1.     +17   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    Oh My Goodness Gracie

I agree with rebranding. What she lacks is self awareness and honesty.

I think if she had announced the divorce, instead of letting it trickle out, and just stated they had grown apart but would be working as a team for the children, no one would have faulted her.

There are plenty of followers who find Don gag worthy, and would understood completely.

No need to hide the new house. No need to shade Don. No one would be appalled by traveling together to Utah.

She just thought her fake narrative was somehow more appealing than the truth. And she completely miscalculated.

2.     +19   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Jen wants to be deep because she secretly knows she is a vacuous loser
    Glennon makes her feel deep

3.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 8/19/2020, 11:53 AM) 
    I would like to see before and after pictures of women after they've read Untamed.

I don't know. The ones I've seen scared me!

4.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (KerryGold @ 8/19/2020, 03:13 PM) 
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 8/19/2020, 11:53 AM) 
    I would like to see before and after pictures of women after they've read Untamed.

I don't know. The ones I've seen scared me!

I wonder if they are going to notice that they have switched from societal expectations to Glennon’s expectations?

5.     +38   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    friends has this been posted in regards to Jen?

lolzz

I think it has but oh well. enjoy it again :lol:

6.     +6   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Kushcolorado @ 8/19/2020, 02:56 PM) 
    I Couldn't Resist I am so sorry you have to deal with that. I was just saying a couple of weeks ago how envious I am of you for living there! It could happen here so easily. We live in a valley surrounded by mountains with only 2 ways out so it would be very hectic if we had to evacuate. It's super dry right now and we have about 200,00 acres on fire across the state. The smoke from a fire 200 miles away woke me up in the middle of the night it was so strong. I keep saying I need to create a bug out bag and I never do.

I hope your house is fine, and most of all, that you guys stay safe!

Do it. Seriously. These things turn on a dime. We honestly didn't have our act together enough in terms of having full 3 days worth of clothes and current toiletries, and I wish we had kept it more updated, especially with COVID stuff.

Worst (or best?) case scenario, you'll have a suitcase in your closet that you'll never need to use.

7.     +14   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I take Glennon Doyle with a generous spoonful of salt, the same way I take Rachel Hollis and Brene Brown. They aren't all wrong, but in the end, they are selling something.

Full disclosure, I've read all of Glennon's books. She was a bulimic, black out drunk, who accidentally got pregnant and then got married because of it. Untamed is just her making her midlife crisis, or identity crisis, as deep as she can without calling it what it is. But for the most part, it's her personal story and I appreciate her leaving the warts and all aspects in.

The irony of Jen sharing this is that other than being sort-of-but-not-really vegan, she literally has not changed since she and Don split up. There's no signs of midlife crisis or identity crisis. She is still a kept woman, she is still a shopaholic, she is still lazy (if anything, she's lazier now) and she still lives a sheltered, groundhog day life. She still pretends that she likes her kids.

Perhaps she was pretending that their marriage was good when, for whatever reason, it wasn't. But other than typical "maturing" that usually comes with having children or just getting older (less doing makeup, less jewelry, no more outfit of the day, not pretending to use her hundreds of handbags/no longer amassing more handbags, etc.) as a person - based on what she shows us - she's no different. She's no less "tamed." That's the reason we're able to play Utah bingo - because there's nothing different!

8.     +31   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    Mr Rogers was telling all the kids who had Glennon type moms that they are ok as they are. In other words, it’s not you kids, it’s your bat shit crazy mom :snickering:

9.     +16   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I wonder how Jen will feel/react when The Mop dies? Will she feel true pain?

We lost one of our kitties 2 weeks ago and we are devastated. We don’t need to post shitquotes about it to prove we have have feelings. We are heartbroken.

Fuck off with your shitquotes, sunrises and sunsets, Jen.

10.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Apparently Adele is saying glennon helped her to sort her feelings out and helped her to lose the weight .

11.     +19   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Also, what Jen is the real Jen? Pick a vlog from pre-CC and you might see her coming back from a beading class in Evanston, or those five seconds when she was a knitter. Was that the real Jen? What about Tone It Up Jen, or was that Jen tamed? The one who spent an hour and a half over two videos showing off all of her purses and wallets, real or not? The Jen who whined about getting Christmas decorations done? Sugar free Jen? Donut Saturday? Princess at Disney, or bidnuss wady? The Jen who covered her Erin Condren planner in a million stickers or bullet journal Jen?

The thing is, Jen has never had a true identity past girl who amasses all the things, claims to be busy without actually getting much done, and doesn't stick with anything for very long. So it would be extremely helpful to her followers if she'd specify which part of herself she supposedly abandoned.

12. Bunion of Fury
        +22   Like  

User deleted

GD seems to be giving a lot of lost soul an excuse to blame everyone but themselves. "It s not me it s you, it's them..."
    So she takes the accountability out of the poor lost souls, something they were incapable of to begin with, and gives them permission to be selfish twats.
    She is basically telling them, don't change. They need to change, not you.
    Dangerous on so many levels yet so appealing to borderline personality disorders. Just what they need, affirmations that they are the way they are because everybody around them has failed them. It was never their fault.

13.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (somebunny @ 20/8/2020, 00:36) 
    Also, what Jen is the real Jen? Pick a vlog from pre-CC and you might see her coming back from a beading class in Evanston, or those five seconds when she was a knitter. Was that the real Jen? What about Tone It Up Jen, or was that Jen tamed? The one who spent an hour and a half over two videos showing off all of her purses and wallets, real or not? The Jen who whined about getting Christmas decorations done? Sugar free Jen? Donut Saturday? Princess at Disney, or bidnuss wady? The Jen who covered her Erin Condren planner in a million stickers or bullet journal Jen?

The thing is, Jen has never had a true identity past girl who amasses all the things, claims to be busy without actually getting much done, and doesn't stick with anything for very long. So it would be extremely helpful to her followers if she'd specify which part of herself she supposedly abandoned.

The part that had to take someone else’s thoughts and feelings into account to any degree.

14.     +16   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bunion of Fury @ 20/8/2020, 00:37) 
    GD seems to be giving a lot of lost soul an excuse to blame everyone but themselves. "It s not me it s you, it's them..."
    So she takes the accountability out of the poor lost souls, something they were incapable of to begin with, and gives them permission to be selfish twats.
    She is basically telling them, don't change. They need to change, not you.
    Dangerous on so many levels yet so appealing to borderline personality disorders. Just what they need, affirmations that they are the way they are because everybody around them has failed them. It was never their fault.

Agreed. The old saying that comes to mind is something like “if you run into an asshole one morning, he’s an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.”

GD tells readers/followers that it’s fine to be an asshole because the fault lies with everyone else.

I prefer Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins. Look within and change yourself. Change yourself, change your world.

15.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Whodunnit @ 8/19/2020, 04:23 PM) 
    I don't think I've ever seen on of her threads so stagnate. Jen, just dooooooo something.

Well we can always flip back to discussing counter tops! :funny_dancing_stickman_smiley_e

890 replies since 15/8/2020, 01:00   117265 views