From the quote today:

“...the love you show yourself”

This is where she excels!

2.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Cool! I'm gonna watch it! Ahh I love it when bakers throw up good oldies to see again. A gift that keeps on giving.
    I'm thinking of doing a re-read. Not a re-watch, but going back to old old threads and re reading through the hilarity. I need a laugh today. Feeling the quarantine.
    QUOTE (BarefootNightmares @ 21/5/2020, 17:37) 
    I don't know how I missed this video but it has to be essential viewing!! It's got everything: concern for Drunken Don, obsessive and disordered eating, and tying booties on Winnie's feet with cable ties so she can't self-harm! It's my new fave!!

https://youtu.be/cIO1RCxpNeM

3.     +1   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Popppp @ 21/5/2020, 15:58) 
    QUOTE (shitquotinginmyloftice @ 5/21/2020, 08:30 AM) 
    Don loves Tito's vodka.

we actually had a few names we'd call the unborn baby :mocking_smiley_emoticon:

Her Instagram stats on Followers is pathetic!!! Girl do you even look at them!!????( Damn!! MY old house IG is doing amazingly compared to Jen and Tikaa!😂😂))

That’s because your old house IG is amazing. 😍

4.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    What was his number 1 relationship tip? How did that work out?! 🤣

QUOTE (GetDatAssOuttaDatHouse @ 21/5/2020, 17:47) 
    Cool! I'm gonna watch it! Ahh I love it when bakers throw up good oldies to see again. A gift that keeps on giving.
    I'm thinking of doing a re-read. Not a re-watch, but going back to old old threads and re reading through the hilarity. I need a laugh today. Feeling the quarantine.
    I don't know how I missed this video but it has to be essential viewing!! It's got everything: concern for Drunken Don, obsessive and disordered eating, and tying booties on Winnie's feet with cable ties so she can't self-harm! It's my new fave!!

5.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Backup Bunions @ 21/5/2020, 17:49) 
    What was his number 1 relationship tip? How did that work out?! 🤣

QUOTE (GetDatAssOuttaDatHouse @ 21/5/2020, 17:47) 

IIRC that was a tease to his own video.

6.     +10   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 21/5/2020, 15:19) 
    QUOTE (Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 21/5/2020, 14:56) 
    Hey Jen, try putting your house on the market, moving to a new house, changing jobs/careers, potty training your child, and prepping said child for preschool. All at the EXACT same time.

My summer 2018.

Sorry to Jenfend but she’s not that different From what you went through. She has 2 preschoolers and is packing and moving in the midst of a divorce and 2.5 months into a pandemic where the kids have been home and she can’t easily get help with her household hoard.

You can’t even donate stuff right now. Do not overlook that as a major monkey wrench when you are trying to move. I’m going through it right now with my mom’s apartment (not a hoardy house by any means) and it is a huge pain in the butt not being able to easily pass along things.

I like to snark as much as the next baker but this would not be a walk in the park
    for anyone.

Jens life is stressful AF at the moment. And she doesn’t even have real girlfriends that she can lean on for support.

I’ve been oscillating :to-quote-smiley-emoticon: between feeling sorry for her and then remembered that she made her own bed and what not.

7.     +10   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I don’t feel too bad for Jen for many reasons. As others have said, she can afford to store things until she can deal with selling or donating. It appears the vast majority of stuff she has to deal with is what she purchased or hoarded from EC, etc. I would be shocked if she has to actually deal with anything more strenuous than bin-stuffing—Don will pay somebody else to do the “heavy lifting” (literally and figuratively). And I have no doubt the children have been spending a good bit of time with Don or grandparents while she drags her feet (and posts shitquotes).

8.     +12   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Making myself feel better by spewing negativity

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen, do something. Anything. I'll even take some overly close up videos of the demon. It's you or spreadsheets and I don't want to face the spreadsheets.

ImmaterialFriendlyHalicore-size_restricted

9.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 5/21/2020, 04:14 PM) 
    Since we are Jenfending in small doses: it’s a very Chicago thing to add an S to the end of store names. And since we hear them mispronounced so many times here, we literally forget that it’s wrong (see: Nordstroms) And for you other local Bakers: Jewels ;) It’s kind of part of our accent...

I do something similar and I'm originally from California. I now live in Kansas and my friends laugh when I say Aldis instead of Aldi. :D
    I also say the before the freeway number. Like "You need to take the 10 freeway". Unless you are going to a certain part of town, then it's "You need to take the Santa Monica to get to Venice Beach."

10.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (The Wookie @ 21/5/2020, 18:07) 
    Since we are Jenfending in small doses: it’s a very Chicago thing to add an S to the end of store names. And since we hear them mispronounced so many times here, we literally forget that it’s wrong (see: Nordstroms) And for you other local Bakers: Jewels ;) It’s kind of part of our accent...

I do something similar and I'm originally from California. I now live in Kansas and my friends laugh when I say Aldis instead of Aldi. :D
    I also say the before the freeway number. Like "You need to take the 10 freeway". Unless you are going to a certain part of town, then it's "You need to take the Santa Monica to get to Venice Beach."

I do the same thing for freeways- always add “the”. I’m from California, too.

11.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    My ex was from Cali and he came out here and he was like you have to take the 95. I was like there is no “the” 95 is like Cher, it stands alone.

12.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    QUOTE (The Wookie @ 5/21/2020, 06:07 PM) 

I'm from CA and had said Nordstroms and JCPenneys for a long time before I realized it was incorrect. I have lived both in Southern CA and Northern...Southern uses THE for the freeway but not northern which I always thought odd. I lived near THE 10 but not the 80, lol.

In a lot of ways NorCal and SoCal are two different states... :D

13.     +7   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (TheRedMinivan @ 5/20/2020, 10:56 PM)
    Yeah, I remember the blue burberry trench. I thought it was so odd that we never really heard about that but then I realized that it's because none of her idols were obsessed with burberry, none that I'm aware of anyway.

I was so jealous of the Burberry trench. I’ve been obsessed with Burberry for years. I only own 1 item from them - sunglasses. :(

QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 5/21/2020, 10:14 AM)

QUOTE (Meow2 @ 5/21/2020, 10:29 AM)
    for those in the midwest...I've always called it Meijers instead of what it actually is - Meijer :lol: it doesn't even sound right to me to say it the correct way

We do that here in Indiana. Aldis, Meijers, Krogers, Penneys, etc :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

14.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (The Wookie @ 21/5/2020, 18:07) 

My late aunt was Southern born and bred. Never left the South. She, too, put “S” at the end of store names.

Now I’m missing her. 😢. But with love.❤️

15.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BinThereOrganizedThat @ 5/21/2020, 06:33 PM) 
    My ex was from Cali and he came out here and he was like you have to take the 95. I was like there is no “the” 95 is like Cher, it stands alone.

My family is from Philly born and raised and my one aunt calls it "The I-95" 😂 along with her supermarket "The Ack-a-me".

936 replies since 19/5/2020, 17:11   146483 views