SheBrokeHerMugAndShe’sStillFugLikeJen Pt. 134

« Older   Newer »

1.     +7   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think I said it before. But when I divorced my ex, we still got together. We had a “good “ divorce I was/am still good friends with his sisters. His parents have both since died. My husband and ex are friendly. It can be done. My kids are now grownups and I don’t see them as often. But my son was coming back to the states this month and we were having a big get together. Not everyone has to be enemies when they divorce. Not everyone has to hate their in-laws. That I will never get. Maybe I was just fortunate I had 2 great mother in laws. Although I will admit my husband has a bitch of a sister but her own family feels that way about. I just ignore her.

2.     +6   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Has she actually said she’s going to Utah with the fam though? I was thinking she has something in her settlement that entitled her to use the house for so many weeks in a year. Alone. Preferably sans kids.

Also, has she actually said the kids don’t stay overnight with Don on weekends? I don’t give too many shits about this (and don’t pay attention to her 1987 planners) so I might have missed it. Or is it speculation?

3.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SwimmingLeggings @ 4/4/2020, 14:34) 
    QUOTE (Deadeyeslikejen @ 4/4/2020, 04:00) 
    She refuses to learn how to make her own mask. She wants to buy one so she can support small businesses.

Because, Jen must make things hard and spend money.

She says her hobby is crafts
    She has a whole room dedicated to crafts
    She spends a lot of money buying craft supplies

The time comes when she can finally put that to use and she wants to buy it ?

Some bloggers that are not even “crafters „ are doing more and donating them. Not precious Jen, she is too busy loving her little ones 😍 (herself)

It’s where she procrastinates. And quite frankly she has turned that into a craft.

She also does her first few days of December daily

4.     +14   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Marriage is over, but still wearing my eternity band because - TIFFANY!!

Status
    I don't think you have to hate in-laws either or be enemies when divorces happen.

But I find the lack of boundaries in the Utah (and maybe even Disney?) situation kind of odd.

Having a get-together and inviting both sides of a split family is one thing - say for a kid's birthday or some other celebration that would involve both sides.

How's that gonna go in Utah? Will Jen and the kids hole up in the basement? Will Don acquiesce and bunk in with Farmer Jeff?
    I can't see Jen and Don bunking up together.
    And just how awkward it would be to vacation together like you did when you were married and happy?
    I don't think that's what's gonna happen.
    She'll go to Utah, sure....but Don won't be there. The Rosses might not be either.
    I'm torn on the kids tho...Jen sure does love her alone time in Utah with just Winne. But she doesn't seem the type to leave the kids with Don for any substantial length of time, even if Don stayed at the house with them. And they aren't even allowed to sleep over at his place yet.

I don't care how amiable Jen feels about the situation...there was enough friction in the marriage to split up over. I don't think it's healthy for ANY of them to go on like they used to when Jen and Don were married (that's just my opinion) - even if things are "friendly" between them. I highly doubt all this has been as amicable as Jen would like everyone to believe. She stretches the truth and changes her narrative to make sure she appears to have it all together and that her life looks more charmed and perfect than anyone else's.
    No wonder she's stressed - trying to keep all that up.

This, to me, reinforces that sweet Donald left her. She's trying to grasp at straws to keep her old life together.
    Yes- we will still vacation as a family

5.     +24   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Jen is in La-la land about Utah because nothing has changed yet. Once Don has a new wife and new kids; her tune will change.

6.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I'm thinking Utah time is part of the settlement.

7.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (gardenhoe @ 4/4/2020, 05:52 AM) 
    In last thread, it was mentioned to someone who asked for a recap of last month that Dons bachelor pad was discovered. What? Can you direct me to this discussion or give info? Where is he living? How was it found out?

Have pmed you the link to Zillow with the photos of the rental

8.     +28   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I don’t doubt that divorces can be amicable and ex partners can behave civil on get togethers.

BUT: this is Jen. The woman that ON CAMERA told the world that she was thinking about divorce for years (while the oldest of her TWO! kids is just 4), the woman that also told the world that the important factor in a possible new partner would be honesty, the woman that after the divorce announcement insinuated that she just left a possibly violent relationship and flooded the internet with shit quotes about being strong and not letting herself be oppressed by others any longer.

