Werqin9To5WhatAWayToMakeAlimonyLikeJen Pt. 189

« Older   Newer »

1.     +34   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Thank you.

My Mother was 87, she had a long, active and happy life.

Still hard to deal with, though x

2.     +14   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Shopping for a Tensleigh Blue Dress to Wear to the Party!

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ConfusedLikeJen @ 10/18/2020, 07:35 AM) 
    Thank you.

My Mother was 87, she had a long, active and happy life.

Still hard to deal with, though x

We're never ready to lose our mother's, ConfusedLikeJen . I'm so sorry.

3. Popppp
        +7   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (pinksims @ 10/18/2020, 04:11 AM) 
    Remember when Jen posted this photo on IG back in March?

JMASx0K

She describes these women as her 'close circle of girlfriends'. I think Jen has a different definition of that than I do. Since then Jen hasn't been involved in any of Laken's wedding planning or anything to do with her other friends or family - she hasn't even been mentioned. Jeanette hasn't shown any signs of life since June, and Naina is completed deleted off Instagram. Jen hasn't had any obvious contact with any of them since her divorce announcement.

I would love to know what happened between them. Are they even still communicating? They certainly haven't spent any time together in months. I know obviously the pandemic would prevent that, but my understanding is that rules about mixing aren't as strict in the US as they are here in Europe.

yep-Jen has no concept what a friend is(Its NOT your Nail tech that you paid to go on a trip with you)
    But Laken is a real friend to Naina-her husband posted the yard signs Laken had installed in their yard when Naina graduated and finished her Internship in the Spring
    I noticed that both Laken and Jeanette follow her husband, Jen doesnt

4.     +11   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I love Jen’s post. She left off stuff at the end. Except I will never be friends with them like most people have friends. The must only be friends to me, not with me. They must always fawn over me, telling me how hard my life is, how awful my ex husband was, what beautiful children live in my beautiful house, even tho I am expected to care for them.

5.     +10   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    On a salt bed in Italy ducking flying muffins.

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ShiseidoCottonPad @ 18/10/2020, 03:37) 
    I was just thinking- it's ridiculous that some rando judge is presiding over their divorce. Not to mention the attorneys that poor Jen shouldn't have to explain things to. We don't need things explained to us. We are expert witnesses to the entire marriage, as well as its demise. In closing, who better to determine the terms of their divorce than us!

Yes! The drama, the theatrics - and that’s just from the Bakery members. I object, your Honor! Ms Ross clearly stated, “I own care!”

6.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Hmmmm on my "recommended" videos on youtube this morning was one of Jenn circa 2014 going to some sort of wellness retreat in Arizona. Is it possible she is going there again during her time away? Didn't she say she needed a getaway or something?

7.     +15   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I do think Jen went downtown to meet Laken that ONE day she left her house (wearing knee high boots in Sept). The timing matched up too well with Laken talking about how she met up with friends over the weekend while she was in Chicago. I'm sure Jen pushed them all away once it came time to move because she is incapable of juggling more than one thing at a time.

8.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ConfusedLikeJen @ 10/18/2020, 06:07 AM) 
    QUOTE (Yetta @ 18/10/2020, 05:21) 
    I love to decorate for Christmas! Love it! When we first got married and had our kids, I didn't work, so we were on a tighter budget. We would buy 2 nice decorations each year (not tree stuff, we bought all of that right away) that would last. We didn't buy a bunch of cheap stuff. I always liked quality over quantity. We have many of those items still, 34 years later! Several years back, my mom passed away on Christmas Eve and I have to admit that Christmas was a sad time for me for a few years. I didn't want to decorate or celebrate. But, I did! I had kids and grandkids and I wanted to do it for them. I sort of "fake it till you make it" kind of celebrated. You know what? It helped me to see THEM so happy. Am I still sad about my mom? Of course I am! But, I love my family that are HERE and I want to make amazing memories for them, to have. Someday they will be celebrating with their own families and I will be gone. I want them to remember these Christmases and SMILE, knowing I did all I could to make it special for them.

Beautiful 🥰

My parents did the same. I still have some of Grandma's glass baubles from 1910 ISH.

My Mother just passed away this week and I have been thinking about this coming Christmas as well as Christmases past and all the effort that went into tasteful decorating of the house.

You certainly have the Spirit of Christmas

I'm so sorry for your loss! It's hard to celebrate a holiday after a loved one has passed away. Definitely pull out those old Christmas items and try to focus on good memories. I have things that belong to my great grandmother. One is her Nativity set. The figures are about 12'' tall and some of them are missing fingers or are chipped, but I still bring them out every year and say a prayer for the family members who have passed away.

QUOTE (HorriblePeople @ 10/18/2020, 03:39 PM) 
    Hmmmm on my "recommended" videos on youtube this morning was one of Jenn circa 2014 going to some sort of wellness retreat in Arizona. Is it possible she is going there again during her time away? Didn't she say she needed a getaway or something?

That's what I was thinking. That spa visit was shortly after her "poop hit the fan" comment that she made in a vlog.

9.     +18   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    ConfusedLikeJen, I’m so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how difficult it is to lose a parent.

I think in that post Jen did with Laken et al, the key is where she said, “they give me the gifts of their loving kindness, generous hearts, fierce loyalty, and fiery spirits each and every day,”. Note how it begins.....”THEY give ME...”. It was a one way street, as are all of Jen’s relationships. Jen has no idea how to be a friend to someone else. Here’s a hint, Jen: You have to be giving to others, not just take from them, and the giving part is not about giving people overly elaborate gift baskets or other material efforts.. You have to be there for them, listen to them, be a shoulder for them to cry on, take an interest in their interests, celebrate their achievements, offer a helping hand when they need it either physically or emotionally, and not turn everything about them or the relationship around to be about you, and your needs.

10.     +6   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    ConfusedLikeJen So sorry to hear about your mom. Virtual hugs and lots of love.

11. BackupPersona
        +5   Like  

User deleted

I am so sorry for your loss, ConfusedLikeJen
    So much love sent your way <3

12.     +10   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    ConfusedLikeJen I'm so sorry for your loss. Mothers are magic.

13. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +16   Like  

User deleted

ConfusedLikeJen My heart goes out to you.

Jen always comes on too strong with friends. You don't need to put up posts declaring your love, wax poetic in videos, or send extravagant gift boxes. Just let things grow organically for crying out loud.

She scares people off with the Single White Female of it all.

14.     +14   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    It’s so sad. She doesn’t know how to make friends, and she’s pushing 40.

15.     +35   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Making (new) friends is hard
    All of the best friends I've met since I graduated high school I met at work
    GET A JOB JEN

I will say, to us normals it seems sad that Jen has no friends, but Jen does not want friends
    It's why youtube is her perfect scenario
    You have to work at friendships, and make an effort, and think about someone else from time to time
    Jen can't even do that for her biological Children, she'll never do it for a friend

992 replies since 13/10/2020, 18:42   121771 views