UnintentionallyObnoxiousWhileTakingABreakFromDoingNothingLikeJen PT 178

« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PretentiousNeuroticLiving @ 18/8/2020, 08:33) 
    QUOTE (ShiseidoCottonPad @ 18/8/2020, 07:21) 
    I actually thought of Jen while listening to Michelle Obama's speech tonight. It's funny- they both went through high school in the Chicago area. One black and decidedly working class, the other white and economically privileged.

It's like a reversal of fortunes.

And, I wonder if the key difference is not in a million years would Michelle or the Robinson family tolerate the self-indulgent drivel that Jen posted earlier. So- go ahead, focus on your own happiness, Jen, and continue down the road to ruin.

I just imagined Jen explaining to Michelle why life was so difficult for her as a struggling, vegan, single mama after divorcing her non-vegan cash cow

And I can just imagine the look Michelle would give her! I loved her speech and the shade she threw at what's his face. Wonder if he needs some aloe for his burns!

2.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    Poopsie

I fully expect you to work your way through the east wall of the wine cellar this week!!

Edited by Good Ol’ Suze - 8/18/2020, 07:31 AM

3.     +6   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Poopsie @ 18/8/2020, 13:00) 
    Great news, Bakers!
    My COVID test was negative!
    Break out the Hendricks, it’s martini time!
    -DKR II

Yay, Poopsie! 🤗🥳💖

4.     +10   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Don : Try to say it in an adult way. :7043:

Maybe he didn't like Jen's baby talk after all. Creepy.

QUOTE (HonoraryMelissa @ 8/18/2020, 08:14 AM) 
    I am rewatching the Jen back catalog and came across one of the creepiest interactions between Jen and Don and I had to share. She is baby talking to him while sitting on his lap in his office. So weird!!

Vlogust 2012, Day 18: Laundry & Hot Tub Maintenance
    It starts with a tour of his office starting around 9:00

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q4u--PBoG8

5.     +4   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 18/8/2020, 15:53) 
    I love you Bakers. There are a lot of very strong women here.

But don’t project your abilities to rise above onto Jen. She is not capable.

That is why she is still a stunted adult. She doesn’t want to change. And because of her life long coddling, she doesn’t have to. 10 years of “therapy” did NOTHING. How is that even possible? Because she doesn’t want to do the hard work. And everyone around her has always said “that’s ok Fragile One, you don’t have to...” You don’t need a job, you don’t need friends, have some more pretties, I’ll take the kids to school for you, sure you can come to Utah even though you are divorcing our son...

They are STILL coddling her, presumably because of the kids. But she doesn’t see it that way. She thinks they do it for her and only her.

She can shitquote all she wants about finding Joy but it’s never going to happen. She will manipulate until the day she dies because the people around her let her get away with.

IMG_4816

6.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (VirutalHug @ 18/8/2020, 11:46) 
    Also my mom has always been hyper-critical, passive-aggressive and unable to show emotions, stern face all the time. In the latest year, I came to the conclusion that she might have narcissistic traits.
    Whatever I did, she did better 20 years ago, still remembering those old and maybe unrelated experiences to prove she is the best ever and know best.
    The job I have is because of her, oh yes, because thanks to my parents' sacrifices I could go to university.Thank you mom to have passed all the exams! and thank you mom if my interview was successful and I have a career!
    So, it's HER merit.
    She buys the same t-shirt but smaller, to make you understand she is thinner, and you are so fat. She never ever worked out of her house one day in her life, but she knows how corporate work or office work is. Examples are so many I could write a book.
    She is minding my son at the moment, cause all preschools are closed and we can't afford a babysitter ( my husband has been on layoffs for COVID since March, but now is back out there, finally and luckily)
    My son adores her and she shows affection to him in a way that surprises me.

I am the one providing for my family at the moment because due to my husband layoffs, our money has decreased and we can't buy our own house anymore, rent paid and expenses paid, food on the table, clean clothes and possibly clean house (at least, the bed is made every morning!)

I'm physically disabled since birth due to a medical error during delivery. Thank you doctors!
    I can do most things, but I have limitations. Yet, I am here. I do my things every day.

Last night I had a back pain I could barely lift a bottle of water, my husband cooked dinner while minding our son. I was in pain, yet I managed to clean the kitchen afterwards, and prepare lunch for my office lunch break today.
    I was so ragey and frustrated thinking about our Jen and you know what? I considered, that all in all, she is so clever, she understood how to win a free golden ticket, without having to worry a day in her useless life, without knowing how it is to work 8 hours, go home and have all the things to do, plus a whining hungry toddler whose favourite current word is NO!

Sorry ladies (and gents) end of pity party/ rant.

My mom became a different person after becoming a grandmother.

She’s a very selfish grandmother (jealous of any attention that my mother-in-law receives) & wants/needs to be the #1 grandmother, but she’s a completely different grandmother to my kids than she was a mother to me.

And, if I’m honest w/ myself, I’m bitter about it.

7.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Italy. The country of art, good taste and good food! Nothing that Jen is aware of.

Status
    Anonymous
    SmoothiesLikeLily

Oh yes, my mom is so different now after becoming a grandmother.
    She actually shows affection and laughs at the silly things my son does (hardly remember her laughing, she was often cold and detached, not generous, bored quickly and short tempered) always kisses and carries my son in her arms, gives him any food he wants anytime. She hardly buys him anything, I can count on one hand the gifts she gave him. But it doesn't matter, as long as she is helping us. He adores her.

My mother-in-law. I LOVE her. She is bubbly, generous, super energetic and so positive. No wonder my mom can't stand her, sadly.
    My MIL is more than a mother to me than my own mother and she loves spending time with her nephew, not to mention all the useful gifts she buys him (you know, it was on SALE! is her typical sentence), and with this excuse, she gets diapers, clothes, toys (helping us with our budget). Oftentimes, on Saturdays she offers to come and pick him up, so that me and my husband can have lunch together or simply rest, or clean the house. Nothing fancy.
    Bless her heart.

My husband and I always say that my mom is level 0 empathy or warmth and my MIL is totally opposite 100% everything.

8. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +4   Like  

User deleted

Erin Busbee just posted this video, and I immediately thought of Jen, Queen of Frumpy Footwear. :lol:

9.     +12   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    I hate everything about that denim jacket she’s wearing in that video :snickering:

10.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Making myself feel better by spewing negativity

Status
    Anonymous
    I can't get past the distressing on the arm. I was looking at it and thinking it wouldn't be THAT bad if she put the collar down, and then the mess on the arm hit me.

OMG, it's $320. What the fuck?! That brand also sells a fashionably distressed diaper for $200, if anyone is in the market for one.

11.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    What the actual fuck???

12.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    How do we inform a mod of a (super duper) inappropriate comment. Not on this room... but I knew this room would know!

13.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Between that jacket and recommending golden goose sneakers. No thanks.

14.     Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Ohplease5 @ 18/8/2020, 12:24) 
    How do we inform a mod of a (super duper) inappropriate comment. Not on this room... but I knew this room would know!

:thumbs-up:

15.     +33   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I've recently been re-watching the first episodes of Sex & the City.. OF COURSE Jen thinks she's a Charlotte, super pretty (haha) brunette, naive and romantic, expert in Arts, in the big city, looking for a rich guy to marry, what could go wrong?!

(I'm not good at making this stuff but I had to try for this hahaha)
    Attached Image
    meme

890 replies since 15/8/2020, 01:00   117265 views