https://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net...4&st=30#newpost

2.     +5   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Lots of INFJ’s here. :D I’m also Aquarius, but nothing like Jen. I think she fakes a personality 24/7. Like holding up a mask.

3.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Depl @ 10/7/2020, 06:54 PM) 
    INFJ here.

I find it hard to see Jen as an INFJ but maybe I'm missing something.

What is INFJ???

4.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (VirutalHug @ 7/10/2020, 17:20) 
    For the life of me, I don't understand this planning thing. I know this topic has been discussed profusely here before, but boy, every time I see those planners/ Grownup sticker books I shake my head.

When I was living on my own, I used the habit tracker method to budget my money and monitor my spending which helped a lot for my savings. I also tried the bullet journal thing on an old notebook but it was too much time consuming and I couldn't get passionate about it, I just enjoy watching what others do, specially the artsy ones. When I was in high school studying art history and all art subjects with live drawing practice, I was a lot more creative and it was a thing back then decorating our school diaries with so much art and creativity, and I had fun creating collages, but back then it was just a creative outlet, I didn't know I was creating what they call now a vision board.
    I had a lot of fun, but again, I was in high school.

Nowadays with a job, house, family etc...it's a waste of time. I also gave up my calligraphy hobby as soon as my son was born. I tried to start again during lock down but I couldn't as my son was glued to me all the time.

I can't help but think that the planner thing is for high schoolers.
    :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

The more elaborate and complicated the planner, the less things the person actually has going on.

5.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I need a planner. I keep losing my to-do lists. I just need a place to write down all the crap I have to keep up with. I don't need stickers or anything like that.

6.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (The Wookie @ 7/10/2020, 19:42) 
    I need a planner. I keep losing my to-do lists. I just need a place to write down all the crap I have to keep up with. I don't need stickers or anything like that.

A bullet journal would be great for you then, basically a list of things you cross off, move forward or cancel. Jen over complicated hers, then stole bohoberrys artsy stuff

7. Popppp

User deleted

QUOTE (RikkiJones59 @ 7/10/2020, 19:03) 
    QUOTE (Depl @ 10/7/2020, 06:54 PM) 
    INFJ here.

I find it hard to see Jen as an INFJ but maybe I'm missing something.

What is INFJ???

?????? No clue 😂

8.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Sorry if I offend, but real professional, busy people dont use frickin planners with stickers... They use MS Outlook or Teams and sync with their phone app. Reminders are set as alerts.... That simple.

9.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    INFJ is a Myers Briggs personality type, one of 16.

VH, you aren't the only one who doesn't see the use of planners or bullet journals. I use a calendar (others call it a day planner but that reminds me of the old days of Filofaxes & that's not what I'm talking about; what I have is small enough to carry around in a bag) for everything in my personal life. Work life stuff goes on Google Calendar, end of story. I'll make lists when I feel overwhelmed but I like the "KISS" philosophy, Keep It Simple, Stupid :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

And I do have artistic and creative outlets so that's not my issue either. I can't get on the planner bandwagon, sorry.

10.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Gossip Rags to Riches @ 7/10/2020, 20:16) 
    INFJ is a Myers Briggs personality type, one of 16.

VH, you aren't the only one who doesn't see the use of planners or bullet journals. I use a calendar (others call it a day planner but that reminds me of the old days of Filofaxes & that's not what I'm talking about; what I have is small enough to carry around in a bag) for everything in my personal life. Work life stuff goes on Google Calendar, end of story. I'll make lists when I feel overwhelmed but I like the "KISS" philosophy, Keep It Simple, Stupid :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

And I do have artistic and creative outlets so that's not my issue either. I can't get on the planner bandwagon, sorry.

In the UK, we call your calender a diary, a calender you hang on the wall.

11.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    QUOTE (KayTee @ 10/7/2020, 06:25 PM) 
    Jen as “peacemaker” is part of her caged Glennon Doyle persona where she claims she was oppressed (even if that oppression was the result of conforming herself to societal norms).

It’s the BS that currently works for her.

Ah, ok so now I see how she can reconcile the two. Peacemaker is a gentle soul who gets taken advantage of by big meanies (Don) and then has to learn to be untamed but still have than caring gentle soul without being taken advantage of. In other words, someone else's fault.

12.     +10   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I work a full time job, a part time job and do freelance social media and marketing work and I have zero planners. I live and die by Outlook. No shade to anyone who prefers to keep track of things by hand, I did for a long time, but no one who is actually busy has 7 planners.

13.     +6   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    No one should be offended if they use planners like Erin Condren with stickers or with out. I totally get that Some people need Paper planners or wall calendars to track family stuff, dr appts, dentist, sports, PTO meetings, some of those things need to carry over into work calendars, so things don’t cross over and make a scheduling mess. Some of those “spreads” With not white showing are nuts. As someone up thread said, how do you even know what you are doing? But a lot of people can do it, who am I to say it is right or wrong? I guess I am a peacemaker!When I worked, there were no stickers, I used red ink for important stuff. I am such a loser!

14.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (VirutalHug @ 7/10/2020, 17:20) 
    For the life of me, I don't understand this planning thing. I know this topic has been discussed profusely here before, but boy, every time I see those planners/ Grownup sticker books I shake my head.

When I was living on my own, I used the habit tracker method to budget my money and monitor my spending which helped a lot for my savings. I also tried the bullet journal thing on an old notebook but it was too much time consuming and I couldn't get passionate about it, I just enjoy watching what others do, specially the artsy ones. When I was in high school studying art history and all art subjects with live drawing practice, I was a lot more creative and it was a thing back then decorating our school diaries with so much art and creativity, and I had fun creating collages, but back then it was just a creative outlet, I didn't know I was creating what they call now a vision board.
    I had a lot of fun, but again, I was in high school.

Nowadays with a job, house, family etc...it's a waste of time. I also gave up my calligraphy hobby as soon as my son was born. I tried to start again during lock down but I couldn't as my son was glued to me all the time.

I can't help but think that the planner thing is for high schoolers.
    :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

I think it depends on your tastes and needs.

I have a bullet journal - no deco, and I don't do daily pages because I don't use to-do lists for stuff I need to do on a given day. But to some, it's useful. So, some days, all I do is look at the month's page to see if I have an appointment, and then set it down. Other days, I journal or take reading notes in it, because those types of things I use.

Same goes with planners - some people need to do lists. Others don't and use it as a journal or scrapbook.

Time required to do it is very personal. I agree that most ladies that do the very elaborate or stickerified planners videos or IG with nothing but "do laundry" or "self-care" in it probably aren't super busy, or are more playing around at building pretty pages (which, well, it's not productive, but as hobbies go, why not?), but - most people spend a lot of time on Youtube, TV, streaming... that's a lot of hours you can use for hobbies if video isn't your thing.

15.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    In my new kitchen playing with my new plants in their new planters on my new counters in my new home that D*** bought me

Status
    Anonymous
    Hey!!!! I'm a Libra/Scorpio cusp and also an INFJ! :)

Also for those who use planners for real life things, which planner works for you? I've never been able to find a planner that I liked and am weary of the ones that cost a fortune. Thanks for the recommendations in advance :)

899 replies since 3/10/2020, 17:22   98381 views