BitchySingleRichMomStillSurvivingOffDonLike Jen- Part 142

« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (cupcakequeen @ 13/5/2020, 05:33) 
    I think with Jen and cooking, it just never came easy. Sure, she got excited about parts of it (just like being 5 weeks into cleaning her own house) but it was usually of the cookie baking or spinach square make part of it. The Jen of old knew how to make one kind of meat....can anyone guess what it was?

No, not hot dogs. Don made those for her (she probably still thinks she can't make them...too complicated).

Not grilled anything, that was Don's domain.

It was....poached chicken breast in wine. Suzanne taught it to her, and she used that recipe many times to make it BY HERSELF YOU GUYS. Much, much later (just before the crying milk video) she made a video where she talks about how Suzanne taught her to to make tender shrimp using a sheet pan, lemon and butter. But that was it. I think she actually became plant based because it was just too hard to learn to cook other meats.

What's silly about this is that Jen is an avid CONSUMER of YouTube. There are TONS of very basic how to cooking videos. She has every kitchen gadgets known to man and plenty of money to buy what she doesn't.

OR, she could have made some real friends. Some of my favorite recipes and cooking tips came from my friends. When I was on WIC a dozen years ago and had never cooked a dry bean in my life and that was part of the food package, I called up my friend and asked her how to do it. She invited me over to her house and we went through it step by step. Now I am a dry bean cooking machine and get excited when I see unusual dry beans available at grocery stores.

I don't think Jen enjoyed cooking or baking, she just liked the attention she gets from "the family" for doing it, so she really only did it for special occasions. That's why she doesn't like doing it for herself, because kids aren't going to fawn all over their mom for their nightly dinner.

I do think she was disturbed by the factory farm videos. They ARE disturbing. They are designed to make people not want to look at the milk in the fridge. And she knew Suzanne got special treatment for being gluten-free, and I think she was desperately trying to get Don's attention. That's my guess why she went "plant based."

2.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    In terms of the stilted language Jen uses alternated with the frequent, “What do we call this?” - I have a hard time seeing her as Phi Beta Kappa material, although I do not believe she would lie about that.

3.     +32   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    It amazes me how sometimes we can sail so quickly through a thread when Jen doesn’t have much activity.

I hope I don’t sound pathetic. But during this social distancing, you bakers are my only source of fun. Work, laundry and dinners are about to throw me off the ledge. Thanks for being my net.

And she better put a video out, soon. I’m usually not a sappy person. :flipping-the-bird:

4.     +12   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I have a feeling she's not off schedule. She's purposely off socials for spite or sulking or some other overblown imagined drama

5.     +6   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (TongueThrustLikeDon @ 13/5/2020, 13:23) 
    It amazes me how sometimes we can sail so quickly through a thread when Jen doesn’t have much activity.

I hope I don’t sound pathetic. But during this social distancing, you bakers are my only source of fun. Work, laundry and dinners are about to throw me off the ledge. Thanks for being my net.

And she better put a video out, soon. I’m usually not a sappy person. :flipping-the-bird:

I feel the same, this forum is an endless source of entartainment <3 with or without Jen's content, even though I'm so desperately hoping she shows us the "private" video!

6.     +23   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    The criticism of cc’s hair hit her hard. Her perfect martyr mommy persona took a huge hit. People who normally wouldn’t criticize her for her own looks spoke up and commented on cc’s ratty hair. She’s pouting. She’s buffering. She’s hulk-ing out. Jen angry. Jen smash. Sorry, I have boys that are on a hulk kick at the moment.

7. FridgeInGarage
        +3   Like  

User deleted

what is she doing all day? maybe on Mother's day Don gave her a courteous gesture but still seeing his new life Jen had an epiphany that things ARE really over. and now she needs some Glennon Doyle audiobook and me time and final office cleanup to keep herself distracted from the pain.

8.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BugBittenKitten @ 13/5/2020, 13:55) 
    I have a feeling she's not off schedule. She's purposely off socials for spite or sulking or some other overblown imagined drama

Or packing. Maybe Don is concerned the real estate market is going to crash and wants house on the market sooner rather than later in the year.

Jenfending here for a minute. We moved across town 7 years ago after 20 years in another house and we had 3 kids in elementary school at the time. It was a bear to clean out and pack up (we had a <1500 sq ft house with a small basement - Less than half the size of Jen’s house) Let alone firing a pandemic when you can’t donate rumpus household things. Granted we both worked FT while packing but our kids were not as young as her - still it was VERY hard to juggle.

I think that’s part of why Don seems to be taking the kids extra. If I were Jen I would pack her bins into a storage unit and take the basics to new house - kitchen stuff, family room, bedroom sets and a few toys.

9.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    What was Jen’s BS about CC’s hair and letting her be wild and free before societal pressures weighed her down? I didn’t realize that basic grooming fell under “societal pressure” territory.

Jen, your daughter will be wild and free, but it will not have anything to do with her hair. It will be because you allow her to rule the house and you never correct her or apply appropriate discipline. You will rue the day when she’s older.

