then retire there.

If the estimates of the Ross' wealth are accurate, the $2-3 million for a second home wouldn't be a burden and real estate is usually a pretty good risk as an investment.

Although DVC isn't terrible. Mine's doubled in the ten years we've had it; if I sold it back to Disney today, I'd make out pretty well. But they'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead hand first.

You have to pay to maintain a house in Golden Oak and renting it is a hassle. Don's logic was probably that they always want to stay in villas/suites with 2-3 bedrooms and kitchens and the only way to guarantee getting those rooms on the monorail line or Boardwalk/Beach Club area is through DVC. Otherwise you at the mercy of whatever is available.

The cost to stay in those sort of rooms if you were to simply stay there not using points is insane so I'm sure it's "worth it" if you plan on going every year for the next 20 years. I just looked up a 2 bedroom suite at Bay Lake Tower during March and it's $1900 a night. I mean if you do that for 3 years in a row for a week, you've paid the cost of DVC.

4.     +11   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Why does Don have to travel all the time? What aspect of his business requires that and who is he meeting with?

5.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    The quiz was great. I got 9 right. I was excited but then I realized how much of my life has been spent watching her talk like a kid to her camera. 🤦🏻‍♀️

6.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    DVC is really good for international guests who like to visit more regularly, especially with a year ticket because all you need after is a good price on your flight and it works out so much cheaper,

7.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ineedapersonalday @ 15/1/2020, 19:24) 
    You ask and you shall receive!

www.allthetests.com/quiz37/quiz/15...ttyNeatQuizzing

Enjoy!

Yay, 9/13! :snickering:

Pretty good! You're at Donald levels, as prize you can be in the picture!

8.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (husbandontherun @ 15/1/2020, 21:30) 
    QUOTE (ineedapersonalday @ 15/1/2020, 19:24) 
    You ask and you shall receive!

www.allthetests.com/quiz37/quiz/15...ttyNeatQuizzing

Enjoy!

Yay, 9/13! :snickering:

Pretty good! You're at Donald levels, as prize you can be in the picture!

I got 9 too.

9.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I got 8/13. The dates killed me. I suck at remembering what years things happened. I hang my head that I know so much about Jen.

10.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    At the runDisney finish line, waiting for Jen to tippy-tap by (Brooke finished ages ago)

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 15/1/2020, 21:19) 
    Why does Don have to travel all the time? What aspect of his business requires that and who is he meeting with?

I wonder now if that was a lie to cover for the nights he didn’t stop by.

11.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Only 6 right on the test - another one here that is bad with dates. At least we get a cookie. It was still really fun.
    Can't wait for Jens next vlog. I can see us all intently listening for clues or bread crumbs. I have a feeling everything she says will be analyzed.

12.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (xphiler4ever @ 1/15/2020, 03:16 PM) 
    QUOTE (Mrs. Nesbitt @ 1/15/2020, 09:09 PM) 
    Which makes me even more curious about the choice from an economic standpoint. Right now, points are $188 a piece and you need approximately 250-300 to have a decent length vacation. That's about a $50k investment and you're limited as to the length of time you have available. It's kind of an intangible asset. Maybe they got 500 points so it doesn't matter?

Whereas if you cough up the $2-3 million for a house in Golden Oak (which is on WDW property and offers residents all the same privileges as hotel guests and then some), you can fly down every weekend if you want, stay for a month, school vacation weeks, holidays, whatever. Rent it out to your friends. Then retire there.

If the estimates of the Ross' wealth are accurate, the $2-3 million for a second home wouldn't be a burden and real estate is usually a pretty good risk as an investment.

Although DVC isn't terrible. Mine's doubled in the ten years we've had it; if I sold it back to Disney today, I'd make out pretty well. But they'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead hand first.

You have to pay to maintain a house in Golden Oak and renting it is a hassle. Don's logic was probably that they always want to stay in villas/suites with 2-3 bedrooms and kitchens and the only way to guarantee getting those rooms on the monorail line or Boardwalk/Beach Club area is through DVC. Otherwise you at the mercy of whatever is available.

The cost to stay in those sort of rooms if you were to simply stay there not using points is insane so I'm sure it's "worth it" if you plan on going every year for the next 20 years. I just looked up a 2 bedroom suite at Bay Lake Tower during March and it's $1900 a night. I mean if you do that for 3 years in a row for a week, you've paid the cost of DVC.

They're definitely about the location. Staying at the hotels nearest Epcot and the Magic Kingdom--and at Disneyland they do the Grand Californian, same deal. They don't ride the buses with the masses, I think, they like to drive or walk to the parks. And if you drive to the MK you have to do the whole parking lot thing and take the ferry/monorail, which is a bit of a time suck. So Bay Lake Tower was the closest they could get. Even though they go to Disney every year, Golden Oak is probably not worth it for a week's stay.

13.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    They really have 2 vacation homes, Utah & Disney, and they seem to prefer Utah so it makes sense to not go all out

14.     +12   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Maybe I'm just overly cranky today but...can we stop talking about Disneyworld now? Where you stay, prices, etc? There's a divorce happening people! Let's gossip about that.

15.     +10   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Stitcher @ 15/1/2020, 21:45) 
    Maybe I'm just overly cranky today but...can we stop talking about Disneyworld now? Where you stay, prices, etc? There's a divorce happening people! Let's gossip about that.

There is no new information on the divorce. Not even a running instastory. 🤷‍♀️

893 replies since 14/1/2020, 03:08   106299 views