« Older   Newer »

1.     +8   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    :hearty-laugh:

I don't know what I find funnier, that comment or your username, GonaldDonald!

2.     +5   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group
    Somewhere thinking up a new identity while eating a spinach square

Status
    QUOTE (Foreverloveoptimist @ 5/23/2020, 05:41 PM) 
    QUOTE (It'sADog'sLife @ 5/23/2020, 11:37 PM) 
    Not sure about that but I think much of her “baby” voice behavior was to exhibit her as a child and not a sexual partner who could conceive a child as long as she was that perpetual 5- year old. A stalling tactic. I also recall how after Donny was born she was clearing out clothes and was so adamant about that being her LAST pregnancy so she was dumping maternity clothes. She never wanted kids and stalked as long as she could while building internal resentment daily after having them.

Um, sorry to burst your bubble here but for a certain kind of man, "baby talk" is sexually exciting. They actually fear women who are sexually aware and who revel in their adult sexual agency. Our favorite hypersexual dominant is one of those men.

I can attest to this. In my college days, I dated a man who wanted me to call him Daddy. He did not like assertiveness in a woman. AT ALL. He got off being dominant and wanted his women meek and subservient. Suffice it to say, we didn't date long. It was always WWIII. I like a dominant man but I don't do meek. Role play between the sheets is one thing but taking it outside the bedroom is a big Hell To The No for me.

So yes, there are definitely men who love pretending they are with a innocent little girl. Anything you can think of, there are men who are turned on by it. And I mean ANYTHING.

But I think with Hag, it is more that she likes being a little girl than Don wanting her to be one. He played along and probably got into it after a while.

3.     +11   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    The Department of Redundancy Department. Repeatedly repeating.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ShiseidoCottonPad @ 5/23/2020, 03:18 PM) 
    Oh, drat, I hope there hasn't been any real tension here. I need you guys. You are my sanctuary. I have been home alone with my 17-year-old son since March and he is starting to drive me bat-shit crazy. There, Jen, I said it. Every time I finish the dishes, I hear his heavy steps coming toward me "I thought I would fix myself a snack". And, I tell him- go to Jen's she'll froth you Oatmilk and take you on a walk to her private park.

It's like marriage or family around here.
    Sometimes it's great fun.
    Other times, it's absofreakinglutely miserable.
    Sometimes ya want to punch some posters right in their post.
    And other times you want to gather up a bunch of posters and hug them tightly.
    And that can ebb and flow that way in any given hour.

As for the teenager, tell him to finish up the dishes and then he can fix himself a snack.
    If The Soup Kitchen kids can work, so can the teenager. lol

@IDES...thank you for the reminder to newbies to read the Jencyclopedia. Thank you for the work put in to it. And thank you for those that do bother to read it. Makes you seem a little less newbish, at least. lol

4.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    nothing but good advice!!!!! thanks slay.

So, humor me, what one unneeded item did Jen pack on her trip to Italy? Not that she regrets it, she just didn't end up using it. (this I know by heart, I am pretty sure, but haven't watched in a couple of years)

5.     +8   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    Todolovethebaby2 , I think that the comment to read up wasn't directed at you or people that have been here awhile. We have had a HUGE influx of new posters that come in, read 2 pages and post "I don't know if it has been posted here, but do you think that........" and mention something that we have undoubtedly discussed to the nth degree, LOL I do want to say, welcome, to the newbies, but it gets a bit tiresome when they ask that and then many proceed to correct our thinking, on their 5th or 6th post.

6.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    No tension!
    There can be some attitude but rarely any real tension

7.     +27   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Have you all heard that Jen Ross is getting divorced?

:snickering:

8.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SmoothiesLikeLily @ 5/23/2020, 11:41 PM) 
    QUOTE (garagemeatfridge @ 23/5/2020, 22:19) 
    I really think Jen had/has ppd and/or ppa. I don’t know if anyone tried to get her help or not, if she resisted or not, but in my experience ppd/ppa can really do a number on you and you might not even realize that the issue lies within you, not everyone else. I hope she does get help at some point. Having 2 kids back to back can be very difficult, even with a good support system. Even just being sleep deprived for an extended period of time can make a person feel like they're losing their mind, at least that's how I felt.

I also hate to Jen-fend, but my husband is like Don in some ways, and raising a toddler can be very tough at times. My husband is quite patient and adores our son, but on tough days he has said things like he can't wait until the weekend ends so he can go back to work because he'd rather be working than helping with our one kid, or that he's looking forward to his week long business trip because it will do our son good to see that he'll be fine for awhile without Dada... (clearly my husband was projecting his feelings onto our son when he said that last one)

My husband also identifies as a libertarian (ugh, he was so different when we first got together years ago but whatever) and he says his earnings/savings/investments are ours, not his, and the house is ours, but he has also made passing comments in the past about how one spouse should not be entitled to the other's past or future earnings if there's a divorce regardless of what the law says

I am a sahm but unlike Jen I had a career until I had a baby and I did contribute financially, and I plan on going back to work, but I wonder if Don made any comments like my husband's and if so maybe she got twisted about them? When I repeated what my husband said back to him later on he denied saying those things because they were probably said when he was feeling stressed out, anyway now I'm just projecting and not being objective

I agree.

