FromGolfCourseToGuardRailLikeJen Pt 165

« Older   Newer »

1. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +11   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (PlantBasedJourney @ 7/12/2020, 05:43 PM) 
    I can't get over CC's face in that story. She looks like she's already lost of all of her serotonin. AT AGE FOUR.

The way she turned her head away in disgust was very telling.

2.     +9   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    That Q&A shiseido posted was from November 2018. Based on Jen’s response to the Don question, their marriage was already well in the shitter by that point (June 2018 is when happy wife was removed from her bio). She pulled back on showing him and started acting like a single mom sometime after Charlotte was born. I’d guess that change was also due to a significant shift in their relationship.

3. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +13   Like  

User deleted

Has anyone ever watched the old vlog where she got her new refrigerator?

Before she opens the door to show us the inside, she says it was delivered, cooled, and cleaned and that it was empty.

Then she opens the doors and it IS empty...except for a bottle of Don's cranberry juice on the door.

She seemed very shocked to see it there for some reason.

But Don is such a lush that he had to fix a drink and secure a spot for his cranberry juice right away. :lol:

4.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ShiseidoCottonPad @ 12/7/2020, 17:01) 
    I am so sorry about your rodent drama! I had one run across our kitchen floor while my daughter was in her high chair nearly 40 years ago when we lived in the woods and I still have PTSD from it! You have my sympathy. And yes, to our more hearty bakers, I am a wuss when it comes to wildlife :)

DesertedCharmingAuk-small

Thanks! High Chair mouse would give me PTSD as well. I live in a semi-rural area. I currently have a bear in the yard along with the bedroom mouse. Since Covid shutdown, I have also had a tick in my arm, and a bat in the kitchen. I have had it with wildlife. Right about now I am ready to move to the Enclave in Glenview. I don't care how the arrange the cabinets or whether the handles are black, polished chrome or white plastic. :)

Ugh. I feel you. No mice here 🤞🏻 But we’re in a semi-rural area as well, and we have mountain lions. I’m pretty tired of the windy roads that wash out in the winter, constant fire threat in the summer/fall (California, heavily wooded area), lack of grocery delivery of any kind (nearest curbside pick up is about 25 minutes away). We’re seriously considering moving back to the Chicago burbs because that’s where family is, and with COVID travel concerns, we might not see them for a long time otherwise. I know I would miss the amazing scenic drive home (it’s beautiful and very soothing when the roads are in good shape and when weekend joyriders aren’t trying to kill themselves by pretending they’re playing Wipeout) and the quiet and just overall beautiful area... but I’m ready to get back to civilization 🙈

Sorry for the off-topic tangent :)

Edited by I Couldn't Resist - 7/12/2020, 08:51 AM

5.     +22   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    CC might be homesick for her old house. Now that they are all settled into the new place, it’s no longer vacation-like and she probably wants her “home” back. Possibly she misses Daddy. If she just got back to Jen’s house, she might not have wanted to leave her dad.

6.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Jen bought the house through a land trust. Her doing so does not benefit the Rosses, but adds an extra layer of protection to *her* new asset.

7.     +40   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    She deleted the trail of comments about losing 220 pounds from the video comments. Her bitchy response still lives here though.

8. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +22   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 7/12/2020, 06:01 PM) 
    She deleted the trail of comments about losing 220 pounds from the video comments. Her bitchy response still lives here though.

The Bakery never forgets.

9.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    QUOTE (Bones’ Doormat @ 7/12/2020, 05:48 PM) 
    CC might be homesick for her old house. Now that they are all settled into the new place, it’s no longer vacation-like and she probably wants her “home” back. Possibly she misses Daddy. If she just got back to Jen’s house, she might not have wanted to leave her dad.

Does Don's apartment complex have a pool and bbq/fire pit area? Jen's home could be a real bummer to "come home" too if so. Also could be the reason she got both the kiddie pool and fire pit, and playground set.... trying to keep up in a feeble attempt.

10.     +14   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bones’ Doormat @ 12/7/2020, 17:34) 
    QUOTE (NoLongerAvailable @ 12/7/2020, 14:59) 
    Do you think Don just got bored? Same decorations each year, same nutcracker performance each year, same “White Christmas” movie watching with popcorn and Zevia. Poop candy. Chocolate chippies. Paska. Utah. Her buying his “dad” clothes even before kids. She aged him so much before he was even that old.

Every rigid tradition the same every year for more than a decade. Not that traditions are bad, I just think the way she did them would eventually get old.

Eventually I picture Don on his iPad not caring, while she did this stuff around him and he checked out years ago. Golf was an escape. Work was an escape. Back surgery was an escape.

