DeckTheHallsWithPoopAndVomitLikeJen PT 205

« Older   Newer »

1.     +35   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    She acts like she’s a martyr for “allowing” the kids to eat differently and have different schedules at dons. News flash Jen, maybe he struggles knowing how regimented their routine is at your house. Maybe he struggles knowing they can’t eat what may be their favorite foods when they are with you. It feels icky listening to her say these things when don isn’t sharing his side of the story. I’m sure he has a laundry list of complaints about how she parents.

Her whole speech kept coming back to the importance of self care and self love. While those things are important.. I don’t feel like she acknowledges how incredibly privileged she is to be able to do so much self care right after a divorce. I know many moms don’t have the time off of parenting that she does. And few are able to not work and be so financially comfortable. Self care is great but kids do come before self care ultimately. Jen can’t comprehend that because she’s never had to choose.

2.     +27   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    There is nothing wrong with the idea of self care, but selfish narcs like Jen have stolen the concept to justify their own self-centred behaviours. We can't criticise Jen putting herself before her kids because it's 'self care'. We can't criticise her spending hours exercising when she could be organising fun things for the kids to do outside of the house because her hours of yoga and cycling are 'self care'. For Jen, it's an excuse to be an asshole. For single mothers with two jobs and all the housework and cleaning to do with no time to themselves it's important.

3.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (BinThereOrganizedThat @ 21/12/2020, 16:44) 
    Why do the kids have to come back to her after Christmas for a day???!!!!

Can’t she get them back a day early of the next week.

Logic has no place here

Exactly!!!!!!!! How is that prioritizing the kids? Your suggestion is a great one. Or she could forfeit one day for the good of the kids.

4.     +12   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    How does one build a community of people only interested in themselves? Community of one?

I do not believe Don was abusive, Grin and Bear it was her thinking everything would go her way. Don would be gone, she would still be a Ross, no changes. Grit and Bear it, grit her teeth because Don is gone, the Ross’ are gone, and she can not control what happens when her favorite child and the other one are with their dad. Sleep schedule, cold grilled cheese, vegan food only, none of that happens with daddy or his parents. I wonder about the parenting class, were they told each parent can do things their own as long as no harm is done? Was their considerable nostril flaring? Who believes Don came for coffee?

I love the suggestion she become a therapist, it will take several years of schooling. Full stop on that. She should become a life coach for the lazy narcissists. Self care instructions at additional cost.

5.     +14   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    which thread title had the most likes? I'm being gentle with myself and not going back to read 15 pages

6.     +9   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Narcissism101 @ 12/21/2020, 12:11 PM)
    She commented that things have been good between her and Don the past 6 months of so. Coincidentally, 6 months ago was mid June- wasn't that when she finally moved into the new house?

Jokes aside about how most of her stuff is still in RM1, I thought she moved way before June???

Self care? More like self indulgence, when your whole life is considered leisure time.

They are terribly selfish parents to not even level with their kids about why their father moved out. That will come back to bite them in the butt when the kids get older. A serious lack of trust that will need to be addressed in therapy.

7.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    New thread: https://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net/?t=61972763

996 replies since 17/12/2020, 23:26   109727 views