« Older   Newer »

1.     +11   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    Thanks guys. They really pissed me off with that approach. They are horrible, horrible parents

2.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Poopsie @ 15/2/2020, 18:15) 
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 2/15/2020, 06:10 PM) 
    Jen & Don (because he isn’t blameless) waiting until CC asked about Don sets a horrible precedent for life. She will likely always wonder if her own parents are keeping secrets from her. Children don’t understand adult decisions and make up all kinds of fantasies for things like that—did daddy move out because I was a bad girl? That was a horrible decision for them to handle it like that!

I thought the exact same thing.
    It was a lie of omission.
    And children aren't stupid. CC won't trust her parents 100% ever again.
    I wonder whose loony tune idea it was to approach it this way - Suzanne? Jen?
    I don't see Don (Mr. "I welcome confrontation") to shy away from an honest and direct conversation with CC.
    If she is as "perceptive" as Jen insists, I am sure she realizes the wool was pulled over her eyes.
    Also, since it seems like Jen is the primary custodial parent, or at least the primary residence, I can see where CC would put more of the blame on Jen for keeping this from her, and rightfully so! A betrayal that could have ramifications far into her formative years.
    Paging Dr. Freud!

Agree.
    It cannot have been don’s idea.
    Can you imagine leaving your house and kids without explanation or even saying goodbye basically? That is the saddest thing I’ve ever heard.

3.     +24   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I think Suzanne said something supportive in the moment like "we will always love you and you are always welcome" to be nice and Jen then took it the next level in her crazy brain.

4.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Meow
    If there are any couples you think might be on the brink I’ll take a look 😁😉
    Still can’t believe where this journey has taken us.

5.     +5   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Well, I would have nominated Amelia and Rob except he called it off 4 months before the wedding. So there’s that.

6.     +9   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 15/2/2020, 19:32) 
    IgnoringLifeUntilCharlotteAsksLikeJen

RewritingValentinesDayLikeJen

My vote is for
    IgnoringLifeUntilCharlotteAsksLikeJen

7.     +12   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Todolovethebaby2 @ 15/2/2020, 19:47) 
    QUOTE (Poopsie @ 15/2/2020, 18:15) 
    I thought the exact same thing.
    It was a lie of omission.
    And children aren't stupid. CC won't trust her parents 100% ever again.
    I wonder whose loony tune idea it was to approach it this way - Suzanne? Jen?
    I don't see Don (Mr. "I welcome confrontation") to shy away from an honest and direct conversation with CC.
    If she is as "perceptive" as Jen insists, I am sure she realizes the wool was pulled over her eyes.
    Also, since it seems like Jen is the primary custodial parent, or at least the primary residence, I can see where CC would put more of the blame on Jen for keeping this from her, and rightfully so! A betrayal that could have ramifications far into her formative years.
    Paging Dr. Freud!

Agree.
    It cannot have been don’s idea.
    Can you imagine leaving your house and kids without explanation or even saying goodbye basically? That is the saddest thing I’ve ever heard.

I don’t care who’s idea it was. He still did it. They are his kids too. If he thought it was a bad idea, he didn’t have to go along with it. But he did.

So anytime anyone feels bad for Poor Don at some point (myself included), just remember this: he moved out on his kids without telling them.

8.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 15/2/2020, 19:41) 
    Thanks guys. They really pissed me off with that approach. They are horrible, horrible parents

Wouldn’t parents know their children by now? I could be wrong, I only know a couple kids CC age, but they are scary smart and I know they would notice a change like this instantly. And they aren’t even my kids so basically she isn’t in tune with her kids, shocker.

9.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Don is an asshole, yes. I am sure Jen genuinely feels relieved that he’s gone. I don’t blame her for that. But that doesn’t mean she isn’t an asshole too. She said specifically that they thought this through and decided together not to tell their kid what was happening. If she were Donny’s age, that would be more understandable. But Charlotte sees things she doesn’t understand. Don’t leave her wondering where the fuck her father is. Such a cowardly thing to do.

10.     +15   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    she was so proud telling that story too. we both decided he'd just move out and we wouldn't mention it

:5153:

11.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    That begs the question...how late did he actually work lately that he would see them so seldom they wouldn’t notice??? One of the narratives we were given is that Daddy did bath time. If he still did, I’d think it wouldn’t have taken long for C to ask where Daddy was.

12.     +7   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Lucky_Me @ 15/2/2020, 20:29) 
    Don is an asshole, yes. I am sure Jen genuinely feels relieved that he’s gone. I don’t blame her for that. But that doesn’t mean she isn’t an asshole too. She said specifically that they thought this through and decided together not to tell their kid what was happening. If she were Donny’s age, that would be more understandable. But Charlotte sees things she doesn’t understand. Don’t leave her wondering where the fuck her father is. Such a cowardly thing to do.

Believe me, I’m not absolving her. I absolutely think this was her idea. I just don’t want the sole blame on her. They both did it.

That poor, poor child. I hope to God that Charlotte never finds her social media when she’s a bit older. And CC, if this board is still around and you read this, you are not to blame and you can overcome their horrible parenting. Money can’t buy love. Love yourself (in a real way, not like Mommy does).

13.     +9   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    The Department of Redundancy Department. Repeatedly repeating.

Status
    Anonymous
    Can't say that I'm unhappy that the "Don is such a great dad" narrative is beginning to die.

They are both equally shitty parents.

14.     +7   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    One last thing, since I’m liking lots of posts: I think Jen blew up her marriage and Don left her in the dust, if that makes sense.

YGSM: I think Don is a superficial fun Dad. But they are both f*cking up royally with emotional support to their kids.

15.     +8   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Jen is going to have to handle so many teenager problems LOL. She is just not a parent.

904 replies since 12/2/2020, 18:16   124566 views