I think he wanted her to stop the frivolous shopping and spending and for them to start focusing on the kids.. their future college, cars, investments, savings accounts. Jen, who he taught to spend and created a monster, said no way...mine, mine, mine! She wouldn’t be controlled financially and wants to spend as she chooses. That’s really the only thing she got out of the divorce. Financial freedom. Everything else is a loss. Family dynamics, house, partnership, and it’s a public (YouTube) embarrassment. Even if she was over Don, she would have continue tolerating him for the sake of their rich lifestyle. And she LOVES routines. She did it want Don reallocating her spending money to the kids she didn’t even want in the first place. And the gifts and pretties she loved stopped.

I don’t think he cared about her spending. As others have said, he cared about her becoming an adult and actually being a mom. Yes, the excessive gifts might have stopped because he had an actual daughter to dote on instead of continuing their creepy 5-year-old-wife dynamic. But I don’t think he would have cared if she had engaged in some retail therapy.

I can also see him potentially being clueless about post-partum depression and maybe still expecting sex when she wasn’t up for it. I don’t think he’s a particularly sensitive guy, pretties and poetry aside. But I can also see Jen turning into a complete control freak about the kids (we saw as much in her pregnancy and baby update videos) and just completely ignoring them as a couple. I think that if she’d opened up (in a better way than sending a hysterical crying-over-milk YouTube video to the entire family) and asked for help, they might have had a chance. But between Don working more, needing surgery, and expecting/needing Jen to suddenly start pulling her weight, and her being resentful as hell about having to have the kids to begin with... it was only a matter of time.

I also think he might have seen that she wasn’t bonding with the kids. I had this theory from the beginning (unrelated to that troll’s birth control tracking “revelation”), he might have just finally seen through her act. It was obvious to so many of us that her “longing to have a child” story was fake, but he was smitten with her for so long that it took him a while to catch up. But once Charlotte was there... well, we’ve all seen the birth announcement video. Don is obviously smitten with Charlotte, and Jen is cradling Winnie, her favorite child. He’d have to be blind not to see it.

11.     +27   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 7/12/2020, 12:01 PM) 

yay that means she saw the comments from people telling her to do better :clapping-hands-above-head-smile

12.     +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (WhyAmIHere @ 12/7/2020, 18:06) 
    QUOTE (Bones’ Doormat @ 7/12/2020, 05:48 PM) 

Does Don's apartment complex have a pool and bbq/fire pit area? Jen's home could be a real bummer to "come home" too if so. Also could be the reason she got both the kiddie pool and fire pit, and playground set.... trying to keep up in a feeble attempt.

His apartment complex is pretty swanky. I’m pretty sure I saw more than one grill in the common area. Not sure about pool... but it wouldn’t surprise me. They do have a golf simulator room, which probably sold him on the place 🤣

Edit: Yes, it does have an outdoor pool, and what looks like a bocce ball area? If I were those kids, I'd hate coming back to a smoky vegan s'more experience too.

I showed those instagram stories to my husband, and he was shocked at how unhappy Charlotte looked. Yes, it could've been just a 4-year-old being tired and cranky, but she looks so despondent 😞 I'm kinda hoping that both kids gave Jen hell with bedtime meltdowns after being outside with a fire in that heat.

Edited by I Couldn't Resist - 7/12/2020, 09:18 AM

13.     +19   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm sure the nostril flaring was EPIC yesterday.

14.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I can see the daddy/daughter role-playing origins—

Don: Jennifer, honey, I would love to start a family. Could we try for a baby?

Jen (baby voice in full swing): But we haaaave Winnie. Don’t you love her?

Don: Of course I do! But I want a child of my own, too. Especially a son who will follow in my footsteps. Please?

Jen: I’ll be your baby! You can read stories to me, buy me lots of dolls and stuffies, and spoil me rotten! Am I not enough for you? [pouting]

Don: Okay, honey. I can be your daddy. For now. (Walks away defeated. All leading up to Tosh and the hedgehog (?) book.)

Edited by GrownUpStickerBook - 7/12/2020, 12:25 PM

15.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (zizizouzou @ 12/7/2020, 15:41) 
    Look at those 1%er kids, sitting on those 99%er cheap camping chairs, on a depressing looking concrete floor and sad looking lawn. :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

Yeah... you have to wonder how they’re feeling about being yanked from their cushy 1% life in their nice McMansion on the golf course w/ a gorgeous backyard in a beautiful, secluded neighborhood w/ a lovely little park to where they’re sitting now in a cheaply updated McMansion wannabe w/ depressing views, ugly yard, & cracked 99%-er sidewalks & back patios.

In messing up her own life, Jen managed to really mess up her kids’ lives too.

902 replies since 12/7/2020, 03:56   108822 views