10.     +35   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Eh, she’s pouting. She’s done this so many times. She’ll be back in the next couple of days saying how she just needed to “pull back”. Then she’ll stick around until the next time something happens. Then disappear for a few days. Then she’s back. Rinse & repeat.

11.     +18   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    Yes, she is pouting and sulking. Also, a bit of "punishment" for the backlash she has been getting

12.     +18   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I broke down and got Untamed from the library. I actually like Glennon Doyle's old stuff, she gets a little woowoo out there for my taste, but the message under all of it usually is a good one. In the early days, she was one of the few bloggers who was super real and not afraid to say unpopular things, and I appreciated that about her.

I made it through the prologue and first chapter and I can totally see how this book changed Jen's life. The problem is, Glennon took an active role in reshaping her "uncaged" life. Jen designed her own cage, and has no clue what to do when she opens the door to go out, so she pushed Don out of the cage, accepts the money that he deposits into her cage, and she isn't actually doing anything but lamenting the fact that she is in a cage.

It would actually be interesting if she'd do anything earth shatteringly different to show how untamed she is. Wearing hoodies and not doing her hair is supposed to be her being a wild cheetah?

13.     +12   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (somebunny @ 5/13/2020, 02:22 PM) 
    I broke down and got Untamed from the library. I actually like Glennon Doyle's old stuff, she gets a little woowoo out there for my taste, but the message under all of it usually is a good one. In the early days, she was one of the few bloggers who was super real and not afraid to say unpopular things, and I appreciated that about her.

I made it through the prologue and first chapter and I can totally see how this book changed Jen's life. The problem is, Glennon took an active role in reshaping her "uncaged" life. Jen designed her own cage, and has no clue what to do when she opens the door to go out, so she pushed Don out of the cage, accepts the money that he deposits into her cage, and she isn't actually doing anything but lamenting the fact that she is in a cage.

It would actually be interesting if she'd do anything earth shatteringly different to show how untamed she is. Wearing hoodies and not doing her hair is supposed to be her being a wild cheetah?

Never read the book - am slightly curious but I don't have time for it - but I see so many influencers just RAVING about it (and yes, I realize they're probably getting compensated to do so). I think Jen's problem here is that there is a big difference between being inspired by someone's story and words and applying the basic concepts and principles to your life, and using another person as a "how-to guide" for life and happiness. Jen has been doing this for years, it seems. Finding someone to latch on to that seems happy in their online presence, someone that has their shit together and that people like, and she gets all "oh well that looks like how I should look if I want to be happy! that must be what I need to do!" and then she copies whatever they do and then, shockingly, it doesn't make her happy and she pouts for a while, makes a YT "confessional" about anxiety, and moves on to someone else.

That's what I mean when I say she built her own cage - she put herself in the beauty guru/OG YT-er gilded cage and is acting like she was forced to be someone she wasn't all those years. Beyond that, whenever she was with the Rosses, she acted like Suzanne. Whenever she was with her mom, she acted like her mom. I suspect that she did that because she didn't want to take criticism or commentary on her own personality so by copying whoever she was with, she thought she could blend in. Maybe on YT we saw some of her true personality but even then, she took criticism so hard that she often did whatever her viewers wanted. I'm sure living like that is exhausting, especially when trying to balance that with being a new mom, but she can't see that she built that cage around herself by not trusting her friends/family to accept her as she is. She got mad and bitter and started blaming them for her unhappiness, and never really gave them a chance to get to know her without getting all snarky about it (enter vegan but not vegan video). But even then, I don't think this is really who she is - she's just copying someone else and really running with it this time...

Jen is going to be miserable until she really figures out what she wants and needs - not a new guru's story to try to shoehorn her life into. I'm not psychoanalyzing her, but talking with a professional therapist would probably help with that but not until she wants it and clearly she doesn't because this sort of copy-sadness-rinse-repeat is just what works for her. *eyeroll*

14.     +18   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Meh. Jen is weirder than all the Rosses combined. They seem harmless to me whereas she is not. JMO.

15.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 5/13/2020, 08:15 AM) 
    QUOTE (BugBittenKitten @ 13/5/2020, 13:55) 

Or packing. Maybe Don is concerned the real estate market is going to crash and wants house on the market sooner rather than later in the year.

Jenfending here for a minute. We moved across town 7 years ago after 20 years in another house and we had 3 kids in elementary school at the time. It was a bear to clean out and pack up (we had a <1500 sq ft house with a small basement - Less than half the size of Jen’s house) Let alone firing a pandemic when you can’t donate rumpus household things. Granted we both worked FT while packing but our kids were not as young as her - still it was VERY hard to juggle.

I think that’s part of why Don seems to be taking the kids extra. If I were Jen I would pack her bins into a storage unit and take the basics to new house - kitchen stuff, family room, bedroom sets and a few toys.

You could be right. That closet in the craftice has never looked so bare.

881 replies since 10/5/2020, 18:55   127252 views