« Older   Newer »

1. GarbagePlateWeirdo
        +18   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (somebunny @ 19/12/2020, 12:27) 
    It’s never, like, actual laughter. It’s like, get out phone, start filming, look at self in mirror while pretending not recording, then make eye contact with self in phone screen, then a weird dissolve into grimace “chuckles” (it’s not laughter and not giggles, chuckles is the closest thing I can think of, and it’s not that either) while scrunching nose and shaking head. And if the sound is on, we have a 50/50 chance at hearing “I don’t know, you guys.”

Watching her interact with her own children always looks to me like she’s an aunt or a family friend, babysitting as a favor. Or, like, their “caretaker”, not their mother. If I didn’t know they were her kids, I wouldn’t be able to figure that out based on how she interacts with them. I can’t put my finger on why. I’m not a super lovey dovey kind of mom, so it’s not like I expect that out of her. She just looks so detached and awkward, while desperately trying to come across as attached and natural. It’s weird.

Just to piggyback on that, I find it also weird that she’s never raised her voice at all to them. Or corrected a behaviour in a firm voice. It’s always saccharine sweet. It’s just not real. No part of her interactions with them appear authentic or real. It is really strange.

996 replies since 17/12/2020, 23:26   109727 views