« Older   Newer »

1. Rory0425
        +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (The Wookie @ 10/10/2020, 18:34) 
    Parenting can feel like a thankless job. You do have to put your wants and needs to the side. You have a dependent human life that requires your attention. How many of us are trying to balance working full time from home and having a kid at doing virtual school at the same time? Jen has no clue. Her life is easy, but I don't envy it one bit.

Side note my sons made me cry a couple weeks ago. They are in a special needs small group at our church and meet once a week through Zoom. During a round table discussion to talk about heroes in the community, the kids all started saying who their favorite hero was. Some said doctors, nurses, etc. Both my boys said I was their hero. I was in the other room and heard it and immediately started crying.

Aww, Wookie! That's so wonderful! 💖🤗

I love my kid more than anything, but being home since March sucks. Our area was badly hit with Covid-19, she's been missing her preschool friends (but thriving with homeschool.) I was hoping to be able to secure a teaching position this year, but due to Covid that's impossible.

Jen needs to stop talking about her privilege and just STFU.

892 replies since 9/10/2020, 18:59   112245 views