Status
    Has Don not been on Reddit or anything?
    What about the Ravens? Anything?

2.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (FilofaxECBuJo @ 28/4/2020, 04:40) 
    1.) Can we please sign Jen and/or Don up for The Bachelor? Best season ever.

2.) Watching an old Dominican Republic vlog, and she orders virgin drinks. Did she actually want to get pregnant and refused to have a drop of alcohol in her system just in case she conceived? That seems weird. Especially since this was 5 years before she conceived. (And OMG Don thinks he’s cute speaking in Spanish the whole time. Pain in the ass.)

3.) I’m imagining this conversation:
    Don: So, um, I’ve noticed that you’re posting a lot of the kids on social media. Could you maybe dial it back a bit?
    Jen: You watch my Instagram stories?
    *Sits and thinks about this for the whole weekend*
    Jen: I can use Instagram to passive aggressively send Don messages! I don’t think he’s checking my Pinterest board anymore...

The no drink thing was always so bizarre to me. In her early vlogs she would always enjoy a cocktail on Mondays lol or on vacation or during a nice dinner out. All of a sudden she started with the virgin drinks and used to say things (in that baby voice) like, “Jennifer doesn’t need any alcohol right now.” And I’m not talking about situations where she had to drive if Don had too many, I’m talking about like Vegas where you walk everywhere. I used to think she sort of viewed her abstention as some sort of weird accomplishment.

I actually think if you don’t have any substance abuse problems, medical issues or religious reasons, sensibly enjoying a cocktail is one of the fun parts of life. And although Don always had more than one, I don’t think he’s a drunk. I do however think it was her weird kiddie cocktail journey that started the whole path to separation. I think he couldn’t even go out and enjoy a drink with his wife anymore and just got over it. Even my fuddy duddy parents had manhattans on Sundays together. If my mom started declining one my dad would have been hurt.

3.     +23   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    "This does not align with the values that I associated with the Erin Condren line as a customer."

4.     +17   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I’m pretty sure that at least one person of the Ross universe now watches Jen’s instagram and videos at all times. Just to keep tabs on what she’s doing and how the kids are treated. Especially now as the final divorce conditions are discussed.

5.     +17   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Stranded in the road, outside my McMansion

Status
    I had no intention of watching Jen's planner review, but after reading comments here, curiosity got the better of me. I found it extremely nit-picky and ridiculous. She had to point out EACH individual difference from last year, down to the bar code. WTF. Personally, I don’t care whether a bar code is on my planner, I want to know how the Gestalt of it works for me.

It is great that Erin Condren considers feedback from customers, but it seems like now her whole business is being dictated by these entitled little petulant do-nothings. Oh, “some people” didn’t like that the tab didn’t open directly to the monthly spread? Better change that ASAP. I think that is what burned Jen’s biscuits about the sticker pages...the fact that “they” gave feedback about the hole punching but EC ignored it. JFC. What an entitled beyotch. She acts like she is on the board of directors for the company.

Get over yourself, Jen. It is a planner. You don’t (and won’t) even use planners. There are much, much, much bigger things in life to get your Ross-Utah-Log-Cabin-Approved underwear in a bunch about. Grrrr.

6.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Splurgysplurge @ 4/27/2020, 09:46 PM) 
    I think the office is definitely a mental block. I think it’s too painful for her. It’s an entire room filled with who she was, who she doesn’t want to be, who she probably really truly is, her glory days, her life before children days, her Disney race days, her “this is Don’s wrapping paper for when he gives me presents just because” days. Going in that office is like going into a time machine where you can see everything but you can’t change anything. She should hire a company to just come in, move all of that stuff out and start again.

Holy shit that's brutal. I felt it. (I went through an unexpected divorce last year) 😩

Didn't think of it like that!

She probably just uses it to hide and cry, regret most of her life choices while eating her Ben & Jerry's.

7.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Let’s just imagine we’ve had this wrong the whole time.

The couple we saw all of these years was Jen’s fantasy version of her marriage. Don’s obsession with her being his pwincess was gross and creepy. What if she “played the role” for him?

Let’s just imagine once the cameras went off he was putting her down, gaslighting her and making her feel small. What if she learned as long as the cameras were on all was well. His personality could be completely different without an audience.

I sadly can name a number of friends who’s husbands cheated on them while pregnant. Be it, having to grow up or their life changing completely and down to not being attracted to their pregnant wives. I have a friend who did it through each of her pregnancies.

Him cheating could explain her control issues when CC was born. And Donny could explain her final try to keep the lifestyle she loves even though she may hate Don. Major life changes like that are scary (just think of the small change “I’m going vegan” train wreck).

Maybe he did it again when she was pregnant again and didn’t stop. Maybe he’s into some crazy stuff. She waited until she was over the baby stage and having two close in age. Perhaps she finally saw her moment and took it.

