UnintentionallyObnoxiousWhileTakingABreakFromDoingNothingLikeJen PT 178

« Older   Newer »

1. Clueless
        +16   Like  

User deleted

I guess my blood pressure was feeling too low and I needed the spike, so I searched out some online writing of Glennon the Gaslighter.

This did the trick. I'm flippin' mad right now.

"A well-known parenting magazine recently asked me to write an advice column for them. "About what?" I asked. "About how to raise happier kids," they answered. "Jeeeeez," I responded, "I don't know. I think the kids are all right. I'd rather help make mamas happier."

2.     +18   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Clueless @ 8/19/2020, 11:24 PM) 
    I guess my blood pressure was feeling too low and I needed the spike, so I searched out some online writing of Glennon the Gaslighter.

This did the trick. I'm flippin' mad right now.

"A well-known parenting magazine recently asked me to write an advice column for them. "About what?" I asked. "About how to raise happier kids," they answered. "Jeeeeez," I responded, "I don't know. I think the kids are all right. I'd rather help make mamas happier."

Just what the world needs. Another navel gazing narcissist teaching other moms how to be navel gazing narcissists.

3.     +34   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Glennon is a plague

4.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    Mr. Rogers in his own sweet way might be heavily responsible for the ‘I’m already great, just the way I am, no need for improvements here’ generation.

Glennon, in her insatiable need to focus solely on what she wants, and any contrary opinion to what she wants is gaslighting, might just finish the job.

What on earth happened to teamwork, partnership, common goals, self sacrifice, and humility?

5. Bunion of Fury
        +11   Like  

User deleted

Y'all...I ll be back soon, I am going to abandon myself at Saks. Taking my BMW SUV, husband's money in my wallet and walking pharmacy with backup panty with me. I am so dead inside, for sure going back to my million dollar mansion with my new Louis Vuiton in tow will make me feel alive again. Having an existential crisis is hard y'all. I have so much afforded to me, my biggest problem is how to spend it. But yeah, this death inside me...ugh. feel sorry for me, please, thoughts and prayers appreciated. By the way, did you know that when you do the prayer pose in the sunlight, your 2kt Tifany ring makes rainbows? So cool! I needed a rainbow today. So dead...inside...help...we all need a rainbow.
    Bye now.

6.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ConfusedLikeJen @ 19/8/2020, 22:35) 
    How exactly does Jen think she abandoned herself??????

She had everything and anything she wanted. She bought whatever she wanted plus back-ups.

The woman had no boundaries whatsoever. She was not prevented from doing anything she wanted to do whenever she wanted to do it.

So - what did she abandon?
    It is beyond me.

By the by : It has always surprised me that she hasn't bought herself a Peloton.

Isn’t the point of a Peloton to have “classes” with other people? Jen just needs Jen.

Thinking of you, I Couldn’t Resist!

7.     +9   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    What a crock of shite. That concludes my book review.

8.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Bunion of Fury
    Don’t forget your Glennon Doyle trademarked back up underpants. You never know what hellish experience Saks has in store for you. Missing wallet boxes might just be the tip of the iceberg!

9.     +19   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Good Ol’ Suze @ 8/19/2020, 11:32 PM) 
    Mr. Rogers in his own sweet way might be heavily responsible for the ‘I’m already great, just the way I am, no need for improvements here’ generation.

Glennon, in her insatiable need to focus solely on what she wants, and any contrary opinion to what she wants is gaslighting, might just finish the job.

What on earth happened to teamwork, partnership, common goals, self sacrifice, and humility?

I sort of see what you're saying about Mr Rogers but he was speaking to children, who do need to hear that they're great just the way they are

10.     +9   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    martiniflightlikedon

I think Mr Rogers was lovely. I just think that a large group of people forgot to progress beyond that self affirmation.

11.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 19/8/2020, 22:24) 
    How is that inspiring? That’s Sylvia Plath level shit right there.

Maybe she should stick her head in the oven too?

12. BackupPersona
        +11   Like  

User deleted

I know a woman that’s super into Glennon. She has an eating disorder and constantly talks about it on social media along with her anxiety and depression struggles. She CANNOT keep friends for some reason. She’s always shitquoting and changing her persona to what is trendy. And along with it changes her home decor. Wow now that I think of it, she’s also somewhat of a hoarder!

13.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    It's obvious she, has no idea who she is. But I must admit I find it rather peculiar that women who read GD stuff run right to the divorce lawyers office. I'm thinking of Rachel Hollis, who shared on IG she was reading GD's book... a few months later, she and her husband announced they were getting a divorce. They like J and D tried to put on a happy shiny show...but there was more going on behind the scenes.

You can't experience real love, if you are not be ready to give and compromise with another person. If she wants to focus only on her needs, it's best for her to stay single and alone.

If anything, I wish she would have an original thought, rather than posting crap phrases and statements that make absolutely no sense.

She also needs to rebrand. She is no longer living pretty or neat. She needs to move into the Birkenstock, oat milk drinking, I'm sorta vegan space. I can't watch her any more.

Edited by Oh My Goodness Gracie - 8/20/2020, 12:00 AM

14.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I Couldn't Resist I am so sorry you have to deal with that. I was just saying a couple of weeks ago how envious I am of you for living there! It could happen here so easily. We live in a valley surrounded by mountains with only 2 ways out so it would be very hectic if we had to evacuate. It's super dry right now and we have about 200,00 acres on fire across the state. The smoke from a fire 200 miles away woke me up in the middle of the night it was so strong. I keep saying I need to create a bug out bag and I never do.

I hope your house is fine, and most of all, that you guys stay safe!

15.     +13   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (martiniflightlikedon @ 8/19/2020, 02:42 PM) 
    QUOTE (Good Ol’ Suze @ 8/19/2020, 11:32 PM) 

I sort of see what you're saying about Mr Rogers but he was speaking to children, who do need to hear that they're great just the way they are

Yup, I don't think he was saying that we're meant to keep thinking we're just great all the time *as we grow up*. Jen missed that memo.

Thank you for the kind thoughts and well-wishes everyone! :hug:

We truly are fine for the moment. The fires are scary and the winds are picking up, but our side of town received its mandatory evacuation notice out of abundance of caution (at least for now). There was a small fire that had to be put out about a mile away from our house, but it's completely out. It looks like the firefighters are *really* on top of any small fires that embers from the big ones may start. And of course they're doing all they can to contain the big blaze. Some of the fires are merging and the nearby state park (beautiful redwoods!) may be in a lot of trouble. A few people in the area have already lost their homes.

And we're very fortunate in that we could just pick up and drop into a good hotel nearby (not Trumpy level of good–but that's just fine with us) and not worry too much about the bill or having to drop some money on necessities we didn't pack. So... yeah. It's good to be reminded of what's important.

PSA: If you live in an area where you might need to evacuate on a short notice (hello, fellow Californians), please remember to update your kit with COVID-era necessities: hand sanitizer, extra masks and filters, N95s for smoke if you have them and your emergencies could involve smoke.

890 replies since 15/8/2020, 01:00   117266 views