HelpMeI'mPoorLikeJen Pt 120

« Older   Newer »

1. Wasn'tme
        +12   Like  

User deleted

My SIL always said that the majority of Trader Joe’s employees love working there. There is no shame in being employed in an honest job. Jen can get a job and take pride in whatever she does and so can anyone else.

(I just had a strong cocktail and need to sign off before I embarrass myself here.)

2. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +14   Like  

User deleted

Jen really screwed herself over by never having a real job. Look, I am a SAHM, but I worked a corporate job for 10 years. I have experience and things to list on my resume if I ever had to (or wanted to) go back to work. Yes, Don supported her lazy ass lifestyle, but ultimately Jen has no one else to blame but herself for being in this situation of trying to figure out how to support herself. I do not feel badly for her.

3.     +6   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Jen should be a party planner ... she likes micro managing and spending other people’s money .. it would be a great fit!

4.     +9   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 20/1/2020, 01:12) 
    Jen really screwed herself over by never having a real job. Look, I am a SAHM, but I worked a corporate job for 10 years. I have experience and things to list on my resume if I ever had to (or wanted to) go back to work. Yes, Don supported her lazy ass lifestyle, but ultimately Jen has no one else to blame but herself for being in this situation of trying to figure out how to support herself. I do not feel badly for her.

Again... Jen didn’t take youtube as seriously as other people because she didn’t have to, but really what she has accomplished is nothing to sneeze at. We’re on the 120th thread of the second board formed to discuss her channel. She could easily parlay that into either something else related or into actually taking her channel seriously. I think she is actually in a better position than if she had worked a regular job before kids, tbh. And she is a SAHM too even if she sends them to the soup kitchen.

Edited by deltaburkefan - 1/20/2020, 01:36 AM

5. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +25   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (SilentL @ 1/20/2020, 01:15 AM) 
    Jen should be a party planner ... she likes micro managing and spending other people’s money .. it would be a great fit!

She likes planning, but she would absolutely suck at throwing a decent party. No one wants to go to a party where they are told they need to eat spinach squares at 7:05 pm, vegan dip at 7:12 pm, and tasty treats at 7:20 pm while gathering around her father singing his version of opera to the crowd. I'd rather spend my birthday at the DMV.

6.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 20/1/2020, 01:17) 

She likes planning, but she would absolutely suck at throwing a decent party. No one wants to go to a party where they are told they need to eat spinach squares at 7:05 pm, vegan dip at 7:12 pm, and tasty treats at 7:20 pm while gathering around her father singing his version of opera to the crowd. I'd rather spend my birthday at the DMV.

Isn’t that an Emily party?

7.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    The Department of Redundancy Department. Repeatedly repeating.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 1/20/2020, 01:17 AM) 

That's a Melissa party, not a Jen party.

8.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I wouldn’t worry about Jen she has enough wrapping paper to sell that should keep her going for a while and countless planners , now if we see her planning on one of CC’s exercise books it’s time to panic 😂

9.     +5   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 20/1/2020, 01:17) 

Lol .... ok.ok .. nursing home party planner 😂😂

10. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +5   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (YouGuysSlayMe @ 1/20/2020, 01:21 AM) 
    QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 1/20/2020, 01:17 AM) 

Fair enough, but Jen's parties aren't a barrel of laughs either. :lol:

11.     +27   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen doesn't like planning. She likes writing stuff down in her planners after they happened. She likes scrapbooking/memory keeping.

12.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 19/1/2020, 12:37) 
    Jen also recommended some gloves and slippers (both for men) in years past (obvi), and I got both for my husband. He LOVED them. If she likes something, it is usually good. I will give that to her. She should really leverage that if she wants to make money.

My husband loved the slippers too. I used cord clips before Jen and we love those too. If she reccommends something, it's usually good, but I will say that a lot of the items she reccommends are always usually something other influencers had already been talking about. Like TiffanyD🤷🏻

13.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 20/1/2020, 01:25) 
    QUOTE (YouGuysSlayMe @ 1/20/2020, 01:21 AM) 

Fair enough, but Jen's parties aren't a barrel of laughs either. :lol:

She wouldn’t know what to plan for guests after ten o’clock 🕙

14.     +22   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Whatever she gets into can’t be anything where time is of the essence.

Imagine Jen the bomb diffuser “I know some people cut the black wire and that works for them but it might not be what works for me in this season of life. In my twenties I might have been a black wire cutter, I wasn’t, not that there anything wrong with tha...” BOOM

15.     +13   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (TastyTreats @ 1/19/2020, 11:51 PM) 
    QUOTE (TheresaGreen @ 1/19/2020, 08:32 PM) 

For anyone who thinks Jen wasn't a good Mom, or just wanted her pampered lifestyle back watch this video. She does all the Mom things pretty well I think.

I think she slacked off "taking very good care of Don" and decided they suddenly had too many differences. I think he screwed up in some major way like cheating or angry drunken outbursts when they argued.

Idk...I watched the entire vlog and nothing stood out to me as anything above and beyond.
    She seemed frazzled, annoyed, and possibly resentful that she couldn't run to Starbucks for a "medicine ball".
    I think she does all the mom things because she literally has no choice. She is stuck at home with them and is a slave to their needs, wants, and schedules.
    I think Jen is miserable, and suspect that rather than any major indiscretion on Don's part.
    Agree that he may have felt neglected because her focus moved on to the kids, but I also think she is resentful that she is no longer the "baby" and the center of the Young Ross household.

907 replies since 18/1/2020, 04:54   117434 views