Coffee with Kate/Life at Home Taoist Style/Kate Singh

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    The boys should have their own rooms now.

2. Cinnamon Roll
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Ellen Smith @ 9/12/2020, 10:19 AM) 

Probably so, but doubtful that will happen.

3. Cupcakecutiepie

User deleted

I shared a room with my older sister all through growing up...it was great fun! Many good memories and we're still pretty close. I dont think it matters much either way.

*** I'm not at all suddenly pro kate. But if a parent is going to contribute to the family income and needs a work from home office, many were forced into this very situation over the past few months with covid. I would never begrudge a working from home parent that needed space. It may keep a roof over their heads.

Times are changing fast. We're seeing much more working from home. As we watch the financial picture change from month to month, we may see the need for change in family unit structure. May even see more multi generation family homes. More may move in together to save expenses. Multiple kids sharing a bedroom may become a thing again if granny and gramps or aunties and uncles may need to share household costs to make it.

4. BakeryYenta

User deleted

QUOTE (Cinnamon Roll @ 9/12/2020, 05:13 PM) 
    QUOTE (Ellen Smith @ 9/12/2020, 10:19 AM) 

What are everyone's thoughts on her co-sleeping with them at this age? It's something she's talked openly about on her old videos, saying it's an Indian thing.

5.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BakeryYenta @ 12/9/2020, 17:50) 

What are everyone's thoughts on her co-sleeping with them at this age? It's something she's talked openly about on her old videos, saying it's an Indian thing.

Co-sleeping doesn't bother me. I've done it with my daughter when her anxiety is high. My kids have separate rooms but my son often prefers to grab his sleeping bag and fall asleep on big sis's floor. They're best friends even though they're 4 years apart.

6. Cupcakecutiepie

User deleted

QUOTE (BakeryYenta @ 12/9/2020, 17:50) 

Im mixed about it. Probably not comfortable at their ages. We only occasionally let our kiddos in if they were sick or had a nightmare. My kids were so fidgety I never got much sleep if they we there. It didnt happen often. I couldn't do it nightly. It may be very cultural. For those of you who do it, how do you deal with nookie? My hubby would NOT allow it long term at.all.

7. Cinnamon Roll

User deleted

Sorry, don't feel that older children belong in the parents' bed. Not healthy, imho.

Understandable if the child is an infant or young toddler. But eventually they need to learn to sleep on their own. The parents' sex life should not be so affected by the children. Then you are ignoring the importance of physical closeness in your marriage and it will take a toll. Just sayin'.

8.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    New thread: https://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net/?t=61853385

1057 replies since 13/8/2020, 00:56   122432 views