NamastayInMeTimeLikeJen Pt 209

« Older   Newer »

1.     +20   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Freedom for Don @ 5/1/2021, 14:21) 
    Oh no! I cannot handle more yoga and bullet journaling. Has no one told her that nobody is interested in watching her exercise and perspire or diarising every minute of her day. h e l p !!!!!!!!

Well, speak for yourself, I loooove my fitness influencers to wear unattractive clothing, chose the worse angle to show off the move, butcher the poses, add no pointers or benefits about the pose or exercise, have not even one of those cutesy yoga certification, and of course, exercise in a barren room without a window.

Sooooo stoked for this inspiration!

This is sarcasm.

I can't believe this is the content she aims for. That's not how you build a following for a paying career as fitness influencer.

2.     +17   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Jen's yoga pose- Downward Facing burger.
    Attached Image
    Screenshot_20210105-092502_Gallery

3. Clueless
        +36   Like  

User deleted

Well, I have to hand it to Glennon Doyle. She's making a fortune exploiting the innate selfishness of human beings. My three year old granddaughter just had to endure her brother's birthday. Her constant plea that day was "what about ME!!??". GD is enabling a generation of perpetual three year old women.

She's providing her followers (and make no mistake, she leads a cult) with the vocabulary of avoiding responsibility (Stet stet stet!) and training them to ignore their consciences.

I wonder what this generation of women is going to do when they are elderly and need help from the children that they ignored because of their own selfishness. "Sorry Mom, I can't lift a finger or give a thought to your needs.....It won't bring me joy today. Stet, stet, stet!".

Jen has zero hope for any sort of meaningful relationship, either friendship or romantic, if she keeps going down this path. You can't be close to anyone unless you are willing to face the consequences of your behavior and adjust it accordingly. She just keeps reinforcing the armor she has constructed her whole life around her to avoid being hurt which also is serving to repel people. And now a new layer. Let's call it the "STET" layer. "Leave me alone, I'm fine, any criticism you have for me is meaningless because only I can judge myself." NOTHING is ever about anyone but her.

4.     +39   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Did someone say Jen was on her bike last night? Now she's posting that she'll be back on it again tonight. And then again 12 hours later.

For anyone who still thinks she was home last week and stayed off the bike the whole time... NO WAY.

5.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    What is "stet"?

6.     +3   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Whinypants @ 5/1/2021, 16:15) 
    QUOTE (Freedom for Don @ 5/1/2021, 14:21) 
    Oh no! I cannot handle more yoga and bullet journaling. Has no one told her that nobody is interested in watching her exercise and perspire or diarising every minute of her day. h e l p !!!!!!!!

My husband and I share a yearly diary where we each write down appointments each week so we don't overbook. It has a week over 2 pages. Nothing spectacular, not thought provoking and it's kept in the kitchen. I'm such a pleb.

No need to write daily thoughts, or tasks we just automatically do what has to be done like normal people.

Does she not stop to think about the trees that make all the paper she writes her lists on and all the notebooks and journals she has kept since the year dot? Recycle them Jen that should be your word this year. Yes Recycle .

Totally agree. She can do all of this online in an app, for free.

Jen uses IG almost like a daily journal. We know that she keeps the footage. Also for headpats, of course.

She must be hoping that once her alimony legally stops she will be married to another 1% 😂🤣😂

Maybe this is what she is “strategizing” of which she took a week off.

7.     +33   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (VeganGingerbread @ 1/5/2021, 04:55 PM) 
    Did someone say Jen was on her bike last night? Now she's posting that she'll be back on it again tonight. And then again 12 hours later.

For anyone who still thinks she was home last week and stayed off the bike the whole time... NO WAY.

I'm telling you, she sees the Peloton as "work" because she has a hashtag. Taking a week off included a week off the Peloton.

