AsWePredictedDonHadHerEvictedLikeJen Pt. 144

« Older   Newer »

1.     +11   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    It's funny how when I was a teenager I wrote my journals thinking that someday when I'm older I'll want to remember what I was up to, what I was feeling etc. Now I try to avoid reading them because I sounded so stupid and I don't want to live again all that ahhah
    But yet I can't bring myself to get rid of them (kinda Jenfending here I guess :m1273: but at least I don't show it online lol)

2.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (GrownUpStickerBook @ 17/5/2020, 22:53) 
    I think all her “when people show you they don’t care” garbage was because she whined to Don about all the packing she has to do, fully expecting him to take care of it for her. He said, “I got my box of stuff—you can move your own hoard.” She didn’t like that.

Or maybe Jen told Don she still loves him and he said, “Thank you.”

Very probable, given that 98% of the crap in that house is stuff she ordered. I wonder if he had anything he liked and bought himself at all outside of the Dongeon?

3.     +9   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous

:glitter_cupcake_with_cherry_smi

4.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (somebunny @ 5/17/2020, 05:53 PM) 
    QUOTE (Landyn's One Eye @ 17/5/2020, 16:45) 
    I have no interest in anything this chick has to say. To me, she just seems ‘on trend’. I just wonder, if Glennon was talking about turning to, say, God instead of another woman, would she be worshiped like she is? I think she would be labeled crazy and dangerous.

So what happens when Glennon has another epiphany and realizes she was all wrong about this untamed crap?

At the risk of being a Glennon-fender (because my feelings about her and this book are complicated, but I have read the book so I feel the need to chime in), that's kind of exactly what Glennon DID say. She turned into herself, some would call it meditation, some would call it prayer or maybe the Holy Spirit, because she thinks God is in you (or what she refers to as Knowing) and you have to shut up and listen to what you are discerning for yourself.

What she literally says in the book (that I haven't returned to the library yet):

"Be still and know."...."It didn't say poll your friends and know or read books by experts and know or scour the internet and know. It suggested a different approach to Knowing. Just. Stop."

- "I can know things down at this level that I can't on the chaotic surface. Down here, when I pose a question about my life - in words or abstract images - I sense a nudge. The nudge guides me towards the next precise thing."

- "What I learned (even though I am afraid to say it) is that God lives in this deepness inside me."

I feel safe in arguing that this is meditation, prayer, whatever label you want to put on it. Which is why if Jen blew up her marriage for this book, for this book alone, or maybe in conjunction with that person she shitquotes all the time, she missed the whole point. The point is that your truth is in you, it's not in your learned behavior from the internet or organized religion or society or what a counselor thinks you should do or what feminists think is right, what's best for you is something you know, you just have to shut up and listen to it.

(This I can personally get on board with. This is not the stuff that gives me pause when it comes to complicated opinions.)

Hear hear. I don't understand why everyone is assuming that what our favorite pathologicallyingfeministnarcissist THINKS is in the book is actually there.

5.     +9   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    The Department of Redundancy Department. Repeatedly repeating.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (husbandontherun @ 5/17/2020, 01:56 PM) 
    Very probable, given that 98% of the crap in that house is stuff she ordered. I wonder if he had anything he liked and bought himself at all outside of the Dongeon?

Remember when he sat on the stair step, anxiously looking out the window for his meat to be delivered? lol

6.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I think all her “when people show you they don’t care” garbage was because she whined to Don about all the packing she has to do, fully expecting him to take care of it for her. He said, “I got my box of stuff—you can move your own hoard.” She didn’t like that.

Dying

7.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Being financially responsible by ordering all the things online

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (husbandontherun @ 17/5/2020, 22:56) 

Meat smoker. Meat thermometer. Meat rub spices. Meat...

Making that list made me put Jen's faux veganism back at the top of the "reasons they divorced" list. She took away the one thing he liked.

8.     +12   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (husbandontherun @ 5/17/2020, 10:39 PM) 
    QUOTE (Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 17/5/2020, 22:35) 
    I found my old diaries and destroyed them. They weren’t reflections or musings... just random rants and obsessions over cute boys in my class that I barely remember now. It’s not an insight into who I am, and I don’t want anyone reading them upon my death (or before it), so I destroyed them. No regrets.

The fact that Jen clings to all this shit shows she hasn’t moved on and grown up. She’s totally lost.

I still have my diaries from when I was in my twenties. I had a pretty rough time back then, struggling with depression, and they kept me alive as I felt like I couldn’t talk to anyone.
    I thought about destroying them several times, but they are an important part of me or at least of me at that time back then, and so far I just couldn’t do it. 🤷‍♀️

Same here, but they are my high school journals. They are kept in a box in the garage. I did flip through one of them when we were cleaning out the garage a few years ago. It hit me that all the things I was praying for finally came through. I sat there and cried happy tears. To me those journals serve as a reminder to never give up. I can't throw them away.

9.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (The Wookie @ 17/5/2020, 23:31) 
    QUOTE (husbandontherun @ 5/17/2020, 10:39 PM) 
    I still have my diaries from when I was in my twenties. I had a pretty rough time back then, struggling with depression, and they kept me alive as I felt like I couldn’t talk to anyone.
    I thought about destroying them several times, but they are an important part of me or at least of me at that time back then, and so far I just couldn’t do it. 🤷‍♀️

Same here, but they are my high school journals. They are kept in a box in the garage. I did flip through one of them when we were cleaning out the garage a few years ago. It hit me that all the things I was praying for finally came through. I sat there and cried happy tears. To me those journals serve as a reminder to never give up. I can't throw them away.

I found a list I wrote years ago recently, with a “five years from now” thing in it - I had written that we’d have two kids and be deciding on a third. All true. (And today it’s a no on the third kid 🤯🤯🤯). Not an unusual or “out there” goal or dream but it made me smile real big that it had actually happened. We were nowhere near having kids at the time I wrote it.
    I did tear it up and toss it though.
    I don’t want to go through my teen boxes. Shudder.

10.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (husbandontherun @ 17/5/2020, 22:46) 
    But I have to destroy them someday. My worst nightmare is that someday something happens to me and then someone else finds and reads them...

I keep mine in an old locked briefcase. It’s one of those Halliburton aluminum ones like they use on TV to transfer money. Nobody’s getting in that thing when I die.

11.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 17/5/2020, 23:39) 
    QUOTE (husbandontherun @ 17/5/2020, 22:46) 
    But I have to destroy them someday. My worst nightmare is that someday something happens to me and then someone else finds and reads them...

I keep mine in an old locked briefcase. It’s one of those Halliburton aluminum ones like they use on TV to transfer money. Nobody’s getting in that thing when I die.

I have a metal box with a padlock on it 😂

12.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    QUOTE (souvenir yarn @ 5/17/2020, 10:21 PM) 
    All this reminiscing about the good ol days of Jen reminded me that I never got around to watching Orphan Black. I still cannot believe this was a character on a TV show.

92a13187439110dd8b323a7983f7cb70

Loved that show! That actress deserved serious awards for playing all those characters... and that one (name is escaping me) was my favorite...and wasn't her husbands name Donny and he was a little bit like.... Don?! :blink:

13.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Yes, I think she was named Allison

14.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status

:lol:

15.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Remember when she tried telling us she isn't an impulsive shopper? Same song and dance.

964 replies since 16/5/2020, 14:20   143432 views