UnintentionallyObnoxiousWhileTakingABreakFromDoingNothingLikeJen PT 178

« Older   Newer »

1. Rory0425
        +3   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (I Couldn't Resist @ 19/8/2020, 23:57) 
    QUOTE (martiniflightlikedon @ 8/19/2020, 02:42 PM) 
    I sort of see what you're saying about Mr Rogers but he was speaking to children, who do need to hear that they're great just the way they are

Yup, I don't think he was saying that we're meant to keep thinking we're just great all the time *as we grow up*. Jen missed that memo.

Thank you for the kind thoughts and well-wishes everyone! :hug:

We truly are fine for the moment. The fires are scary and the winds are picking up, but our side of town received its mandatory evacuation notice out of abundance of caution (at least for now). There was a small fire that had to be put out about a mile away from our house, but it's completely out. It looks like the firefighters are *really* on top of any small fires that embers from the big ones may start. And of course they're doing all they can to contain the big blaze. Some of the fires are merging and the nearby state park (beautiful redwoods!) may be in a lot of trouble. A few people in the area have already lost their homes.

And we're very fortunate in that we could just pick up and drop into a good hotel nearby (not Trumpy level of good–but that's just fine with us) and not worry too much about the bill or having to drop some money on necessities we didn't pack. So... yeah. It's good to be reminded of what's important.

PSA: If you live in an area where you might need to evacuate on a short notice (hello, fellow Californians), please remember to update your kit with COVID-era necessities: hand sanitizer, extra masks and filters, N95s for smoke if you have them and your emergencies could involve smoke.

Praying for you all to be safe! 💖

890 replies since 15/8/2020, 01:00   117266 views