TraderJoesAndAllMyWoesLikeJen Pt 188

« Older   Newer »

1.     +21   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Being a parent 50% of the time is soooo haaaard. Bring on the no tear crying.
    She just realized that she lost the in-laws and Utah in the divorce and that everyone was making nice just to have her sign off.
    New levels of naivety. I didn't think that was possible.
    Is it that a "swipe left" lady is going to the "family" Thanksgiving dinner this year?
    The unnatural highs (maniacal laughter) and artificial lows (crocodile tears) in this video require more than one week "off".
    Upping the professional help seems necessary.
    Also: she does know that she could turn off the comments, right?
    Oh wait, that might remove one last party she can plan for...her big ole pity party. For one.

2. Popppp
        +15   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Boppo22 @ 9/10/2020, 20:40) 
    Hi, I have a question. I think I used to watch this channel, not sure. Is this the woman who used to throw over the top holiday parties and spend a fortune?

If you call plastic tablecloths, paper plates & Spinach Squares “ over the top”

:snickering:

3. Big Bev Boyles
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Somehow my previous comment never registered! Here we go again:

Jen’s upset that Suze won’t always be her forever mother in law.

Winnie’s “Camp Julie” is officially closed.

I feel like Gravy and Jill are fair weather parents and they were (no pun intended) riding the Ross gravy train along with Jen. Yes maybe they have their own money but the Boyles family (including Scott, Big Bev and the girls) relied on Jen and Don for theater tickets etc.

4.     +12   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Her talking about budgeting is hilarious. I remember, back in the day, she used to talk about being on a budget and Don gave her an allowance for spending money, etc. Must have been a huge allowance if she could buy whatever she wanted.

5.     +37   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    My life has been filled with some hard 💩, and nobody bothered to tell me I could dump my responsibilities on others and take a self-care “retreat”.

Dammit, I feel triggered.

6.     +17   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Lucky_Me @ 9/10/2020, 14:31) 
    Who else thumbed down her video? :mocking_smiley_emoticon:

giphy

7.     +12   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Popppp @ 9/10/2020, 21:05) 
    QUOTE (Boppo22 @ 9/10/2020, 20:40) 
    Hi, I have a question. I think I used to watch this channel, not sure. Is this the woman who used to throw over the top holiday parties and spend a fortune?

If you call plastic tablecloths, paper plates & Spinach Squares “ over the top”

:snickering:

Hey, there were program cards written with glitter pens!

8.     +16   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I love the staged camera shot of her logging in with her "unnecessary crap" trader joe's haul.

She totally reads here - she addressed eating disorder commentary as well as being vegan (or not). Hi Jen! :1485540604:

What's with buying things she doesn't like? The kombucha, the chai, cereal, curry, etc.

Hard core budgeting? bwahhaah

In all honesty - she's pretty peppy in the first part of the video - like old Jen, but more manic-y.

Sort of glad she's recognizing the train wreck that she is coming across as... but I believe it is totally intentional in this video.

Culture of comparative suffering?

Definitely NOT getting back together.

OMG Process of processing. :snickering:

She needs to put the camera down and just spend time with her kids. Regroup, refocus and then if she still wants to produce content come at it with a fresh new start.

...and I really hope she builds community for herself for her own mental health as well as her children. It sounds like she is mourning more than just Don - but everything that he brought to the table (extended family, trips, social life, etc.)

Edited by HeadacheLife - 10/9/2020, 03:23 PM

9.     +13   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Is she in the manic phase of bipolar disorder or overcompensating (very badly).

I'm torn

10.     +33   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Finally watching....17 minutes in and...
    FUCK YOU JEN!

You don't like comparative suffering culture? Maybe that's because it makes you look like a grade A, #1 bitch to act like you are under such duress you can't function when you do nothing BUT self care. People making $9 an hour don't have the luxury of time or resources to sit around and dissect every thought that comes into their minds!

11.     +9   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    If furniture is so expensive, then why not bring the nice stuff you had at the manor to this house? I get it - memories, blah blah but At least until you have saved up the money for new stuff and then sell those old things?

12.     +32   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She has been with Don for all of her adulthood. She has never lived alone. Why she thought this was going to be a walk in the park is beyond me. Good thing she doesn’t have to actually earn her own money.

I’m sure Suze said all sorts of bullshit about how things don’t have to change and Jen took it literally. Of course things are going to change

13.     +5   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Landyn's One Eye @ 10/9/2020, 02:47 PM)
    Had to come out of lurking for this.

Jen, if you read this, please use your brain. You do realize that, those kids you had for $$, can be taken from you. I haven’t watched the video but from what I gather, it’s concerning, to say the least. Don’t post your crazy for the world to see. One, this stuff is gold for Don and I’m sure his lawyers have told him to save this stuff. Two, one phone call to CPS and you will have social workers banging on your door. One viewer, neighbor, school staff, etc is all it will take. You need help, girl. And quick.

Better yet, save the family all of the stress. Save the courts the time. Mostly, save your children from their misery. Admit you aren’t into being a mom. Give Don custody. Yeah, you will lose the $$ support but you will feel so much better working, living in a little apartment alone.

This isn’t going to end well.

I would be surprised if a mandated reporter hasn't done this already (ETA: or doesn't do it now after watching this week's installment of Jen's Crazy Train), given that Jen has a sizable audience. A mandated reporter did this with Coffee with Kate, a much much smaller YTer who has a bakery thread, for repeatedly violating a foster child's privacy. Bye bye, YT channel & foster kid. On the one hand I find it hard to believe that Jen's that naive to not understand this, but I really think she is oblivious to how life works (see: where milk comes from).

14. Clueless
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Gossip Rags to Riches @ 10/9/2020, 02:27 PM) 
    QUOTE (Landyn's One Eye @ 10/9/2020, 02:47 PM)

I would be surprised if a mandated reporter hasn't done this already (ETA: or doesn't do it now after watching this week's installment of Jen's Crazy Train), given that Jen has a sizable audience. A mandated reporter did this with Coffee with Kate, a much much smaller YTer who has a bakery thread, for repeatedly violating a foster child's privacy. Bye bye, YT channel & foster kid. On the one hand I find it hard to believe that Jen's that naive to not understand this, but I really think she is oblivious to how life works (see: where milk comes from).

I've been sitting here arguing with myself over this since watching that video. There are no obvious instances of neglect/abuse (grapes and garbage probably don't count in court) that we have seen, but I worry she's on a slippery slope towards losing control when faced with the everyday ups and downs of caring for children.

15.     +30   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I agree that she is upset about the divorce being finalized and the Ross clan not having to include her in things any longer. Her entire existence revolved around the Ross's: Vacations, "parties", outings, lavish spending and gifts, breathy adoration over the mundane, everything. She literally has nothing left except two children, a yoga mat and a new house that no one will ever visit. No wonder she is freaking out, reality is setting in that she is truly and completely alone for the first time in her life and there is no one left to cater to her.

892 replies since 9/10/2020, 18:59   112245 views