« Older   Newer »

1.     +9   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Narcissism101 @ 11/20/2020, 07:40 AM) 
    QUOTE (SundanceEarringss @ 20/11/2020, 15:16) 
    I wonder if Don just assumed youtube was one of her little fads, and she'd outgrow it like everything else. So he went along with it just assuming that once they had a kid, she'd give it up.

Very possible. Once she started bitching about being overwhelmed cause YouTube + kids, Donald her to quit YouTube til the kids were older. She wouldn’t, and the tension grew until the dam burst.

Every other interest was relegated to the scrap heap after a certain amount of time, so he wouldn’t have been out of order to expect the same of being a ‘content creator’. However he didn’t realize the allure of being loved and adored at a distance. He was up close with opinions and couldn’t be shushed by simply deleting his comment.

2.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    QUOTE (Anastasia Beaverhausen @ 20/11/2020, 16:43) 
    Yep - and there’s her argument for being “caged.” She claims YouTube is her career. He viewed it as a hobby and that whole “stay at home wife/mom” thing as her career. He “caged” her.

Yep, now that Don isn’t around to tell her to quit YouTube, she gets to keep doing both and also keep bitching about doing both....by way of spiraling downward and making a shitty effort of everything, in addition to not having Don to help with dinner and pretties a d whatnot. But she refuses to give up because that would be akin to admitting Don was right, plus she doesn’t really want to focus more on the kids anyway. Bottom line: she is just completely unhappy with her life and it shows in everything she does.

3.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (DirtyMartini @ 20/11/2020, 16:37) 
    QUOTE (Good Ol’ Suze @ 20/11/2020, 16:35) 
    I am deeply disturbed by the mug having the word CHOCOLATE on it, but it’s sitting next to coffee. Using a rumpus mug will be the downfall of civilization I assure you.

Jen not using the appropriate mug for coffee is scary..

I’m telling you: THE END IS NEAR!!!

4.     +9   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    30 minutes. Home projects vlog.
    Going in!

5.     +11   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Even the way she orders Starbucks is annoying.

6.     +12   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SelfCare @ 20/11/2020, 15:55) 
    I don't even find watching her insta amusing anymore. It gives me a lot of second hand embarrassment and actually worry for her. It's 100% understandable that what she went through was really tough, divorce is never easy, even if you're financially comfortable (I don't think they're f*ck you rich) but it just aggravates me to see her running out of gas and sputtering and not seeking help.

This is where my frustration lies with her. Lots of perceived motion, no actual movement. The wheels are spinning, but the car is going in circles and not actually getting anywhere.

I kind of hoped, when Jen said she was giving up counseling for a life coach, that she’d finally have some structure and it would get her to do something, because life coaching is about defining and setting clear goals and taking steps to reach those goals in a defined timeframe. It’s less focusing on feelings and more focusing on action.

But a life coach can only do so much and at some point it has to come from Jen. (Although I maintain a low dose of Wellbutrin would be extremely helpful to her.) If you’re spending so much time processing your feelings, that’s taking time away from making progress. Divorce is hard, moving is hard, navigating coparenting is hard, having an injury that affects your quality of life is hard, we’re all navigating a pandemic and that’s hard. But Jen shoots herself in the (bunioned) foot and makes stuff extra hard and blames it on everything but herself.

Coparenting is harder when you have a wacky schedule. Divorce is harder when you’re spending an inordinate amount of time processing your feelings and then willfully go on a multiple week trip with your soon to be ex. Moving is harder when you buy too much house and create your own obstacles to settling in. Being a “content creator” is hard because people are going to judge you, it’s harder if you feed into that. Put out your stuff and own it or STOP.

For a long time I’ve just wanted to shake her and been like, YOU HAVE TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, nobody is going to do it for you. But you’re putting off living your best life because YOU are creating the obstacles to get there. And the fact that she has nobody in her life who has either tried that, or is capable of getting through to her, makes the sputtering (SUCH a good way to put it) really hard to watch.

What has she accomplished this year? She filed for divorce that I think we all agree was not actually what she wanted, she bought a house because she was forced into that too. That’s it. She hasn’t fully moved into the house. She hasn’t gotten control of her eating disorder. She is going nowhere. She’s barely surviving, and it looks like even surviving is a daily struggle, so of course she’s not progressing as a person. And she has the means and the time and the resources to be living a completely different existence and she’s not and THAT’S what’s frustrating.

7.     +7   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    So is this what she meant by 1000 pounds? :hearty-laugh: She needs to get a life.

pngpng

8.     +38   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She looks wide b/c she is wide. But there are worse things in the world than being wide.

Namely, being a shitty person.

And she's got that covered.

9.     +30   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    She’s rocking the double chin big time. That’s not the camera sweetie. That’s the endless baking...

10.     +25   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    She comes right in from her million errands and doesn't wash her hands again. Ok.

11.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 20/11/2020, 17:08) 
    She’s rocking the double chin big time. That’s not the camera sweetie. That’s the endless baking...

This. Her face is where her weight gain is most noticeable, not her body.

12.     +12   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Her talking to Winnie about needing to be brushed - let’s see if we can fit this in today. Seriously? Still a busy bee doing shit. Omg she told her “friends” about her Instagram. She can kiss more of her head pats goodbye!

13.     +9   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Dat ass!

14.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I don’t like those two ceiling lights...

15.     +14   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ifyourenotfamiliar @ 20/11/2020, 17:10) 
    She comes right in from her million errands and doesn't wash her hands again. Ok.

Omg. We have taught our kids to wash hands when coming inside from an early age. Even our special needs son knows to do that.

917 replies since 18/11/2020, 00:44   101407 views