LeaningIntoDon’sWalletLikeJen Pt 210

« Older   Newer »

1. Madmom
        +7   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 12/1/2021, 13:16) 
    It pains me to say this because it sounds so Ross-ish, but my husband and I are in the 1%. We have a beautiful house, but I'd like to think that we aren't showy and come off as pretty down-to-earth. We have money to spend on things as we want, but we aren't wiping our butts with $100 bills or anything. Plus, I don't want our kids to grow up to be entitled spoiled brats.

TBH I feel like most people with money do not flaunt it.

As far as the photo ops with Donny, as others said, she always has an agenda. She's trying to come off as a good mom to someone somewhere whom she believes is watching- whether it is us, Don, Suze, her parents... Who knows... but it sure as shirt (reference to The Good Place for anyone who watched) isn't genuine.

My former boss represents some 1%ers. Most of them would never be pegged as such; just well off. One couple, in particular, looked downright homeless. Smart as hell, but a bit crazy, too. Oh, the stories I could tell. My boss told me that they dressed and lived they way they did so that they didn’t get harassed by greedy relatives for money. And so they wouldn’t get harassed while traveling. And boy, did they travel. Another couple made a living practically of trying to give away their millions! Hearts of gold, those two. Didn’t have to work, but did so that they could give to charity.

891 replies since 10/1/2021, 01:10   109264 views