8.     +4   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (WeeeklyCazendaar @ 4/1/2021, 21:41) 
    QUOTE (Beetrix @ 5/1/2021, 03:34) 
    STET means after her 4th book ,GD refused to make the changes her editor suggested
    What she wrote was “ good enough “
    It is her usual drivel

You are right.

Stet is latin - means "as you were". In editing, it means "disregard the changes my proofreader/editor asked for".

What a horrible word of the year. It's basically "status quo" or "stagnating".

9.     +15   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (LateKate @ 5/1/2021, 17:02) 
    QUOTE (WeeeklyCazendaar @ 4/1/2021, 21:41) 
    You are right.

Stet is latin - means "as you were". In editing, it means "disregard the changes my proofreader/editor asked for".

What a horrible word of the year. It's basically "status quo" or "stagnating".

Thanks! Wow, that’s literally the opposite of what a word of the year is supposed to do for you. Probably someone told her to bathe.

10.     +16   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    "Good enough" kills the American Dream. :snickering:

11.     +27   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    So let me get this straight: what we have to look forward to from Jen is yoga poses, Peloton talk, and maybe her bullet journal?

Yeah, no thanks.

12.     +29   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (somebunny @ 1/5/2021, 09:34 AM) 
    So let me get this straight: what we have to look forward to from Jen is yoga poses, Peloton talk, and maybe her bullet journal?

Yeah, no thanks.

If I am going to spend even thirty seconds looking at someone making yoga poses, they had better be an expert, fit, and also not in their bland, unfinished gray house.

Sorry, Jen, looking a a stocky, sweaty person making awkward somewhat yoga-y poses in a gray, ugly house isn’t anyone’s content of choice.

13.     +38   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Glennon Doyle’s horseshit and her braindead followers’ adoration doesn’t surprise me in the slightest right now.

In a world where we’re being asked, no BEGGED, to wear a mask, wash our hands, and just stay home - people are refusing because it inconveniences them. So when someone like GD comes along and says you should put yourself first and not do ONE thing you don’t wanna do, it validates that kind of selfish mentality. It’s no longer about one for all - it’s about self-serving above all else.

Jennifer is a piece of shit as a mother, plain and simple. GD resonates so well with her because she can justify choosing herself above and beyond her family, 100% of the time.

Rachel Hollis got cancelled. I hope Glennon is eventually cancelled too. She’s garbage.

14.     +11   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Clueless @ 1/5/2021, 08:29 AM) 
    Well, I have to hand it to Glennon Doyle. She's making a fortune exploiting the innate selfishness of human beings. My three year old granddaughter just had to endure her brother's birthday. Her constant plea that day was "what about ME!!??". GD is enabling a generation of perpetual three year old women.

She's providing her followers (and make no mistake, she leads a cult) with the vocabulary of avoiding responsibility (Stet stet stet!) and training them to ignore their consciences.

I wonder what this generation of women is going to do when they are elderly and need help from the children that they ignored because of their own selfishness. "Sorry Mom, I can't lift a finger or give a thought to your needs.....It won't bring me joy today. Stet, stet, stet!".

Jen has zero hope for any sort of meaningful relationship, either friendship or romantic, if she keeps going down this path. You can't be close to anyone unless you are willing to face the consequences of your behavior and adjust it accordingly. She just keeps reinforcing the armor she has constructed her whole life around her to avoid being hurt which also is serving to repel people. And now a new layer. Let's call it the "STET" layer. "Leave me alone, I'm fine, any criticism you have for me is meaningless because only I can judge myself." NOTHING is ever about anyone but her.

...and the cats and the cradle and the silver spoon, little boy blue and the man in the moon. When you comin' home Jen I don't know when. But we'll get together then, CC. We'll get together, then.

15.     +22   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    What’s hilarious about the GD video Jen shared is that she’s railing on advertising sending the message that our lives aren’t good enough and if you just buy some festive Starbucks or whatever, your life will be better.

Lack of self awareness like Jen. Looking at your $14000 month, chick.

887 replies since 5/1/2021, 01:46   102484 views