TheKidsAreWithDadAndShesGoneMadLikeJen Pt. 135

« Older   Newer »

1. Distinctly Single
        +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group
    Not eating gluten free to avoid Marnie's cooking.

Status
    QUOTE (Gawfahomg @ 4/13/2020, 07:52 PM) 
    QUOTE (BinThereOrganizedThat @ 13/4/2020, 19:48) 
    In a q&a she said they had differing parenting styles and that caused tension. Now she is saying the work phenomenally together as coparents.

Hmm. Nice try jen.

That actually makes sense to me because she doesn't have to see him parent anymore. And it gives her the extra "me" time she "needs". So they are free to do it their way in their own spaces.

Also RE: schedules. Shut up. You're a teacher, great. Then listen to this. It is OVERWHELMING right now as a parent - having a know it all teacher dictate my day is not fucjibg helpful. My husband is an essential worker - the stress this creates is emense. I have to work from home, parent alone, and teach my kids. Schedules are great until a lesson takes all day because your child is stressed, feeling disconnected, full of anxiety about the uncertainty of the world. Teachers are amazing, and I'm grateful for all they are doing right now, but dictating my day is not your job.

Also. Jen actually has a schedule did you watch her Vlog? Of course Jen has a schedule - its one of her stengths. She parents and schedules in me time. That's better than what I can muster at the moment.

I feel so bad for the situation you are in. Having a partner who is an essential worker would definitely be overwhelming and stressful than those families that are all home. However, Jen is not in that situation. At all. I also do not think that lena was telling her to homeschool her kids either as they are still rather young. However, she could start a small schedule for the kids (even if it is coloring for this time, free play for this time), etc. and stick to a few things to help her not feel so overwhelmed with the chaos the two kids are creating. Her kids are used to a pretty rigid schedule, from what I can tell from the school posts. It would help all of them to have a little bit of that carry over.

Jen does not have a schedule beyond her own personal exercise and self care schedule. That has not been her strength in quite some time.

Hang in there Gawfahomg!

893 replies since 8/4/2020, 21:44   130741 views