MoonPhasesandNavelGazesLikeJen Pt. 190

« Older   Newer »

1.     +9   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Those are some serious dark circles under her eyes today.

2.     +12   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    zzzzz_0

3.     +19   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Those eyes look really puffy.

4. Clueless
        +17   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (pinksims @ 10/26/2020, 07:58 AM) 
    I watch other Youtubers/Instagrammers who are a similar age to Jen (and me) and I've noticed that 'self care' is a trend right now. I think where the idea of self care comes from is a good place - the idea that lots of us (especially women) can end up feeling like slaves to our family's needs, and our husbands sometimes behave like another child in the family rather than being our partner and pulling their weight. Some women could really do with putting themselves first more often, and not running themselves into the ground for the sake of their families.

The problem is when I see people like Jen Ross and Niomi Smart talking about how much they deserve more me-time and self-care days, several times a week, when they really don't do anything for other people the rest of the time. Jen mooched off her husband for years and never worked, while taking Personal Days and spending thousands of dollars a month on whatever she fancied. Niomi Smart swans about being rich and doing nothing but yoga and eating plants, having never had a proper job other than 'influencer' because her family is wealthy.

I just feel like the trend of self-care is aimed at women who don't get any time to themselves, and has been hijacked by these privileged lay-abouts who don't have jobs or family commitments as an excuse to do even less for other people and be even more selfish and narcissistic, and have the majority of their week dedicated to naval gazing.

💯💯💯!

There seems to be no understanding about the difference between needing a bit of a respite because you are exhausted from actually doing things for others, versus being exhausted from dealing with your anxiety over worrying that anyone might have the tiniest bit of an expectation that you act like a normal grown-up.

5.     +12   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (pinksims @ 26/10/2020, 14:58) 
    I watch other Youtubers/Instagrammers who are a similar age to Jen (and me) and I've noticed that 'self care' is a trend right now. I think where the idea of self care comes from is a good place - the idea that lots of us (especially women) can end up feeling like slaves to our family's needs, and our husbands sometimes behave like another child in the family rather than being our partner and pulling their weight. Some women could really do with putting themselves first more often, and not running themselves into the ground for the sake of their families.

The problem is when I see people like Jen Ross and Niomi Smart talking about how much they deserve more me-time and self-care days, several times a week, when they really don't do anything for other people the rest of the time. Jen mooched off her husband for years and never worked, while taking Personal Days and spending thousands of dollars a month on whatever she fancied. Niomi Smart swans about being rich and doing nothing but yoga and eating plants, having never had a proper job other than 'influencer' because her family is wealthy.

I just feel like the trend of self-care is aimed at women who don't get any time to themselves, and has been hijacked by these privileged lay-abouts who don't have jobs or family commitments as an excuse to do even less for other people and be even more selfish and narcissistic, and have the majority of their week dedicated to naval gazing.

Here's the thing, these women legit feel just as stressed as everyone else. When you're shot in the ass with luck you don't have common hardships to keep your life in perspective. Every week of overtime, every bill being left un paid, every dinner of rice & beans, every hardship we've ever had to overcome young in life had lead to our ability to handle stress. When you're sheltered for your whole life the small things actually cause you stress. And you're just not capable of handling big stress. It's why I assume when Jen had the kids she lost it. Granola crunching, vegan, now divorced.

It weirdly makes me feel bad for them. They're so lucky but eventually life fucks with everyone. Someone they love will die, loose a job, get sick, etc... That shit is terrible for anyone to deal with but for someone who doesn't have any actual coping mechanisms and an actual helpful support network. Those things are good damn hell on earth for them.

6.     +24   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I would not welcome my DIL if she accused my son of gaslighting , abusing, and caging her. Especially if she sent me a I did not know milk came from cows videos. She could drop the grand daughter off and take herself to lunch or go to the library or any number of things. Because if she acted like Jen, there would be words, plenty of them. It is one thing if people grow apart with no animosity or anger, that would be a lot different. To act like Jen, why is Suze trying to keep the peace. Grow a set, pull Jen aside away from the kids And tell her to start acting like a parent. Start putting the kids first, stop being such an ass. And if Jen can not talk constructive criticism, then she is no longer welcome at all. The kids can visit with Don or she can drop them off. But she is no longer welcome in the home.

7.     +5   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (JenuinelyUnorganized @ 10/26/2020, 03:42 PM) 
    I would not welcome my DIL if she accused my son of gaslighting , abusing, and caging her. Especially if she sent me a I did not know milk came from cows videos. She could drop the grand daughter off and take herself to lunch or go to the library or any number of things. Because if she acted like Jen, there would be words, plenty of them. It is one thing if people grow apart with no animosity or anger, that would be a lot different. To act like Jen, why is Suze trying to keep the peace. Grow a set, pull Jen aside away from the kids And tell her to start acting like a parent. Start putting the kids first, stop being such an ass. And if Jen can not talk constructive criticism, then she is no longer welcome at all. The kids can visit with Don or she can drop them off. But she is no longer welcome in the home.