Honestly, if she was my soon to be ex family member: even if I had a great relationship with her before that, I would be pissed by now...

9.     +4   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 4/4/2020, 10:19 AM)
    Has she actually said she’s going to Utah with the fam though? I was thinking she has something in her settlement that entitled her to use the house for so many weeks in a year. Alone. Preferably sans kids.

Also, has she actually said the kids don’t stay overnight with Don on weekends? I don’t give too many shits about this (and don’t pay attention to her 1987 planners) so I might have missed it. Or is it speculation?

Yeah, I'm thinking along the same lines--I don't think she will go with the Rosses. I think she will find a rental in Utah all on her own & still go out there to vacation. Her parents would probably like to visit more often. Maybe in Park City or somewhere near by, but I don't think she'll be bunking in the loftice. At least not once Donny gets a bit older. She can use him as an excuse for a few more years to tag along; he's still really young.

Nope, the kids do not stay overnight with Don. He visits in the mornings & evenings during the week and nothing has changed on that front.

10.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ooooooolikejen @ 4/4/2020, 11:29 AM) 
    I don't think you have to hate in-laws either or be enemies when divorces happen.

But I find the lack of boundaries in the Utah (and maybe even Disney?) situation kind of odd.

Having a get-together and inviting both sides of a split family is one thing - say for a kid's birthday or some other celebration that would involve both sides.

How's that gonna go in Utah? Will Jen and the kids hole up in the basement? Will Don acquiesce and bunk in with Farmer Jeff?
    I can't see Jen and Don bunking up together.
    And just how awkward it would be to vacation together like you did when you were married and happy?
    I don't think that's what's gonna happen.
    She'll go to Utah, sure....but Don won't be there. The Rosses might not be either.
    I'm torn on the kids tho...Jen sure does love her alone time in Utah with just Winne. But she doesn't seem the type to leave the kids with Don for any substantial length of time, even if Don stayed at the house with them. And they aren't even allowed to sleep over at his place yet.

I don't care how amiable Jen feels about the situation...there was enough friction in the marriage to split up over. I don't think it's healthy for ANY of them to go on like they used to when Jen and Don were married (that's just my opinion) - even if things are "friendly" between them. I highly doubt all this has been as amicable as Jen would like everyone to believe. She stretches the truth and changes her narrative to make sure she appears to have it all together and that her life looks more charmed and perfect than anyone else's.
    No wonder she's stressed - trying to keep all that up.

This, to me, reinforces that sweet Donald left her. She's trying to grasp at straws to keep her old life together.
    Yes- we will still vacation as a family

I agree, it’s about boundaries. It may be okay while Jen and Don are unattached romantically, but in the future things could get weird. It is a huge house, though, and many extended family members stay there. So who knows?

11.     +20   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think it’s just her being controlling. I don’t think she wants Don to take the kids out to Utah solo. Between Don and Suzanne and everyone else, there is no reason that she has to be there.

It will all change when Don gets a serious girlfriend. Don will tell her to get lost.

12.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    The rental estimate on Don's pad is $2200 per month. It's almost 1300sqft

13.     +26   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Whatever the arrangement now, if Don gets remarried (which I'm convinced he will) it would be weird for Jen to continue vacationing with his parents.

I think statements like 'yes of course we will still go to Utah!' are Jen being in denial about how she's thrown the baby out with the bath water by divorcing Don. Her life HAS to change otherwise what exactly is the point of divorcing? And much of her previous annual events and routines were tied up with his family. She can't have everything that she liked about her old life after dumping him, it doesn't work that way.

14.     +29   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Notice how Jill & Gravy are her whole world now that Suze & Poops are gone? She's a fair-weather friend to her own family! She's still going to gush on & on about her love for her dear loved ones, but it's not the same people she meant before, lol

15.     +19   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Jen going to Utah just fits in with Jen's 'having her cake and eating it too' divorce
    She manifested this because she wanted more ME TIME and whatever else her demi god Glennon Doyle whispered in her ear during her baths
    and she thinks she can just be normal, except not be beholden to Don
    But we all know that won't last
    She is probably going to Utah to keep an eye on the kids
    It's just weird because it's his WHOLE family
    Them going to Disney was actually less weird, because I know a few divorced couples who still vacation together for their kids

896 replies since 4/4/2020, 01:53   109810 views