Amy Maryon: Fragments, Moldy Cheese & Pureed Bologna... It's All Good Pt 2

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Yes Everyone! Have a good weekend ... hope you got your weekend meals sitting on the stove regurgitating; with the antibiotics for dessert!

I cringe every time Amy says “ohh my kids loved that”... because you know the next 3 months she is going to make that same meal 25x. AMY! The kids just enjoy fresh food that hasn’t been sitting in a freezer with rotten puréed veggies. Try making some fresh steamed broccoli for once; you’ll open up a whole new world.

2.     Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I think some YouTubers have talked about making a "viewer suggested" meal. Someone should suggest a few simple freshly-made meals to Amy. Like the hamburgers, potatoes, roasted fresh broccoli, simple grilled marinated chicken, stuff like that. I would, but I think I'm blocked. :P

3.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (OldHag @ 23/1/2021, 22:48) 
    I think some YouTubers have talked about making a "viewer suggested" meal. Someone should suggest a few simple freshly-made meals to Amy. Like the hamburgers, potatoes, roasted fresh broccoli, simple grilled marinated chicken, stuff like that. I would, but I think I'm blocked. :P

Amy hasn’t blocked me even after I called her out for hating trans or gay kids .. it’s why she home schools so I bet you’re not blocked 😀

4.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I really enjoy watching Amy (and her all idiocracies) for "American" cooking; it is so very far removed from what and how we eat but I find it wonderous; although the amount of processed food and cheese is an absolute mind blow for me; in saying that I have implemented a number of Amy's very good ideas and because of her I finally used my pressure cooker (I was frightened of it lol). I am learning a lot about American food products but it's difficult with measurements because America is the only country left in the world still using the imperial system; at least I now know what a stick of butter weighs in grams LOL.

5.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Foodpimp @ 24/1/2021, 00:57) 
    I really enjoy watching Amy (and her all idiocracies) for "American" cooking; it is so very far removed from what and how we eat but I find it wonderous; although the amount of processed food and cheese is an absolute mind blow for me; in saying that I have implemented a number of Amy's very good ideas and because of her I finally used my pressure cooker (I was frightened of it lol). I am learning a lot about American food products but it's difficult with measurements because America is the only country left in the world still using the imperial system; at least I now know what a stick of butter weighs in grams LOL.

Please don’t use Amy as an example of how Americans eat or cook! Her recipes are not healthy and please don’t cook your dinner at 7 am and let it sit out all day! Amy uses a ton of processed food that alone is horrible! There are chefs on Youtube that could teach you a lot more!

6.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    Being a beef eating bitch with the Italians and hiding from the FBI. Formally known as Lenore

Status
    Anonymous
    If I had food sensitives I would avoid Amy's food, well I would avoid her food anyway, I do not need food poisoning!

7.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Foodpimp @ 24/1/2021, 00:57) 

Im not even American and know this is not how Americans eat! Going to a discount store and buying a 20lb roll of “meat” is not a daily routine in anybody’s schedule other than these quaker types with huge families or auditioning for 600lb life. Im sorry you have begun to use this as your roll model; but you need to investigate a little further youtube wise because there are tons of people with videos on using your pressure cooker.

8.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Wow, this seems to be is a bit of a hate-fest against Amy eh!. I am primarily interested in feeding large families on a budget, Amy's recipes or variants of them are replicated all over YouTube by many other American home cooks which is easy to see when you are not American; but I love it!. What amazes me is the small amount of money needed to feed large amounts of people and this is because the products (high in sugar, fat etc) are mind-bogglingly cheap; which is a food manufacturing issue nothing to do with Amy Maryon. Amy doesn't promote the idea her recipes are healthy unless she is actually doing a healthy cook; so there is no misrepresentation there as far as I can see, plus I have a brain and can actually cook!. I note a lot of the negative posts are about food hygiene etc; believe me, I have seen a lot worse on YouTube but I always remember that these are home cooks that are sharing not professional chefs.

