UnintentionallyObnoxiousWhileTakingABreakFromDoingNothingLikeJen PT 178

« Older   Newer »

1.     +24   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I think most Bakers know this, but my mother died somewhat unexpectedly when I was 6 months pregnant with my son
    I never got to see her be a Grandmom
    She would've been amazing
    But we had a troubled relationship - starting from when I was a teenager
    I know mothers and daughters often do - it's something I'm hyper aware of with my own daughters

My husband says his Mom is so much different with our kids than she was with him, which is interesting that other people seem to have similar experiences

2.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    martiniflightlikedon :hug:

3.     Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 8/18/2020, 11:46 AM) 
    Utah Bingo

*Spa Day (check)

Are we assuming she's at the Lodge for the spa? Could it be a visit to the restaurant with "the fam"? The lunch menu seems to have some passable not-vegan-but-mostly-plant-based-oh-look-honey options. Or is the deck she's showing something she'd have access to from the spa? 🤷🏻‍♀️

4.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I'm sure she's at the spa because they usually only go there together for the brunch (which I'm assuming is on the weekend)

5. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +8   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 8/18/2020, 09:12 PM) 
    QUOTE (Lucky_Me @ 18/8/2020, 21:01) 
    I bet no craft fair and no pic of the kids climbing the loftice ladder, thanks to the pandemic and her room change. And maybe no Brad Pittington because it would involve Don and meat.

Yup. I’m not too sure about Suzz with a drink either but having some long shots makes it fun.

She’s so damn predictable

In my mind, Jen is lurking here and playing along.

Come on, Jen... show us Bradley next!

6.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (martiniflightlikedon @ 18/8/2020, 22:20) 
    I think most Bakers know this, but my mother died somewhat unexpectedly when I was 6 months pregnant with my son
    I know mothers and daughters often do - it's something I'm hyper aware of with my own daughters

My husband says his Mom is so much different with our kids than she was with him, which is interesting that other people seem to have similar experiences

Oh martiniflight I didn’t know, I’m sorry that happened right at that time of your life. Despite everything I’m sure you’d have loved to have witnessed her with your children. I’m so sorry 😢 :animated-smileys-hug-011:
    (It would have been right when my first was a newborn so I wasn’t checking in much. That’s not something I would ever forget about you 🤍)

7. Bunion of Fury
        +10   Like  

User deleted

Never mind Bradley. We re still waiting for frontal Don in all his ball-less glory and the family dining table. Even though we all know it will never happen because the utah trip is a major fail for Jen...but she will never admit it.

8.     +8   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    Sorry Martini :hug:

My mom is a very disinterested Grandparent yet she thinks she’s amazing :rolleyes: She was a good mom. Not great, not bad.

My MIL is an overbearing grandparent (but per my husband was the same type of Mother). Fortunately she’s more focused on my SIL and her kids.

It’s very much one extreme to the other here. Both have good hearts but it just manifests so differently.

My goal as a parent was to be like neither one yet find a happy medium. I have a very good relationship with my late teen son and he agrees that he wouldn’t change anything so I guess we are doing something right.

9.     +5   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous

I didn't know this Martini. I'm so sorry. :hug:

10.     +10   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    My MIL never showed much interest in being a grandmother to my kids. She spent all her time with her favorite son's kids.
    I'm hoping I'm a better MIL than she is.

11.     +16   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen really deserved a bitch MIL. Instead, she got SuzyCAW.

12.     +9   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I’ve been a mom, a grandmother, and a grandmother acting as mom. Each child sees me differently depending on a lot of variables. One has said horrible things to me and made accusations that were untrue. The others love me—when they aren’t rolling their eyes at me. Parenthood is hard.

I had a decent relationship with my mom, but I did take things personally when I probably shouldn’t have. (However, I do know some moms can really be critical, and that sucks.) Generally speaking, I just think moms and daughters clash. I never had a son. I hear they mostly idolize their mothers. I feel cheated. :b_wink:

martiniflightlikedon I’m so sorry you lost your mom at a time you probably needed her most.

13.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Emily updated her profile pic yesterday on FB. Farmer Jeff's bf commented that they miss them. Can anyone tell where she is? Is that Chicago in the back?

14.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Todolovethebaby2 @ 8/18/2020, 10:52 PM) 

Oh martiniflight I didn’t know, I’m sorry that happened right at that time of your life. Despite everything I’m sure you’d have loved to have witnessed her with your children. I’m so sorry 😢 :animated-smileys-hug-011:
    (It would have been right when my first was a newborn so I wasn’t checking in much. That’s not something I would ever forget about you 🤍)

Thank you so much ToDo - that really means a lot to me. It's been very hard not having my own mom to talk to about Motherhood, but I was happy that she left at least knowing I was going to be a mom myself.
    We're all convinced she sent us the twin girls, so I know she's with me always

15.     +6   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    martiniflightlikedon :hug:

890 replies since 15/8/2020, 01:00   117265 views