I don't think any of them watch her social media, so they don't know what she's been saying. I don't think they did before the divorce which is why Jen had to email the milk video, they wouldn't have seen it if she hadn't.

8.     +22   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    damn she looks awful. she was using a filter in that story too

9.     +12   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BumbleBees @ 26/10/2020, 15:26) 
    QUOTE (pinksims @ 26/10/2020, 14:58) 

Here's the thing, these women legit feel just as stressed as everyone else. When you're shot in the ass with luck you don't have common hardships to keep your life in perspective. Every week of overtime, every bill being left un paid, every dinner of rice & beans, every hardship we've ever had to overcome young in life had lead to our ability to handle stress. When you're sheltered for your whole life the small things actually cause you stress. And you're just not capable of handling big stress. It's why I assume when Jen had the kids she lost it. Granola crunching, vegan, now divorced.

It weirdly makes me feel bad for them. They're so lucky but eventually life fucks with everyone. Someone they love will die, loose a job, get sick, etc... That shit is terrible for anyone to deal with but for someone who doesn't have any actual coping mechanisms and an actual helpful support network. Those things are good damn hell on earth for them.

I agree, I think being in a protective bubble your whole life is great until sh*t hits the fan and then you lack the resilience to deal with it. Commence 24/7 self care for these people who the rest of us would describe as spoilt brats. It's partly why parenting should include letting your child make mistakes and stand on their own two feet once they reach adulthood... it builds experience and resilience rather than a bubble of dependancy and blind privilege, with zero perspective.

The problem with people in the public eye like Jen is that their audience is likely made up of women who do work hard and do deserve a personal day - all wondering why the heck Jen needs another personal day after a busy week of doing sweet f*ck all. Then she wonders why she gets criticism. She can stay in her bubble if she wants - but the minute she starts sharing, her life is up for comment and scrutiny.

10.     +16   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    remember ladies...Jen doesn't like comparative suffering. her hardships are just as bad as the next persons

QUOTE (BumbleBees @ 10/26/2020, 09:26 AM) 
    When you're sheltered for your whole life the small things actually cause you stress. And you're just not capable of handling big stress. It's why I assume when Jen had the kids she lost it. Granola crunching, vegan, now divorced.

having kids and actual responsibilities is definitely why she lost it. now she's doing anything she can to get back to focusing on just herself - divorce, split custody, putting the kids in "school" at a very young age

she allegedly now has everything she wanted - to get out of a marriage that she contemplated leaving "for years", more me time, a new "space" that is fully paid for and a fresh start...and yet she is still miserable. I don't see things looking up for her either. as she spends more time alone and feels more stressed by kids who are getting older and have their own wants and needs (even if she only had them half the time), realizes how difficult dating is, etc, etc...I think she'll spiral even further

11.     +28   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Gossip Rags @ 10/26/2020, 06:13 AM) 
    zzzzz_0

Exaggerating her ‘exhaustion’ for Struggling Single Mama cred. An insult to every actual unsupported single parent who stays up all night with an ill child and goes to their job the next day without a choice.

I don’t feel the least bit sympathetic to Jen.

12.     +24   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I just can't imagine how lonely it would be to be Jen.

I don't think she's shot in the ass with luck, at all.

She fails at everything she does: YT, being a "social media influencer", being married, being a mother, being a decent person.

QUOTE (Popppp @ 10/26/2020, 02:29 PM) 
    there is something off with her , that a real therapist could help her with
    Not all the shitquotes and books she reads

If she is SOOOO happy now, divorced from Don....WHY is she hurting?

Yes-ANY grandmother would do what Suzanne is doing-to see her grandkids...
    But poor Don sure doesnt want her at ALL family festivities

I think for all her weirdness, Suze is the OG rockstar of the whole family.

13.     +8   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    In her planner she has party decor ideas. When is she having a party? Who will be invited? What is it for? The holidays? Sooo many questions.

14.     +30   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    There are women struggling to put food on the table for their children. They’re fighting inept and corrupt school systems to get their special needs kids the support services they need. They’re working jobs they hate just to bring in money to keep the lights on. They’re hiding from actual abusers and praying they don’t get found.

Jen is ordering special order 350 dollar macrame for her lonely pink teenager bedroom and sighing because people on the internet yelled at her for keeping her dog’s food in the pantry but her kids’ plates by the trash can. Pouting because her special trip to Disney World to run another race was cancelled. “Crying” when her beloved child goes off to his grossly overpriced entitled little shit daycare center, paid for by her former husband and EX in-laws.

She can rot in hell. She deserves more hate than she gets. And I hope Don is cataloging everything she puts out there. Hit her where she’ll actually hurt - the bank account.

15.     +11   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    There’s a local former newscaster (one of Pence’s nieces) that I follow on IG. She’s a sweetheart. Anyway, she and her dh have 4 yo twin boys, a 3 yo boy and a baby boy. She is always doing stuff with the boys and she’s so loving and natural with them. And she also runs a media group she founded. She’s legit exhausted all the time but is always put together and rarely if ever complains.

She’s like the anti-Jen.

934 replies since 21/10/2020, 23:40   109656 views