9.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    my main issue is that she cooks everything before 9 am. and some videos its Friday and she making meals for the family to eat for Sunday. meaning that food is sitting in her fridge for 2 days. its nasty.

when she actually cooks she is surprise that her children likes the food. because it hasn't been sitting in the fridge all day or in the crockpot all day. its actually fresh.

10.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Foodpimp @ 24/1/2021, 11:31) 
    Wow, this seems to be is a bit of a hate-fest against Amy eh!. I am primarily interested in feeding large families on a budget, Amy's recipes or variants of them are replicated all over YouTube by many other American home cooks which is easy to see when you are not American; but I love it!. What amazes me is the small amount of money needed to feed large amounts of people and this is because the products (high in sugar, fat etc) are mind-bogglingly cheap; which is a food manufacturing issue nothing to do with Amy Maryon. Amy doesn't promote the idea her recipes are healthy unless she is actually doing a healthy cook; so there is no misrepresentation there as far as I can see, plus I have a brain and can actually cook!. I note a lot of the negative posts are about food hygiene etc; believe me, I have seen a lot worse on YouTube but I always remember that these are home cooks that are sharing not professional chefs.

No not a hate fest. Just because we say what we think has nothing to do with jealousy or hate. It makes me sick how people can do anything on YT and their minions defend them.

:strong_no_smiley_emoticon:

11.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I actually used to like watching Amy back when she was Plain and Not So Plain. Back then, she didn’t post daily. It wasn’t the same thing over and over. The girls helped her more, which was fun to watch. She seemed like she actually wanted to help people. She didn’t grind up all her leftovers to stretch out her meat. She didn’t make popcorn on a Friday to last the kids an entire week.

Once her channel started gaining traction and she started posting daily, it became obvious that she cooks for the camera. She has so very little to offer her audience, but is too greedy to stop her daily vlogs. So, we are stuck watching her cleaning toilets and cooking dinner at 7 AM. Quality over quantity, Amy.

She may be a home cook, but food hygiene is just as important at home as it is in restaurants. There are definitely worse on YT (Jammy). I will say that Amy does keep a pretty clean kitchen - even if I don’t believe in her magical Norwex cloths. But letting food sit out all day? 🤮

I don’t care if she buys junk food. I hate that she only buys it because it’s cheap. She rarely buys anything because she knows it is something that her kids like. I hate that she buys bags of mystery food because it is cheap. She would rather save a buck than make her family appetizing food. I would rather spend a little more to give my family fresh meals that I know they will enjoy.

Sorry for the long-winded rant. No one here is jealous of Amy, and I don’t think anyone here cares enough about her to hate her. We just like to call it as we see it

12.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Not really on board with what happens in this community yet because I am new here but I can assure you I am no minion that defends their favs on Youtube, I call it as I see it too. Bulk cooking and grocery hauls are by far the most watched videos by home cooks but what is behind this seems to be one income families with large numbers of people to feed and strict budgets. I think a lot of people will also be watching for tips, because if you have been successfully doing this for a number of years, you have something to share (tips) that people definitely want. I note Amy is changing as would be expected because her channel's success seems to have freed the family from a lot of restrictions and she will be experiencing pressure via her subscribers but I also note what she is sharing is "free" to the subscriber which is the opposite of Jamerill Stewart but who is also awesome.

13.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    No one makes us posts here .. so adios! :goodbye_smiley_emoticon:

14.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Did you just say jammy pig lips stewart was awesome? That invalidates anything you say lol :smoking-smiley-face:

15.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (jamerillshairychin @ 1/24/2021, 03:48 PM) 
    Did you just say jammy pig lips stewart was awesome? That invalidates anything you say lol :smoking-smiley-face:

Yes and Amen.

Foodpimp, please enlighten me. What do you think is awesome about Jammy?

I've always wanted an honest answer about what people see in Jamerrill. Feel free to post it on her thread so we don't clog Amy's thread with Jammy nonsense.

1084 replies since 27/10/2020, 23:12   123800 views