There have been many times over the years where I found Don very creepy. And that look on Christmas just showed he doesn’t give a flying fig anymore. And her manic behavior is also of someone who’s been abused and controlled for years and just got set free.

The EC review shows it’s an area she has confidence in. That’s why she was perky and had make up. It’s something that is just hers. And I believe the office is a symbol of all of this. That’s where she was most comfortable. And when she saw what was happening she gave up in that room.

Just my two cents.

8.     +6   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Okay she threw the washi tape and all of the other stuff like saying, “look At this crap” wow she was such a shit head. I wish they wouldn’t send her anything anymore. What an ungrateful person. .

9.     +14   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Athletic Calves @ 28/4/2020, 12:24) 
    I had no intention of watching Jen's planner review, but after reading comments here, curiosity got the better of me. I found it extremely nit-picky and ridiculous. She had to point out EACH individual difference from last year, down to the bar code. WTF. Personally, I don’t care whether a bar code is on my planner, I want to know how the Gestalt of it works for me.

It is great that Erin Condren considers feedback from customers, but it seems like now her whole business is being dictated by these entitled little petulant do-nothings. Oh, “some people” didn’t like that the tab didn’t open directly to the monthly spread? Better change that ASAP. I think that is what burned Jen’s biscuits about the sticker pages...the fact that “they” gave feedback about the hole punching but EC ignored it. JFC. What an entitled beyotch. She acts like she is on the board of directors for the company.

Get over yourself, Jen. It is a planner. You don’t (and won’t) even use planners. There are much, much, much bigger things in life to get your Ross-Utah-Log-Cabin-Approved underwear in a bunch about. Grrrr.

I can’t believe I’m jenfending but here I am:

If I buy an 8$ calendar somewhere, then I really don’t care what it looks like.
    When I pay 60$ for a planner that I’ll only really see when it’s been shipped to me, then I certainly would appreciate a thorough review like Jen’s before ordering it.

There, I said it. Do I have to leave this board now?
    :nervous:

10.     +6   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    No I appreciate the honesty but she seems so ungrateful and entitled. What about her laughing at the pens and saying she likes pens already put together. Plus after all those damn planners she is ordering a completely different planner? Lord there are ways to say things without being a jerk. I think she was mad because she felt pressured to get herself together and actually do it. All of her frustration at life and all the planner girls came out in that review.

11.     +6   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (husbandontherun @ 4/28/2020, 09:49 PM) 
    QUOTE (Athletic Calves @ 28/4/2020, 12:24) 

I can’t believe I’m jenfending but here I am:

If I buy an 8$ calendar somewhere, then I really don’t care what it looks like.
    When I pay 60$ for a planner that I’ll only really see when it’s been shipped to me, then I certainly would appreciate a thorough review like Jen’s before ordering it.

There, I said it. Do I have to leave this board now?
    :nervous:

Yeah I actually trust her planner reviews and shopping favourites in general because she has tried pretty much everything & is honest. I'm really a Jen fan at heart anyway, mostly just here to talk about WTH has happened to her over the last few years.

12.     +10   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    While we’re confessing things, I’ll leave my confession here, too: I think sometimes screenshots just catch people at a very awkward moment. While the Christmas morning screen grab of Don makes me laugh every time I see it, I honestly don’t think it necessarily has to reflect on the status of their relationship. The last couple times she’s had him in stories etc. they’ve actually sounded like they were getting along together.

Just my $0.02. So do I have to leave now? :nervous:

Also, I didn’t make it through very much of the planner video. If she was just gifted multiple planners from EC, why is she ordering more? Giveaways?

13.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anyone else notice planners from last year that she compared to this years weren’t even used? And then she ordered another one for this year? I get the impression she’s one of those people that gets all the feels when they buy something. Anything.

Don may have been controlling, but I feel like he kept her on track. I feel like the more he relinquished the control, she started to mentally slip. JMO.

14. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +4   Like  

User deleted

I agree that Jen's reviews have always seemed honest- sometimes entitled and snooty- but always honest.

I was wondering if that would change once she was monetizing more, but apparently not. :lol:

15.     +11   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I think if Don had cheated she would not be a mess but constantly be throwing hints about it without really saying it. There is NO WAY she would give up the chance to show she is superior to him. I also think she would be trying to show him from the get go what he gave up. I also think he would have lived with his parents for a very long time, trying to win her back before getting his own condo. And who knows, maybe he did but I still think she would be hinting because it makes her looks superior (ie: my clothes are smaller, I dont drink, etc.) She briefly said that "rule follower" thing but I think that was just because he took his ring off before her and she was surprised and had to make it seem like she was being pious.

909 replies since 28/4/2020, 00:07   117900 views