« Older   Newer »

1.     +33   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen was PANTING to marry Don’s wallet. She cannot blame society or anyone else for her avarice leading her to jump at the chance to SPEND SPEND SPEND. That is simply her personal setting. She likes to buy stuff. What stuff? All the stuff.

2.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 9/1/2021, 18:32) 
    I don't think Jen has stepped into her anger yet. She needs to feel angry with her parents for making her so ill-equipped for life, with Don for sheltering her from the real world, making everything too easy, and never pushing her to be uncomfortable, with her children for taking away her 5yo pwincess status and me time, and then finally she can feel furious with herself for being a slack-jawed bystander in life who always chose the easy route. I think that could be the biggest motivator for her to actually change. The only real glimpses of anger I've seen have been her brief comments about having to clean out the hoard she amassed in RM1 by herself, moving on her own, and snarky comments directed at her children & haters. I think there's a MOUNTAIN of repressed anger within her.

That would occur with a true qualified mental health professional and we all know Jen won't do the emotional work to actually heal and be happy.

3.     +12   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (NoLongerAvailable @ 1/9/2021, 12:38 PM) 
    Also, she never wanted kids. I’ll say it again. She never wanted them. She felt pressured bc that’s what society told her (words from Glennon). But here is where this doesn’t make sense. It is NOT society telling her this. It’s not 1950 anymore. She married in a decade where you could choose your life. Want to stay single? Stay single. Want to get married and have kids? Great! If anything her parents could have expected her to marry and have kids but it was JEN who made the decision to get married young and be a housewife.

As a 30-something woman without kids, I can tell you there is still immense societal pressure for women to have children, but I do agree with the rest of your post.

4.     +14   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Why does she do that. People who post those things just want the attention. And then her making it a big deal gives them that attention. She says don't waste your time being nasty. Well it's wasting her time replying and scolding.
    Jen, just delete the comment and go on with your day.

5.     +8   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    That video was so painful to watch that I had to switch to something more entertaining. So with that being said, I went to watch her cry over milk. That has to go down as the best ever.

I just can’t with this woman... At least she’s so sh*tty at her “job” that I can snark on here with y’all. (Purposefully used y’all.) You keep me awake during my clinical breaks so thank you!

6.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (luggagewarehouse @ 1/9/2021, 11:55 AM) 
    QUOTE (NoLongerAvailable @ 1/9/2021, 12:38 PM) 
    Also, she never wanted kids. I’ll say it again. She never wanted them. She felt pressured bc that’s what society told her (words from Glennon). But here is where this doesn’t make sense. It is NOT society telling her this. It’s not 1950 anymore. She married in a decade where you could choose your life. Want to stay single? Stay single. Want to get married and have kids? Great! If anything her parents could have expected her to marry and have kids but it was JEN who made the decision to get married young and be a housewife.

As a 30-something woman without kids, I can tell you there is still immense societal pressure for women to have children, but I do agree with the rest of your post.

I actually think that Don pressured her to have kids. He was probably under pressure from his parents to produce an heir.

7.     +15   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (husbandontherun @ 9/1/2021, 18:37) 
    I don’t understand the one word for a year in general. So what if my word is pillow. Fine. Now what?
    :being-confused-smiley-emoticon:

Start by ordering

a mud love mug and bracelet
    large and small acrylic signs
    a talisman

8.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (RikkiJones @ 1/9/2021, 12:57 PM) 

I actually think that Don pressured her to have kids. He was probably under pressure from his parents to produce an heir.

Oh absolutely. I wasn't referring to Jen specifically, just speaking generally.

9.     +41   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Secretly Filming My Husband Without Him Catching Me

Status
    Anonymous
    She felt pressured to get married at 22 in 2007? Sure Jan :rolleyes:

Bitch, it wasn’t an arranged marriage.

10.     +26   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (RikkiJones @ 9/1/2021, 18:57) 

I don’t even think he pressured her per se. I think she absolutely agreed to have kids and knew they were part of the deal. She thought they were a “one day” thing and probably even convinced herself she wanted them. And then “one day” was “now or never.” She was never honest enough with herself that she didn’t want them.

11.     +16   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (RikkiJones @ 9/1/2021, 18:57) 

Yes I believe Don wanted children, but Jen led him to believe she wanted children. I doubt Don would have married her if she said she did not want children. If Don actually pressured her I believe they would have had kids long before they did. I felt Don wanted kids when I first started watching and that was sometime in 2012.

12.     +15   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 1/9/2021, 12:01 PM) 

Was it really "pressure" to get a job? To do something an adult would do? No thanks, I'll stick with Daddy Don & his wallet

Edited by ColdOne - 1/9/2021, 12:17 PM

13.     +13   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 1/9/2021, 11:01 AM) 

This is what I hate most of all about her. She was an adult who wanted to act like a child, so now she is blaming others. Grrrrrr.

14.     +13   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    :confused-smiley-emoticon-1:

So much babbling about her nonsense and using her weird phrases. And putting on her best Glennon Doyle act. I want to slap her every time she does a Glennon smirk.

I knew it was going to be weird when the first thing I saw on IG was Jen scolding over comments. :rolleyes:

15.     +5   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I would love for someone to ask if she would have rather not had children. Of course it would be met with disdain because her children are her entire world and she feels so lost when they’re not with her.

887 replies since 5/1/2021, 01:46   102478 views