TraderJoesAndAllMyWoesLikeJen Pt 188

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I love her “I think I’m taking a full week off of all social media even personal consumption”. Because on her last break from SM she was caught posting likes on people she follows, so it was really only a 1/2 break. And again she says SM is what she does for a living. She must be aware of how hard it is to live on $9 an hour if she makes a living off her less than stellar YTs. There is no monetization on IG.

2.     +21   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    I'm budgeting but hey let's go on a retreat to process feelings.
    How long has she been saving for this holiday? Oh! that must have been the furniture money.

3.     +12   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bins bins never ending bins @ 10/10/2020, 19:39) 
    I'm budgeting but hey let's go on a retreat to process feelings.
    How long has she been saving for this holiday? Oh! that must have been the furniture money.

To be fair, she sold her Halloween mugs! :snickering:

4.     +32   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I am finding it hard to watch Jen for snark purposes these days
    When she didn't have kids, it was fun because she lived a hilarious responsibility-free life and we all could kind of "escape" for a moment when we watched her
    And even after CC, she seemed very detached but not in a super damaging way, and at least there was always Don
    She now seems completely off the rails

5.     +11   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Weren't her last YT earning estimates at like, $800/month? If this is Jen's "job," she makes $5/hr. It would take her two weeks of work to make enough to buy that drone toy. Luckily, it's a drop in Don's bucket.

6.     +10   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (I'mhappyjustsittinghere @ 10/10/2020, 19:08) 
    I've been a member here for years and I don't comment. Just want to say that my mother is just like Jen. She's a friendless, jobless, depressed, narcissist. No amount of family intervention will help these people. They don't want to get better; they want you to be as eternally miserable as they are. Nothing makes them happy because their brains are incapable of feeling happy. THEY DON'T WANT YOUR SUGGESTIONS. THEY DON'T WANT YOUR LOGIC. You exist solely to feed their constant need for attention that is never satiated.

Jen is in for a lifetime of despair. There is no magical medication to fix these people. They are utterly broken. Until we have the medical science that can carve out and replace the messed up parts of their brains, this is how is how it will be. All I can say is good luck to those kids. It does not get better or easier and God forbid you let your guard down around people like my mom and Jen. It sucks.

My heart goes out to you. You are exactly right. My mom is also a narcissist (and borderline). I’ve been in therapy for YEARS trying to heal. Jen 100% checks all the boxes. My heart ACHES for Charlotte. Donny is clearly her “golden child”. Charlotte is in for a very rough ride in life. 😢

7.     +12   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    We’ll see how long he stays the golden child. Once he starts developing his own personality and starts giving attitude back to her, his crown will tarnish too.

8.     +20   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I almost forgot....I noticed a comment on her video asking if she started feeling unease in her life and marriage before or after she started reading Glennon’s books. I wonder if that comment is still there?

ETA: yep still there. It has 20something thumbs ups.

Edited by IDon'tEatSugar - 10/10/2020, 02:14 PM

9. BackupPersona
        +21   Like  

User deleted

I wish Jen would just admit her heart isn’t in Youtube anymore. It’s very obvious.

She could, at least, say she’s taking the rest of the year off Youtube- it’s been a weird year for everyone - people would understand.

Regroup, settle into her new home, make some plans, goals.

No one would fault her for that. She and the kids have had a major transition this year, during a really scary worldwide pandemic.

I could barely watch her video yesterday. It’s hard watching someone .... in that headspace. I’m unintentionally living a life like Jen’s pre-kids responsibility free, shop everyday life, and I have to say, seeing videos like the one she put out yesterday is a huge reminder, even though I don’t really need it, to not screw up what I have.

But then again, I married my husband when we were both two broke 20 somethings and he was in the military. I didn’t see dollar signs when I looked at him, I saw his heart and his sense of humor and his huge muscles. Not gonna lie about that one! :big-drooling-smiley-emoticon:

Jen really really really screwed up her life. Her lifestyle. Her home base. Her traditions, which we know she loved. It’s so sad.

Take some time away, Jen. Off the Internet. For many months. Maybe even a year. Get a hobby! Truly love your kids. Enjoy them. Stop with the Allie Edwards projects. Be in the moment for your kids, not for what you can fake capture for your scrapbook. You won’t get this time back with them.

10.     +20   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    Bunion, please come back. (I hope you’re lurking and will see this). I love your posts, and your spot-on analyses. Please, come back!

11.     +11   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I think Jen likes doing YT when she feels like it. She either doesn't understand or care that people aren't going to watch forever if she doesn't make more of an effort. She probably treats her relationships the same way.

12.     +5   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Cookie Marnster @ 10/10/2020, 20:18) 
    I think Jen likes doing YT when she feels like it. She either doesn't understand or care that people aren't going to watch forever if she doesn't make more of an effort. She probably treats her relationships the same way.

What do you mean “probably?” :mocking_smiley_emoticon:

13.     +28   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Jen: “I need to take a break from all social media for a week.”

Also Jen: Posts 6 IG stories & counting the very next day.

14.     +30   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Social media has really done a number on society. Anybody can put the most intimate details of their life out into the big wide world in hopes of fame or fortune, but too often there’s a hefty price to pay.

I will never understand a “therapist” recommending that to Jen. Judith was either really bad at her job, or Jen took it in a totally different direction that Judith intended. Either way, it was clearly the worst thing for her.

15.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (FutureMrs.DonaldK.RossIII @ 10/10/2020, 13:48) 
    Curious when Don will go on his retreat or is he a big boy and can deal with the stressors of life. 🤣

Don’s getting laid.

892 replies since 9/10/2020, 18:59   112185 views