I’ve said all along that the “crying over milk” video was a cry for help, whether Jen realized it herself & would ever admit it or not. And, of course, we don’t know whether or not Jen’s family tried to get her help or not. But if Don didn’t try to support & help her, then he’s as much as to blame.

So, yes, I think Jen has/had PPD or PPA as well.

Not to Jen-fend, but I do believe she has general anxiety. She also has a very rigid personality & seems to function best w/ set routines. She’s also selfish in nature.

Her kind of personality was never going to do well w/ one baby, much less 2 kids close together in age.

We don’t know what it was like in their house, but Don never seemed very truly supportive of Jen & even dismissive of her at times. (And I’m not saying that Jen ever seemed really all that supportive of him either.) On video, at different times, he made condescending remarks to her. And I don’t buy that all that “adoring” attention & gifts from Don were just out of his general good-nature & generosity. Just from some of his remarks regarding money & society, you can tell he has another side that’s not all that pretty.

Additionally, Jen is passive-aggressive & wants everyone to instinctively know what she wants/needs. Again, we don’t know how they really were together, but they don’t seem to be very good at communicating.

I think they had a sort of unspoken contract w/ each other as to how their married life was going to go, & having kids caused a breakdown of the contract.

I think she was having a very hard time coping, felt like she was losing herself (as is VERY common in new mothers), & didn’t feel like she was receiving the same kind of attention from Don that she received from him prior to having kids. I think she also felt she was losing control, & control is very important to someone like her. Going plant-based was just one way to take some control back & also to get some kind of individuality back - I think it was even a subconscious way for her to pull away from both Don & the Rosses & have something just for her & that wasn’t kid-involved.

Don, on the other hand, wasn’t very patient & wanted Jen to go back to the way she was as well. The plant-based thing was probably the last straw for him. I’m still undecided on whether or not he cheated, but I wouldn’t be surprised. In his own way, he’s just as selfish as Jen.

Neither seemed to be cut out for “tough” & don’t have the mental fortitude (1) to realize the “baby/infant stage” is just that, a STAGE, & will end eventually & (2) to understand how to get through a tough time.

I think a lot of passive aggressive comments were thrown around. And their situation just devolved into the perfect storm.

A psychologist would have a field day w/ Jen & her marriage.

What is PPD/PPA?

9.     +30   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I don’t usually think the tension gets very bad here in the Bakery.

That being said, I do think there are a poster or two that are a bit unfriendly towards others but there are always people like that.

10.     +2   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    PostPartumDepression/Anxiety

11.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Post Partum Depression/Post Partum Anxiety

Edit: What ThatKateBroad said

Edited by YouGuysSlayMe - 5/23/2020, 04:14 PM

12.     +11   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (SingHo!toDons2ndWife @ 22/5/2020, 22:36) 
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 23/5/2020, 04:22) 
    If I’m ever on line with 178k followers answering the question: “What is your favorite mug?” I hope that Bakers will recognize that I have either totally cracked or have been abducted by aliens and send help quick!!!

That shall be the Bakery secret code from now on... if, IRL, you suspect you’re with a fellow Baker, just ask “What is your favourite mug?” The answer to confirm your Baker status will be “My Breathe mug” :eusa_dance:

I love this idea!!! I’m dying to try it out. :lol:

Can you imagine the look on a stranger’s face if I ask them the question and they are not a Baker?

13.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 24/5/2020, 00:08) 
    I think his parents, as well as Don, thought that she would "grow up" when she finally had kids. They expected that she would step into the roll of mother and run with it.....not from it.

What I’ve never understood is why people think that if someone “babies” their pet, like Jen did with Winnie, they will make a good parent... pets are not children, they are way less demanding. Didn’t Suzanne/Emily make some comment about how Jen was going to be such a great Mom because just look at her with Winnie? Did I make that up? I can’t remember because since I have been a Mom for a whole 18 months, I have actually lost my mind and memory... haha

14.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I am a baker and I would most definitely give you a strange face :snickering:

15.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (SeeminglySweetLikeJen @ 5/23/2020, 04:16 PM) 
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 24/5/2020, 00:08) 
    I think his parents, as well as Don, thought that she would "grow up" when she finally had kids. They expected that she would step into the roll of mother and run with it.....not from it.

What I’ve never understood is why people think that if someone “babies” their pet, like Jen did with Winnie, they will make a good parent... pets are not children, they are way less demanding. Didn’t Suzanne/Emily make some comment about how Jen was going to be such a great Mom because just look at her with Winnie? Did I make that up? I can’t remember because since I have been a Mom for a whole 18 months, I have actually lost my mind and memory... haha

I think that was Julie that said that.

923 replies since 23/5/2020, 04:23   124043 views