WeAreNeverEverGettingBackTogetherLikeDon Pt. 145

#newphonewhodis

« Older   Newer »

1.     +6   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Poopsie, you are making me homesick! Whenever I hear someone say 'Youse guys' I know they are either from Philadelphia or NJ. Whenever I'm traveling and I hear the accent my heart flutters. :D

2.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 21/5/2020, 15:43) 
    Jen would not ever be able to hold a “regular” job. I think we probably are all in agreement there.

If she had to work, it seems to me that other than her YouTube type of gigs her only other realistic options would be to work for other creative people by writing blog posts, editing videos etc - Things that are on deadline but not a rigid schedule where you clock in and clock out.

She would need to be a decent writer for this. Unless she is ghostwriting for a 13 year-old.

Maybe the editing thing.

She certainly doesn't have much in terms of qualifications.

3.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 5/21/2020, 07:02 PM) 
    Southern born and raised, here. Living near Philly now. My husband and son say “wooder” for water. It breaks my heart.

My son actually CORRECTED my correct pronunciation. (My Southern twang is very, very slight and most don’t hear it.) Sigh.

That's hilarious! My little niece says 'wooder' too! I've tried to change that but she is resistant.

It's a great area. I moved away and really miss the people. And the train system.

4.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    If she gets a career off YouTube, my money is on real estate. 100%.

It’s the job every divorced, former housewife thinks she can do. (No shade at realtors here! So many people attempt and FAIL. But that field attracts a lot of useless turds.)

5.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 21/5/2020, 17:30) 
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 21/5/2020, 16:14) 
    Since we are Jenfending in small doses: it’s a very Chicago thing to add an S to the end of store names. And since we hear them mispronounced so many times here, we literally forget that it’s wrong (see: Nordstroms) And for you other local Bakers: Jewels ;) It’s kind of part of our accent...

That’s interesting to know! Off topic- is Willmette close to where Jen lives?

Yes, about 5 miles away.

6.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Im not so sure about editing. I mean how many of us heard "was your pizza yummy"?

7.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ZiplockBagCollection @ 21/5/2020, 19:06) 
    Southern born and raised, here. Living near Philly now. My husband and son say “wooder” for water. It breaks my heart.

My son actually CORRECTED my correct pronunciation. (My Southern twang is very, very slight and most don’t hear it.) Sigh.

That's hilarious! My little niece says 'wooder' too! I've tried to change that but she is resistant.

It's a great area. I moved away and really miss the people. And the train system.

Lol. I say wooder. Never noticed til multiple people pointed it out that were not from ‘round here

8.     +13   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I don't think that Jen could ever work for someone else, even as a freelancer. She can't stand being told what to do and even as a freelance editor/writer she'd have deadlines and need to work within someone else's direction. She also can't take feedback, even when appropriate and delivered in a constructive way, and has control issues.

9.     +20   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I'll have you know Jen was an administrative assistant and she was great at it. Just ask her boss, I mean ex-husband. :snickering:

10.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Being financially responsible by ordering all the things online

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 21/5/2020, 16:14) 
    Since we are Jenfending in small doses: it’s a very Chicago thing to add an S to the end of store names. And since we hear them mispronounced so many times here, we literally forget that it’s wrong (see: Nordstroms) And for you other local Bakers: Jewels ;) It’s kind of part of our accent...

It's a very British thing too, especially when referring to supermarkets. Although Jen would probably be horrified that it's mostly the working class accents here, rather than regional.

My accent is such a mess from moving around so much (more than Jen, if she can believe that!) that I don't even remember how to pronounce some words in my native accent. :embarrassed-smile-smiley-emotic

Edited by Queen of Budgeting - 21/5/2020, 19:48

11.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    And she did say once, YEARS AGO, that it would ultimately be her job of choice if she ever worked, because she was so good at it the first time.

12.     +12   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    In her Dealing with Anxiety video, she actually acknowledges that it would've been helpful for her to get a job. But she still doesn't do it. Jen gets in her own way.

13.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ZiplockBagCollection @ 21/5/2020, 19:06) 

Brad Leone from the BA test kitchen on You Tube says wooder and every time he does they put a graphic on the screen mocking him. It’s hilarious. They spell it “Wutur”

14.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (MissReview @ 21/5/2020, 19:05) 
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 21/5/2020, 15:43) 
    Jen would not ever be able to hold a “regular” job. I think we probably are all in agreement there.

If she had to work, it seems to me that other than her YouTube type of gigs her only other realistic options would be to work for other creative people by writing blog posts, editing videos etc - Things that are on deadline but not a rigid schedule where you clock in and clock out.

She would need to be a decent writer for this. Unless she is ghostwriting for a 13 year-old.

Maybe the editing thing.

She was Phi Beta Kappa in college. I hope to hell she could write blog content. We’re not talking the great American novel

QUOTE (HappiestAlone @ 21/5/2020, 19:18) 
    Im not so sure about editing. I mean how many of us heard "was your pizza yummy"?

Most of her videos (in her hay day of 2012-16) were very nicely edited with smooth transitions etc. Much better than some others in that time frame IMO.

I do not like planner videos but feel she did an excellent job on those. She understands lighting and angles etc.

15.     +11   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Being financially responsible by ordering all the things online

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 21/5/2020, 20:06) 
    QUOTE (MissReview @ 21/5/2020, 19:05) 

Maybe the editing thing.

She was Phi Beta Kappa in college. I hope to hell she could write blog content. We’re not talking the great American novel

I'm guessing you haven't read her blog much. She writes exactly how she talks. Painfully verbose and essentially pointless.

She is actually OK at videos when she puts some effort in. Not amazing, but good enough for her niche.

936 replies since 19/5/2020, 17:11   146483 views